ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards Ready To Discuss John Wall, Bradley Beal Trade

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Re: Wizards Ready To Discuss John Wall, Bradley Beal Trade 

Post#201 » by Illuminaire » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Call me when Ted removes Grunfail from service and turns the team over to someone remotely competent.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#202 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:You trade Wall first. Full stop. And kind of see what the team looks like without him. Beals value today will be Beals value tomorrow. There's no rush to move him.

By the way, it's beyond obvious that the leaks are coming from Austin Rivers right? Like, it's clearly him.

No you fire Ernie first. That's the move before anything.

Also the first player to go should be Markieff.

I'm sure Dark Faze would agree with you there. Ernie should go first.

Markieff is irrelevant because he's an expiring contract without any trade value. Yeah, if you can get anything for him, of course you move him. But you can't get anything for him, so moving him is an afterthought.

I agree with Dark Faze in that, if there is any effort to retool or rebuild the roster, it starts with trading Wall. The team has only 6 trade assets: Wall, Beal, Porter, Oubre, Sato and Brown. Of those guys, the only one who can't be part of a rebuild is Wall (because of his age and contract). So he's the guy you move.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#203 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 pm

but bc of his age and contract, wall may be the hardest to move.

that's why he needs to go now though, his stock as at his highest with his November 3P%. got to move him now before he starts reverting to the mean.
Bullets -> Wizards
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#204 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 pm

queridiculo wrote:A prospect and a lottery pick would have to be the framework of a deal as far as I am concerned.

So like Josh Jackson and a top 4 protected Phx pick? For Beal, that is. Of course there would have to be other filler like Bender and maybe Ariza.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#205 » by TGW » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:A prospect and a lottery pick would have to be the framework of a deal as far as I am concerned.

So like Josh Jackson and a top 4 protected Phx pick? For Beal, that is. Of course there would have to be other filler like Bender and maybe Ariza.

No thanks. Jackson has been terrible and the draft is pretty much a 2 man draft.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#206 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:59 pm

TGW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

No thanks. Jackson has been terrible and the draft is pretty much a 2 man draft.

Yeah, I don't really want to trade our pick anyway. I really like Reddish. Not sure if a Booker/Beal backcourt works anyway, but knew Beal played some PG and averaged close to 7 apg in Feb when Wall was out last year. Booker averaging over 7 per game right now.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#207 » by queridiculo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Definitely no protection if we're talking about Beal, and Josh Jackson isn't really an intriguing prospect.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#208 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Nate, I tried telling you weeks ago...

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:
nate33 wrote:Did you even read my full post that you quoted?

<sigh>

I'll simply repeat something i posted two weeks ago:

Jamaaliver wrote:I see a bad situation -- and the clear-cut, most direct way out of it is also the most painful and least popular.

Moving Wall is the most ideal scenario...but is unlikely to bring a great return.
Moving Otto is the most likely scenario...but is unlikely to bring a great return.

Moving Beal is the most pragmatic approach...and could revamp your entire roster. I'd look to Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Minnesota as young teams desperate for relevance and willing to overpay for a star in trade.

RealGM Wiretap wrote:John Wall Has Very Few Teams Interested In Trading For Him

Bradley Beal has considerably more trade value for the Washington Wizards than John Wall.
"I think the Bradley Beal situation we'll monitor," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "There's very few teams who wouldn't be interested in Bradley Beal. The contract. The player. The age. 25 years old. His skill set. Shooting threes. I know Washington has fielded a lot of calls since last week.

"John Wall is a very different situation," said Wojnarowski. "You can count on one hand, and probably with just a couple of fingers places that really might have interest in taking his contract on and what it all means to bring him in.
"I would never say there's no market for John Wall, but I think Bradley Beal has a much broader market. But if Washington was going to do something, they would have to get every last asset they could for Bradley Beal."Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN
Wiretap
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#209 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Nate, I tried telling you weeks ago...

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:
nate33 wrote:Did you even read my full post that you quoted?

<sigh>

I'll simply repeat something i posted two weeks ago:

Jamaaliver wrote:I see a bad situation -- and the clear-cut, most direct way out of it is also the most painful and least popular.

Moving Wall is the most ideal scenario...but is unlikely to bring a great return.
Moving Otto is the most likely scenario...but is unlikely to bring a great return.

Moving Beal is the most pragmatic approach...and could revamp your entire roster. I'd look to Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Minnesota as young teams desperate for relevance and willing to overpay for a star in trade.

RealGM Wiretap wrote:John Wall Has Very Few Teams Interested In Trading For Him

Bradley Beal has considerably more trade value for the Washington Wizards than John Wall.
"I think the Bradley Beal situation we'll monitor," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "There's very few teams who wouldn't be interested in Bradley Beal. The contract. The player. The age. 25 years old. His skill set. Shooting threes. I know Washington has fielded a lot of calls since last week.

"John Wall is a very different situation," said Wojnarowski. "You can count on one hand, and probably with just a couple of fingers places that really might have interest in taking his contract on and what it all means to bring him in.
"I would never say there's no market for John Wall, but I think Bradley Beal has a much broader market. But if Washington was going to do something, they would have to get every last asset they could for Bradley Beal."Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN
Wiretap

You are tedious.

You didn't tell me anything I didn't know. Of course Beal has a greater trade value than Wall. Nobody believed otherwise. That doesn't mean he should be the guy the Wizards trade. Trading Beal accomplishes nothing unless it's part of blowing the whole thing up. Either way, Wall should be the guy that is traded first.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#210 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:00 pm

nate33 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Nate, I tried telling you weeks ago...

You are tedious.

You didn't tell me anything I didn't know.

:o

Nothing you didn't know, huh?

nate33 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Beal is likely to leave the dysfunction on this team as soon as he can. I expect a trade request either next summer or the summer after. Once that happens, as the time under contract continues to shorten...his value will gradually decrease.
Nov 1st

This is utter nonsense - pure conjecture based on wishful thinking on your part.

I've seen no indication whatsoever that Beal wishes to force himself out of Washington.
Nov 1st

Read on Twitter
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#211 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

That has nothing to do with your last post. Your last post quote Woj saying that Beal has more value than Wall. No **** Sherlock!

How many times are you going to repost that J.Michael tweet? What exactly are you expecting me to say? I've already said that EVERY free agent is going to prefer someplace other than Washington unless Washington can offer more money because Washington is a horribly managed franchise. Beal is no different. But that doesn't mean we should immediately get rid of every good player as our permanent strategy. The solution is to get better management and give these players a reason to stay.

Is this Groundhog Day? Are we going to have the same freaking conversation a hundred times because you need to prove that you were right and I was wrong?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#212 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Then why was there so much push back weeks ago when I mentioned that Beal was likely to want out of here?

When I told you that yes, Wall was the ideal trade piece, but was unlikely to bring a huge return because of his reputation and huge contract?

Why repeatedly go out of your way to demean every comment, observation and suggestion of mine?

Because I'm a Hawk fan?

Because I once gauged trade value for Beal?

Are those reasons enough to repeatedly and completely undermine any perspective i might offer?

Spoiler:
nate33 wrote:What exactly are you expecting me to say?

I'd love for you to acknowledge that another person, with another perspective from another fanbase actually has some relevant and credible perspective. Instead of attacking and demeaning me repeatedly...because I once proposed a trade.

Or are my posts simply utter nonsense to be ignored?
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#213 » by Doug_Blew » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Or are my posts simply utter nonsense to be ignored?

You're posts aren't nonsense. I'm just not sure why you're obsessed with proving Nate was wrong about Wall. Nate's been saying for sometime that you cant do a rebuild without trading Wall. And we're aware that he will be hard to trade with his upcoming contract.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#214 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'd love for you to acknowledge that another person, with another perspective from another fanbase actually has some relevant and credible perspective. Instead of attacking and demeaning me repeatedly...because I once proposed a trade.

I do that all the time. I respond to nearly every trade proposal on this or the trade thread. My response to your Beal trade proposal was a no. We don't need to trade Beal. But you keep posting (a heck of a lot more often than once) every single news article or tweet by any media figure who says that the Wizards need to trade Beal or that Beal wishes to leave. I get it. You want the Wizards to trade Beal. I don't. I've explained my reasons why. If you keep bringing it up, you will get less rational debate and more ridicule, because apparently rational debate isn't getting through to you.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#215 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
Doug_Blew wrote: I'm just not sure why you're obsessed with proving Nate was wrong about Wall.

It's just frustrating for a poster -- a moderator at that -- to dismiss my contribution as utter nonsense. And then weeks later, when those contributions prove to have some legitimacy, turn around and state -- yeah, we already knew that.

But, you make a good point, Doug. I'll move on...for now.

Read on Twitter

the break-up-the-Wizards narrative is full blown. And deservedly so. Washington is a perennial underachiever. The Wizards talk a good game, and then rarely back it up.

Wall wears the biggest target—he’s the franchise player, and beginning next season Wall will average around $40 million per year over the next four seasons. And he hasn’t been great. Wall’s shooting percentage is in the mid-40’s, his three-point percentage in the low 30’s and there are times he looks like he’s sleepwalking through plays. His shot selection is suspect, his defense has been worse and his leadership widely questioned.

But is John Wall really Washington’s biggest problem?

Is it Markieff Morris, whose field goal percentage (43%) and three-point percentage (34%) have fallen from last season?

Is it Otto Porter, the $26 million per year man, who is chipping in just 11 points per game?

Is it Austin Rivers, whose numbers have cratered across the board? Is it Dwight Howard, the ballyhooed offseason signing whose injuries have limited him to nine games this season? Is it Ian Mahinmi, whose four-year, $64 million contract ranks among the worst signed in the infamous summer of 2016?

My point: This isn’t just a John Wall problem.

Besides, does anyone really believe Washington can get anything of value for Wall right now? He’s a 28-year-old point guard with a history of knee problems whose contract will gobble up a third of any team’s cap space.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#216 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:54 pm

nate33 wrote: If you keep bringing it up, you will get less rational debate and more ridicule...

Hmmm...
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#217 » by queridiculo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Ignored him a long time ago, he's unbearable in this thread.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#218 » by DCintheD » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:45 pm

would you guys do Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, and Langston Galloway for Wall and Rivers? Thats a ton of salary expiring the summer of 2020
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#219 » by 80sballboy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#220 » by pcbothwel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:11 pm

DCintheD wrote:would you guys do Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, and Langston Galloway for Wall and Rivers? Thats a ton of salary expiring the summer of 2020

Not bad, but I'd pass. Doesnt help out our cap situation this year or next while making us worse. This same trade would be available next summer.
Unless we are getting assets or cutting salary for this or next year... no trade of our 3 max players makes sense right now.

I think a number of teams while be left standing in the FA musical chairs this summer and be left with B/C level players asking for big money on short deals. See Ariza, KCP, Tyreke, Avery Bradley from last summer...
I think with those options available, Wall looks like a MUCH better asset than currently perceived.

Those 4 mentioned along with Kanter, Wes Matthews, DeAndre, Rubio, Lin, Redick, and Aminu arent getting any team excited.

I foresee Kyrie, Kawhi, and Klay all staying... KD and Butler are little more unsure.
But then once they sign I foresee a MONSTER contract for Tobias and near monster for Mirotic.

Once Mirotic gets a 4/100M deal... Wall at 40M wont look as daunting.

Return to Washington Wizards