And1: 1,364

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#361 » by verbal8 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 am

Earth2Ted wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
ClutchDJ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I feel the same way about this as the Al Horford free agency thing- we had no intention of paying the price to bring either guy to Dc. I think we were just pretending to look busy just so people can't say we were doing nothing. When in fact, that is exactly what we were, are, and will continue to be doing.

Imagine how different the Wizards would look if they had signed Horford and traded for Butler(let's say Beal was dealt).

It wouldn't be a wide window, but a core of Wall/Butler/Horford/Porter could make serious noise in the East.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#362 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
payitforward wrote:
owneroz wrote:Absolutely, however analysts think it would be a mistake.

Ummm, did you read Error's whole post? Both sentences?

Signing Melo would seal our fate -- down the tubes to rebuild!!
How much worse would Washington be if Melo replaced Markieff Morris and Ian Mahinmi?

Bumps Thomaa Bryant up to backup C.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

A lot worse.

Melo is a cancer. Wherever he goes, his ball-stopping and horrific defense kill a team. He used to at least partially make up for it by being a volume scorer with bad-but-not-terrible efficiency, but two years ago, he lost that ability. His FTA's per 100 possessions plummeted from 7-8 in his late NY years to 3-4 now, and his TS% has hovered around 50% for 2 years.

Jeff Green is easily a better player at this point. And so is Morris.

And I don't think Thomas Bryant is ready for the NBA defensively. He can rebound, but he is slow footed and has no elevation whatsoever to block a shot.
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#363 » by owneroz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:41 pm

nate33 wrote:
payitforward wrote:Ummm, did you read Error's whole post? Both sentences?

Signing Melo would seal our fate -- down the tubes to rebuild!!
How much worse would Washington be if Melo replaced Markieff Morris and Ian Mahinmi?

A lot worse.

Melo is a cancer. Wherever he goes, his ball-stopping and horrific defense kill a team. He used to at least partially make up for it by being a volume scorer with bad-but-not-terrible efficiency, but two years ago, he lost that ability. His FTA's per 100 possessions plummeted from 7-8 in his late NY years to 3-4 now, and his TS% has hovered around 50% for 2 years.

And I don't think Thomas Bryant is ready for the NBA defensively. He can rebound, but he is slow footed and has no elevation whatsoever to block a shot.

I have to agree with this. Melo is just Melo..a name. To be completely transparent, I am happy with Jeff Green overall as he continues to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#364 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Gortat and Scott seem to be doing okay for the Clippers... I didn't think they would be in the playoff hunt. I guess it is still early.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#365 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

SAC is in the playoff hunt currently
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#366 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm

owneroz wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How much worse would Washington be if Melo replaced Markieff Morris and Ian Mahinmi?

A lot worse.

I have to agree with this. Melo is just Melo..a name. To be completely transparent, I am happy with Jeff Green overall as he continues to improve.

Just ignore the part about trading Mahinmi and contract.

Just ignore that Otto Porter is the best option at PF.

Just assume you know what Bryant will do.

Just assume Carmelo is worse than Morris in all facets.

Use a word cancer, that I have heard a out Cousins, McGee, Portis, Nick Young...

Melo is not right with D'Antoni and wasn't in Denver. Melo is about as done as Gortat.

Honestly, I really want Gary Clark in any Melo deal in much the same way Justin Patton went to Philly. I am not even thinking Melo will be good. Just that he can't hurt unless Brooks misused

Good chance he walks or agrees to a buyout.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#367 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:16 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Gortat and Scott seem to be doing okay for the Clippers... I didn't think they would be in the playoff hunt. I guess it is still early.
I said they would. I'm not surprised that they are.

People not you are being silent but I remember saying before regular season the Clippers are more talented than the Wizards.

Bye bye Beal.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#368 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:22 pm

payitforward wrote:Disagree. First off, Porter is enormously better than Covington -- & please don't argue the opposite based on this season. Look at the previous two seasons.

Porter is better than Covington but I wouldn't say enormously better. He's a better offensive player and Covington is the better defensive player. That may change as Porter ages and Porter is no slouch defensively himself but it isn't like Covington is bad. RPM rates them both pretty comparably. Neither guy is a high usage player. Honestly, if we're going to go off of last season, Saric isn't necessarily out of the realm of Porter. And Saric is younger than Porter, too. Ignoring Butler entirely for a second, I'm not so sure that the Wizards wouldn't have been well to do a hypothetical trade of Porter for Covington and Saric. Blame it on the coach or GM or whoever you want to blame it on but I think the Wizards would be a better team in that hypothetical scenario.
Bucket! Bucket!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#369 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:23 pm

owneroz wrote:
nate33 wrote:A lot worse.

Use a word cancer, that I have heard a out Cousins, McGee, Portis, Nick Young...

Melo is not right with D'Antoni and wasn't in Denver. Melo is about as done as Gortat.

Honestly, I really want Gary Clark in any Melo deal in much the same way Justin Patton went to Philly. I am not even thinking Melo will be good. Just that he can't hurt unless Brooks misused

How exactly do you plan on dumping Mahinmi's contract in this transaction? Melo has a cap figure of just $2.3M.
RealGM

Post#370 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm

nate33 wrote:
owneroz wrote:

How exactly do you plan on dumping Mahinmi's contract in this transaction? Melo has a cap figure of just $2.3M.
I don't know jack about cap. Did not take the time to look.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#371 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:03 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:
payitforward wrote:Disagree. First off, Porter is enormously better than Covington -- & please don't argue the opposite based on this season. Look at the previous two seasons.

Porter is better than Covington but I wouldn't say enormously better. He's a better offensive player and Covington is the better defensive player. That may change as Porter ages and Porter is no slouch defensively himself but it isn't like Covington is bad. RPM rates them both pretty comparably. Neither guy is a high usage player. Honestly, if we're going to go off of last season, Saric isn't necessarily out of the realm of Porter. And Saric is younger than Porter, too. Ignoring Butler entirely for a second, I'm not so sure that the Wizards wouldn't have been well to do a hypothetical trade of Porter for Covington and Saric. Blame it on the coach or GM or whoever you want to blame it on but I think the Wizards would be a better team in that hypothetical scenario.
I don't disagree with any of this.

Before the Wizards resigned Porter I even posted Porter/Covington trade ideas. My first notice was of D-League Covington, who I then thought was BETTER than Porter.

Otto is frustratingly passive about his offense and he's neither an explosive nor physically strong player. He's just very efficient and crafty.

He's a Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton winner on the right team for the right coach.

Bye bye Beal.
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#372 » by owneroz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 am

Well it is officially not happening, Beal stays and Butler goes elsewhere.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#373 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:39 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded guard Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for guard Alec Burks and two future second-round picks, league sources told ESPN.

The Jazz (9-12) have been determined to thrust themselves out of an early-season malaise, and they pursued Korver to deepen their ability to spread the floor with their shooting. Korver, 37, has been one of the most pursued available players on the trade market.

Utah is sending 2020 and 2021 second-round picks to Cleveland, league sources said. The 2021 pick is via the Washington Wizards.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25403168/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-kyle-korver-utah-jazz

Ingles and Korver on the floor at the same time. Bombs away! :o

It's also nice to know at least somebody is benefiting from our 2nd round picks. :lol:
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#374 » by Eli Babak » Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:18 pm

Bulls fired Fred Hoiberg who did great job as a tank commander. Wizards on the other hand want to win but do nothing. :nonono: #FireGrunfeld #FireBrooks
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#375 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:02 pm

Mo Wagner played his first regular season minutes for the Lakers last night and didn't embarrass himself in garbage time.

10 points on 3/8 shooting (2/3 3-pt), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block and 2 turnovers in 10 minutes of action.

Going to keep my eye on my compatriot, was hoping he would end up in a Wizards uniform.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#376 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:17 pm

Devin Booker must have gotten run over by a tank.
In Rizzo we trust
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#377 » by payitforward » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:14 am

The Rockets have signed Gary Clark to a 3-year deal. It's always nice to see a young guy realize his dream of becoming an NBA player, & for sure Gary Clark deserves it & I feel pretty sure he'll have a long, solid career (hope so anyway!).

He'd been on a 2 say contract up till now. To make room for him on their regular roster, the Rockets waived Danuel House -- & then signed House to the 2-way spot just vacated by Clark!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#378 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:16 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:

I think Covington's one of the more underrated players in the NBA. One of the interesting newer stats kept in the NBA is pass deflections - because even when deflections don't lead to turnovers - they' often disrupt the offense. I recall seeing he was number 1 in the NBA 2 seasons ago.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#379 » by FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 am

Read on Twitter
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#380 » by pcbothwel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:55 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Imagine if someone told you 4 years ago on draft night that Wiggins, Parker, and Exum (picked 1, 2, 5) would all end up being fringe/China level players all before their 24th birthday... NBA man.

Honestly... this has Houston written all over it.
They move Knight, Chriss, pick for Parker.
It allows them to take one more shot this year, while also giving Morey a real wild card with his 20M Team Option this summer to add another player.
So they make the trade above and roll with Parker this year. This summer, they trade him to a team trying to immediately cut salary (Wiggins, Gallo, Barnes, Batum, Parsons, Tyler Johnson, Tim Hardaway, etc.)

Return to Washington Wizards