Page 33 of 38

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 pm
by nate33
pcbothwel wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


But why?
Bazemore is slightly better and 500k more expensive. Weird

I think it helps both ball clubs, if only a little bit.

Bazemore is more of a 3&D type. Evan Turner is a ball-handler/slasher without the 3-ball.

Portland has ball-dominating players in Lillard and McCollum, so Turner was redundant. He was only useful when both Lillard and McCollum were out, which wasn't very much. An off-the-ball 3&D guy like Bazemore can coexist better with those guys.

Meanwhile, Atlanta just drafted two 3&D guys (Reddish and Hunter), and they have another off-the-ball catch-and-shoot player in Huerter. Outside of Trae Young, they have no ball-handlers and a lot of guys dependent upon ball-handlers to feed them. Evan Turner can essentially be their backup PG and can even coexist alongside of Trae Young. Bazemore was redundant.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 pm
by closg00
Bill will be in the West, but Tacko will be in the East. Tacko plays pretty terrible basketball, but he swap balls and dunk in the post.

Watch on YouTube

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 am
by truwizfan4evr
closg00 wrote:Bill will be in the West, but Tacko will be in the East. Tacko plays pretty terrible basketball, but he swap balls and dunk in the post.

Not sure how this guy on an NBA roster.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 am
by I_Like_Dirt
The Celtics really aren't good at identifying talent later on in the draft, let alone undrafted talent. They do well enough by trying repeatedly but whiff an awful lot - far more than most good teams or even most teams. Tacko is really big and has some interesting skills but he isn't close to being an NBA player.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am
by closg00

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 am
by nate33
closg00 wrote:


That video really makes me wish we could have pulled off a trade down. For those that don't feel like watching it, he identified Brandon Clarke (#21), Nassir Little (#25), Keldon Johnson (#29), Kevin Porter (#30), and Bol Bol (#44) as the 5 guys who went way later than they should have.

I agree with respect to Clarke, Johnson and Porter. Kevin Porter in particular looks like he has some legit star potential. If there's a Jimmy Butler type of guy in this draft - a legit All-NBA caliber player so late in the 1st round, it's Porter. He settled too much for midrange shots in college, but he really has the handle to create separation whenever he wants to and he has the size and athleticism to capitalize on it. It's hard to teach that. The video highlights of him in scrimmage play at the combine are really impressive. The guy is so smooth.

Nassir Little may pan out to be a good player, but I don't think he should have gone much higher. I think it will take a few years for him to become better than replacement caliber. Basically, by the time he becomes a plus player, his rookie deal will be up so there isn't all that much value in taking him - sort of like Kelly Oubre.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 pm
by closg00
Thx for the Cliff Notes Nate, SL is going to be fun to watch

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:12 am
by montestewart

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 am
by pcbothwel
montestewart wrote:Westbrook for Paul?
Sources: OKC trades Russ to Rockets for Paul


Presti is killing it. Those top 4 protected 2024 & 2026 picks could be lotto picks easy. I bet they flip CP3 to Miami for a pick and shorter contracts. Dragic, Johnson, etc.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 am
by Dark Faze
CP3 flip will have to wait until the deadline. That's a long time for a player like him to be playing on a rebuilding team. Will be interesting.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 am
by ozthegap
westbrook for Wall would of made more sense for okc if they wanted to flip massive contracts. Wall wouldn't be able to demand they pay him to go away. and people would at least buy tickets to see what he had left.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:35 am
by nate33
Dark Faze wrote:CP3 flip will have to wait until the deadline. That's a long time for a player like him to be playing on a rebuilding team. Will be interesting.

Paul can be traded immediately as long as he isn't packaged with another player.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 am
by nate33
Houston looks desperate. They've traded away all their first round picks for 6 years.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 am
by gambitx777
Neither can Chris Paul. And they technically get one year less on the contract
ozthegap wrote:westbrook for Wall would of made more sense for okc if they wanted to flip massive contracts. Wall wouldn't be able to demand they pay him to go away. and people would at least buy tickets to see what he had left.


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 pm
by payitforward
nate33 wrote:
closg00 wrote:


That video really makes me wish we could have pulled off a trade down. For those that don't feel like watching it, he identified Brandon Clarke (#21), Nassir Little (#25), Keldon Johnson (#29), Kevin Porter (#30), and Bol Bol (#44) as the 5 guys who went way later than they should have.

I agree with respect to Clarke, Johnson and Porter. Kevin Porter in particular looks like he has some legit star potential. If there's a Jimmy Butler type of guy in this draft - a legit All-NBA caliber player so late in the 1st round, it's Porter. He settled too much for midrange shots in college, but he really has the handle to create separation whenever he wants to and he has the size and athleticism to capitalize on it. It's hard to teach that. The video highlights of him in scrimmage play at the combine are really impressive. The guy is so smooth.

Nassir Little may pan out to be a good player, but I don't think he should have gone much higher. I think it will take a few years for him to become better than replacement caliber. Basically, by the time he becomes a plus player, his rookie deal will be up so there isn't all that much value in taking him - sort of like Kelly Oubre.

How'd I miss this? Using Pelton's chart we would have been w/in a couple of points of getting Clarke, Johnson & Porter in a trade for our #9 pick. Impossible trade in reality of course....

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:48 am
by closg00

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 am
by closg00
Its Tacko Time
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:11 pm
by payitforward

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:27 am
by Jamaaliver
closg00 wrote:Its Tacko Time



How did they NOT make this announcement on a Tuesday?!?

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:35 pm
by Jamaaliver
payitforward wrote:OTOH, I completely agree that Schlenk's draft moves were incomprehensible.

Hunter might have been there at #8, for starters. & if someone actually picked him, say at #6, that would have been the time to say "hey, we'll give you our #10 & #35 & a R2 pick next year for him." -- something like that. 8 & 17 was a major overpay let alone adding #35. Nuts.

Hell, 10 & 17 would have been an overpay.



You are preaching to the choir, brother.

We've overall been pleased with his tenure, so our fanbase is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But, it was a hell of an overpay. Undeniably.