trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#441 » by trast66 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:38 pm

nate33 wrote:Somebody help me understand this Miami/Phoenix trade:

Miami trades: Wayne Ellington + Tyler Johnson
Phoenix trades: Ryan Anderson

Phoenix is reportedly going to waive Ellington. So Phoenix just paid an additional $5M this year and $4M next year to turn Ryan Anderson into Tyler Johnson. Why did they bail out Miami like that? No picks were involved.

Maybe Johnson opts out? Is strange.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#442 » by bsilver » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:45 pm

Gasol to Toronto. The EC playoffs should be the best in a quite a while after the first round blowouts, except Brooklyn with a healthy Levert and Dinwiddie could beat Indiana or give Boston a good fight.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
bsilver
Pro Prospect

Post#443 » by bsilver » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:13 pm

Phoenix is reportedly going to waive Ellington. So Phoenix just paid an additional $5M this year and $4M next year to turn Ryan Anderson into Tyler Johnson. Why did they bail out Miami like that? No picks were involved.

Johnson overpaid, but possibly Phoenix feels their fans deserve to see an NBA quality player in their backcourt. Quite a ragtag assortment there now.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#444 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:22 pm

The Bucks landing Mirotic is borderline unfair, they've got so much lineup flexibility now it's absurd.

Milwaukee can go big and still stretch the floor for Giannis to operate with impunity because of Lopez ridiculous sniping and everybody else around him being able to stretch the floor.

Go small with Giannis at center and now you have a capable stretch forward in Mirotic and really don't lose any of the spacing that Budenholzer loves for his teams.

Or the Bucks can just go REALLY REALLY big with Lopez, Mirotic, Giannis, Middleton and Brogdon on the floor at the same time.
bsilver
Pro Prospect

Post#445 » by bsilver » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:42 pm

Brooklyn trades for Greg Monroe, then Enes Kantar agrees to buyout. They're similar but Kantar is better. Timing wasn't good for Brooklyn.

We'd be an interesting team for the rest of the season with Portis and Kantar. Rebounding woes could be over. Both known for bad defense, but we're already awful.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#446 » by JWizmentality » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:22 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Wait...Philly was able to get a first for Markelle "forgot how to shoot and playing with one arm" Fultz?!?!

I can't believe Orlando gave up actual value for Fultz. :o
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#447 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:29 pm

queridiculo wrote:The Bucks landing Mirotic is borderline unfair, they've got so much lineup flexibility now it's absurd.

Milwaukee can go big and still stretch the floor for Giannis to operate with impunity because of Lopez ridiculous sniping and everybody else around him being able to stretch the floor.

Go small with Giannis at center and now you have a capable stretch forward in Mirotic and really don't lose any of the spacing that Budenholzer loves for his teams.

Or the Bucks can just go REALLY REALLY big with Lopez, Mirotic, Giannis, Middleton and Brogdon on the floor at the same time.

I absolutely LOVE that Bucks team. They have a lot of really good players who complement each other nicely. Plus they have the MVP.

It might be time to "pull a Ruzious" and adopt them as my favorite team. :D
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#448 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:30 pm

The Bucks, Sixers and Raptors have all made significant moves to try and make a run at the title. Will Boston counter? How much will they pay for Beal?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#449 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:40 pm

nate33 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:The Bucks landing Mirotic is borderline unfair, they've got so much lineup flexibility now it's absurd.

I absolutely LOVE that Bucks team. They have a lot of really good players who complement each other nicely. Plus they have the MVP.

Yep, they are really scary now. And as I look across the landscape of the east... we aren't going to be there for a few years.

I am sure a lot of fans are saying, "told you so"... you should have blown this up a while ago.
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Post#450 » by ozthegap » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:55 pm

Either Boston will get AD and keep kyrie or Kyrie will join KD in N.Y. this summer. Either way will next year be the year the east finally catches up to the west?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#451 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 11:05 pm

ozthegap wrote:Either Boston will get AD and keep kyrie or Kyrie will join KD in N.Y. this summer. Either way will next year be the year the east finally catches up to the west?

Kawhi is going to go to the Clippers.

And I'm not convinced Jimmy Butler is staying in Philly either. He could go join the Lakers or Clippers.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#452 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 7, 2019 11:23 pm

nate33 wrote:The Bucks, Sixers and Raptors have all made significant moves to try and make a run at the title. Will Boston counter? How much will they pay for Beal?

I thought the Raptors move was kindofa panic move to keep up with Milwaukee and Philly. To me, Jonny V is a better player than Gasol at this stage of their careers. He may be considered a dinosaur, but he's extremely productive and efficient.

Well, hopefully we can make a draft-day deal with Boston.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#453 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:24 am

dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Yep, they are really scary now. And as I look across the landscape of the east... we aren't going to be there for a few years.

I am sure a lot of fans are saying, "told you so"... you should have blown this up a while ago.
They're going on to great things.

Ernie is doing things almost unfathomable to take the Wizards down the wrong path.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#454 » by dangermouse » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:04 am

Bucks have built masterfully around Giannis in a short space of time, even got a great coach. I'll be cheering them on these playoffs.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#455 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:36 am

Wow, the Bucks are not phucking around, finally thriving after firing Ernie’s ass
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#456 » by darmani » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:54 am

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#457 » by montestewart » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:31 pm

closg00 wrote:Wow, the Bucks are not phucking around, finally thriving after firing Ernie’s ass

So you're saying the approximate formula is - EGgo + 16 years?
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#458 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:34 pm

That's some odd math. Johnson and Ellington combine to make about $25.5 million this season and they waived Ellington. It costs them about $5 million this season. They have the space, so sure, but Johnson also isn't very good. There are loads of not-so-good PGs out there that they could have signed at any point in the offseason for that money. They absolutely should have waiting Miami out and let them pay their full tax bill if they didn't start throwing in something more worthwhile.
Bucket! Bucket!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#459 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:13 pm

I looked at the Clipps box score and noticed Gortat's name wasn't listed anywhere. Checked on Rotoworld.com, and it says he was waived. Opportunity for John Moxley. Well, I assume somebody's going to sign Marcin quickly. Maybe the Celtica?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#460 » by Rafael122 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:30 pm

Somehow beat writers are putting the Celtics as winners at the deadline b/c now they have a shot at Davis. The media bias on this team is unreal. Boston right now is the 4th best team in the East, they're looking at a second round exit. If they're not including Tatum in a trade package, what exactly are they shooting for in the next 3-5 years? Its not like they can wait for Simmons and Embiid to get old.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Wizards