ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards 2019 Draft thread. (Tank for Zion, or OTHER NAME HERE)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Re: Wizards 2019 Draft thread. (Tank for Zion, or OTHER NAME HERE) 

Post#41 » by Tyrone Messby » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm

LSU alum here and Naz Reid is going to be a top 5 pick. He would be an awesome get. He already looks more impressive than Ben Simmons did while he was here.

Check out these highlights, he’s the new age center.

Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#42 » by Earth2Ted » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 pm

What does everyone think of Bol Bol? I remember back when Manute was with us, the big question was, what kind of player would he have been if he'd grown up in the states, and now his son is starting to answer that question. He's got some impressive touch, range, and ball skills for his height. Can he move laterally and get strong enough to be a game changer at the NBA level?

The other knock on him, is- does he have the fight in him that Manute did?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,433

Post#43 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:LSU alum here and Naz Reid is going to be a top 5 pick. He would be an awesome get. He already looks more impressive than Ben Simmons did while he was here.

Check out these highlights, he’s the new age center.

Interesting player. He has a nice soft shooting touch and he's got good balance and control. But something about him seems a little plodding. Is he actually slow of foot, or does he merely look slow of foot because of his overall economy of motion, a la Tim Duncan?

In general, he's not the body type that seems to be popular with centers today. These days, you want guys like Capela or Anthony Davis who have the length and strength to deal with the biggest centers, but also have the agility to handle switches late in the shot clock. I don't see Reid being capable of that, but it's possible that he'll get quicker feet once NBA trainers get a hold of him. He might be better off losing about 10 pounds.

You gotta love a 5 with that kind of range though.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Earth2Ted wrote:What does everyone think of Bol Bol? I remember back when Manute was with us, the big question was, what kind of player would he have been if he'd grown up in the states, and now his son is starting to answer that question. He's got some impressive touch, range, and ball skills for his height. Can he move laterally and get strong enough to be a game changer at the NBA level?

The other knock on him, is- does he have the fight in him that Manute did?

I think the problem with Manute - more than anything else - was that he just wasn't athletic - not even a little bit. I thought it was amazing he did as well as he did - a testament to his toughness and work ethic. He was and amazing individual. Haven't seen Bol Bol yet.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#45 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Zion had 27 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 blocks and 1 steal last night in 32 minutes. 11-14 shooting. Only 1 turnover.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,123

Post#46 » by Dat2U » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:13 pm

nate33 wrote:Zion had 27 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 blocks and 1 steal last night in 32 minutes. 11-14 shooting. Only 1 turnover.

:o

I shake my head at anyone who doesnt consider this kid a lock for #1.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:Zion had 27 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 blocks and 1 steal last night in 32 minutes. 11-14 shooting. Only 1 turnover.

I shake my head at anyone who doesnt consider this kid a lock for #1.

Before the season started, I didn't see any draft site having him higher than 3. Most had BOTH of the other 2 Dukees going ahead of him. If he stays healthy, there's no doubt. He's a phenom. Not sure if even Lebron has the combo of strength and explosion. And Zion can handle the ball, too.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,550

Post#48 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Dat2U wrote:

I shake my head at anyone who doesn't consider this kid a lock for #1.

I am definitely still a skeptic. He's clearly a class above college kids and teenagers. But can he have this type of production/impact on a bad team, against grown men, on a much more grueling schedule?

I don't know who he'll guards, what position he'll play in the NBA. So it's difficult to project him as a surefire franchise talent.

And at only 6'6" :nonono:

I just need more convincing.
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#49 » by zero2hero » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

I am definitely still a skeptic. He's clearly a class above college kids and teenagers. But can he have this type of production/impact on a bad team, against grown men, on a much more grueling schedule?

I don't know who he'll guards, what position he'll play in the NBA. So it's difficult to project him as a surefire franchise talent.

Yes, he's only 6'6.

But he's also the most athletic person in the world right now. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on measurables.

As far as his projected position in the NBA, I can see him playing sort of the Draymond uber-athletic 3/4 and a possible small ball 5 role. The tweener is making a comeback in the NBA.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm

zero2hero wrote:Yes, he's only 6'6.

But he's also the most athletic person in the world right now. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on measurables.

As far as his projected position in the NBA, I can see him playing sort of the Draymond uber-athletic 3/4 and a possible small ball 5 role. The tweener is making a comeback in the NBA.

The Draymond role seems about right. I do wonder if his jumper is consistent enough for the pros, also.

He's clearly very impressive.

But doing it against kids is very different than against grown men. Particularly in the half court on a terrible team.

(In transition, he does look unstoppable.)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#51 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm

zero2hero wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

Yes, he's only 6'6.

He was 6-6 two years ago at age 16. He looks a bit bigger now, probably 6-7. I wouldn't rule out him growing a bit more too.

I think he lacks sufficient height to be a smallball 5, but he can guard 2 through 4 without any problem. I think his natural position is PF, in that he'll probably start games guarding the opposition's PF, but these days positions don't matter much. On offense, there isn't much difference in what the 3, 4 or 5 are expected to do, and on defense, everybody switches so you never finish a possession guarding the guy you started off guarding.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,360

Post#52 » by Kanyewest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Damn, didn't realize he was 6-6, thought he was taller than that. By the way, the only player listed heavier than him in the league at the moment is Nikola Jokic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#53 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Damn, didn't realize he was 6-6, thought he was taller than that. By the way, the only player listed heavier than him in the league at the moment is Nikola Jokic

Boban

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app
Jaekast
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#54 » by Jaekast » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 am

I don't care about his height, I'm more concerned about his knees. If he could get down to 165-170 lbs he's gonna a problem for the league, match up nightmare.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#55 » by Jaekast » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 am

The power of Zion compels you.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,036

Post#56 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 am

Jaekast wrote:The power of Zion compels you.
Tickets $$ for Duke in Maui are ridiculous ...

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Jaekast wrote:The power of Zion compels you.
Tickets $$ for Duke in Maui are ridiculous ...

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Those 3 Duke frosh are so good, it might be worth it to you - especially if the Wiz go in the tank direction.

Gotta admit, I can't get myself to root for the Wiz to lose - as much as I think that's what's best for their future - along with a sell-off of assets for pix.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#58 » by Jaekast » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:56 pm

I like all the hipsters saying they would rather draft so and so before they would draft the God King Zion. I bet you guys hated the movie Forrest Gump. I bet you eat gluten free bread and love to vape. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, when a demi-God decides to come down from the heavens to play basketball with mere mortals.....then somehow you have to try to find a way to draft him.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,017

Post#59 » by Dark Faze » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Zion's scoring isn't gonna be that crazy in the NBA. He's just bulldozing over those underdeveloped bodies in college. What's absolutely #1 worthy to me though is the potential for him to be super Draymond Green. I could see him bringing the ball up like Dray, running with or without the ball in fast breaks, and his passing instincts/skills have been quite strong. Obviously he's shown some defensive potential too. I think he'll be able to give you 18/10/7 at some point in his career if he's strong enough defensively to stay on the court.

Barrett's floor will be a 22 PPG scorer on decent efficiency. Reddish looks like at worse he'll be a high scoring floor spacing roleplayer in the Klay Thompson mold.

Absolutely a time to tank.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#60 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:54 am

Georgetown is fun!

Akinjo is legit
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards