RealGM
And1: 1,233

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIV 

Post#1462 » by stilldropin20 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 am

TGW wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Not only may it not be made public, but it's not going to be ANYWHERE close to the bombshell the Democrats and CNN/MSNBC thinks it's going to be. You guys are to be very, very disappointed.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/19/mueller-investigation-findings-914754

Mueller report PSA: Prepare for disappointment

President Donald Trump's critics have spent the past 17 months anticipating what some expect will be among the most thrilling events of their lives: special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on Russian 2016 election interference.

They may be in for a disappointment.

That’s the word POLITICO got from defense lawyers working on the Russia probe and more than 15 former government officials with investigation experience spanning Watergate to the 2016 election case. The public, they say, shouldn’t expect a comprehensive and presidency-wrecking account of Kremlin meddling and alleged obstruction of justice by Trump — not to mention an explanation of the myriad subplots that have bedeviled lawmakers, journalists and amateur Mueller sleuths.

Perhaps most unsatisfying: Mueller’s findings may never even see the light of day.

From ex-CIA chief Michael Morrell:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/11/the-full-transcript-michael-morell-216061

Morell: So, let’s talk about what I think the possibilities are, going forward. So, I would not be surprised if Bob Mueller concludes that the Trump campaign did not violate the law with regard to its interactions with the Russians. I’m really open to that possibility. Why? [u]Because, as you know, The New York Times, The Washington Post, every media outlet that is worth its salt has reporters digging into this, and they haven’t found anything.[/u]

And I think that, had there been something there, they would have found something. And I think Bob Mueller would have found it already and it would have leaked.
So, I’m really open to the possibility that there’s no there there on a crime being committed by the campaign and the Russians. Right? That interaction leading to criminal charges.

Yikes. That has to hurt for anyone who believes in Russiagate. A CIA boss just let the cat out of the bag.

What a political failure if this is what comes of the Mueller investigation. But I called this months ago...Democrats and their zombie followers put faith in a freakin' lifelong scumbag Republican (Mueller) who was hated by the left until he was picked to investigate Trump...then all of a sudden he became the Democrats savior. What a farce.

so there's no there there??? and you called it months ago? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh how lucky you are all are to have your humble and unpaid servant SD20 serving you up the straight dope on this since january 2017.

SD20 been right on everything so far. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

So are ya ready for a spoiler alert? well...are ya? ok some of you may not want to know th efuture just yet so i will put it further down the page. Dont look down this page in this post if you dont want to know the future.

vvvvv- Spoiler down below -v-v-v-v

cover your eyes if you dont like to know the future.

spoiler coming soon

spoiler to immediately follows (dont click it if you dont want to see the future told before you).

Spoiler:
In the years 2019 and 2020 Donald trump will build most of the proposed barrier on the border. It will be approximately 23 feet high and made of steel. You can see through it. Drones, humans and sensors will be adjunct security to the barrier itself. And in the end he will still call it a wall.

This wall will be successful in that it will curtail illegal immigration by at least 55% and curtail drug by 50%. Both of which will be major wins for the american people.

The wall will has already been been in progress. Over 200 miles has been (re) built in border towns and it is working in those regions.

To facilitate the appropriations Trump will first resort to declaring a national security emergency on the border at first. Eventually, dems will then cave because they want to rewrite immigration reform and get sensors and security at our ports of entry (which is actually more important to stop the drugs).

The shutdown will end in less than 10 days.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1463 » by stilldropin20 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 am

TGW wrote:Aww did I hurt your feelings gtn? I posted what a CIA boss said on your Russian conspiracy theory and that triggered you like a little bitch.

You're a loser with a sore butthole who's only contributions to this thread is one-line statements calling people morons and regurgitating DNC talking points like a cotdamn parrot. You offer nothing of substance, and in real life you're definitely a pussy who wouldn't say half the things you say online in person.

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1464 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1465 » by montestewart » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Wiz fans, try to disagree without calling each other names. Out country may be tanking, but that just means we'll get more ping pong balls, right?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,688

Post#1466 » by Pointgod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm

So if Russiagate is a supposed hoax how do you explain the Russians working to throw the election towards Trump (there is indisputable facts here) and Trump who is completely innocent and wasn’t colluding lied about meeting with Russia and obstructed justice by telling his lawyer to lie about something that he’s completely innocent of. Also another lawyer of Trump, after years of saying no collusion, admitted on live tv that he never said there wasn’t any collusion. Once you explain how that makes sense then I’ll be convinced Russsiagate is a hoax.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1467 » by Pointgod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 pm

montestewart wrote:Wiz fans, try to disagree without calling each other names. Out country may be tanking, but that just means we'll get more ping pong balls, right?

Well I’m not a Wiz fan so I can continue to name call right?
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1468 » by stilldropin20 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Pointgod wrote:So if Russiagate is a supposed hoax how do you explain the Russians working to throw the election towards Trump (there is indisputable facts here) and Trump who is completely innocent and wasn’t colluding lied about meeting with Russia and obstructed justice by telling his lawyer to lie about something that he’s completely innocent of. Also another lawyer of Trump, after years of saying no collusion, admitted on live tv that he never said there wasn’t any collusion. Once you explain how that makes sense then I’ll be convinced Russsiagate is a hoax.

so lemme get this right...you actually believe that our FBI, CIA, Secret Service, Pentagon, and the other 4 members of the 5 eyes would actually allow a manchurian candidate to be president and nothing official would leak about it?

Seriously bro? You believe that and still feel the rest of us should take your opinions seriously? and by "you" I do mean all 8 liberals in this thread that really do believe this crap. You guys believe in the Santa Claus too? The easter bunny?

I mean i still cant believe that all 8 of you regularly dine on this crap like a camel gnawing on a piece of straw...just gnawing on it all day long on the long walk through the desert on the way to nowhere but the next watering hole. Sad.

methinks its time for you guys to start questioning your sources. CNN and MSNBC literally talked about collusion 24/7, 7 days per week for 1 straight year. So maybe they are not a reliable sources?? Just maybe??
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1469 » by Pointgod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm

I don’t respond to dumbasses but can someone explain to me why you’d lie about something that you were innocent of?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,628

Post#1470 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:05 pm

gtn130 wrote:Trump was just caught doing the exact thing Nixon did that got him impeached and TGW is calling Russiagate a hoax. What a moron

It's pretty amazing. Going with an opinion that says the Mueller investigation will be disappointing because reporters haven't found anything, posted directly after an article from reporters citing documentary evidence that Trump suborned perjury. I get that our brains don't handle new info well when it contradicts our most closely held beliefs, but that's still pretty bizarre.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1471 » by gtn130 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
gtn130 wrote:Trump was just caught doing the exact thing Nixon did that got him impeached and TGW is calling Russiagate a hoax. What a moron

It's pretty amazing. Going with an opinion that says the Mueller investigation will be disappointing because reporters haven't found anything, posted directly after an article from reporters citing documentary evidence that Trump suborned perjury. I get that our brains don't handle new info well when it contradicts our most closely held beliefs, but that's still pretty bizarre.

Right? Some people are totally incapable of admitting when they're wrong and adjusting accordingly.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1472 » by Pointgod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:

To be fair your brain wouldn’t work properly either if you were fed a steady diet of Glenn Greenwald. You probably come away being a lot less informed.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1473 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Pointgod wrote:I don’t respond to dumbasses but can someone explain to me why you’d lie about something that you were innocent of?

Been asking the same question for months and still haven't gotten an answer...
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#1474 » by popper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:41 pm

If Mueller can prove that Trump directed his lawyer to lie under oath to congress then I think he should get that information to the Justice Dept. right away. That certainly fits the "high crimes and misdemeanor" threshold for impeachment. For the good of the country the whole process should be expedited, and if we're lucky maybe Trump would agree to resign (in return for a grant of immunity of some sort). Putting the country through a year long impeachment process would be painful and should be avoided unless there is no other alternative. Of course R's would have to convince Trump that there is no way he will be allowed to finish his term in office.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#1475 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:10 pm

day 28 of shutdown. 4 weeks. 7.7% of a year.
Bullets -> Wizards
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1476 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Pointgod wrote:I don’t respond to dumbasses but can someone explain to me why you’d lie about something that you were innocent of?

A hundred and one times (that we know about), they lied.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1477 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:18 pm

popper wrote:If Mueller can prove that Trump directed his lawyer to lie under oath to congress then I think he should get that information to the Justice Dept. right away. That certainly fits the "high crimes and misdemeanor" threshold for impeachment. For the good of the country the whole process should be expedited, and if we're lucky maybe Trump would agree to resign (in return for a grant of immunity of some sort). Putting the country through a year long impeachment process would be painful and should be avoided unless there is no other alternative. Of course R's would have to convince Trump that there is no way he will be allowed to finish his term in office.

Except the DoJ has zero to do with impeachment. I think Nadler and Schiff need to expedite things
a bit though. No way should Trump get immunity. He's a traitor as well as a felonious criminal.
If the Senate pubs can't find their way clear to that conclusion, hopefully enough voters will remedy that.
Was it Rubio or Jeb or Little Miss Lindsey that said DJT would destroy the Republican party?

popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#1478 » by popper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm

dobrojim wrote:
popper wrote:If Mueller can prove that Trump directed his lawyer to lie under oath to congress then I think he should get that information to the Justice Dept. right away. That certainly fits the "high crimes and misdemeanor" threshold for impeachment. For the good of the country the whole process should be expedited, and if we're lucky maybe Trump would agree to resign (in return for a grant of immunity of some sort). Putting the country through a year long impeachment process would be painful and should be avoided unless there is no other alternative. Of course R's would have to convince Trump that there is no way he will be allowed to finish his term in office.

Except the DoJ has zero to do with impeachment. I think Nadler and Schiff need to expedite things
a bit though. No way should Trump get immunity. He's a traitor as well as a felonious criminal.
If the Senate pubs can't find their way clear to that conclusion, hopefully enough voters will remedy that.
Was it Rubio or Jeb or Little Miss Lindsey that said DJT would destroy the Republican party?

Mueller can’t refer potential charges or evidence directly to congress therefore it must go through DOJ before it can be used in an impeachment proceeding (at least that’s my understanding). Having Trump continue as head of govt during a year long impeachment could be a very risky proposition and expose the country to unnecessary risks (wag the dog, etc.). Better IMO to get him out as soon as possible even if some form of immunity is required.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1479 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Oh I agree, the sooner he's gone, the better off our country will be. That said I have
grave concerns over what Barr will do when confirmed and therefore DoJ could be
knee-capped. But no way he should escape Due Process for his criminal acts.
Impeach, then prosecute if that is the necessary path. But I'm also of the view
that a sitting President can be indicted, particularly when the crimes they are
being indicted for bear directly on how they were elected. I don't think reasonable
justice can conclude that is okay to cheat like a mother-father (in treasonous ways)
to get elected, and then be immune from any culpability for those crimes if you succeed.

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#1480 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm

popper wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Mueller can’t refer potential charges or evidence directly to congress therefore it must go through DOJ before it can be used in an impeachment proceeding (at least that’s my understanding). Having Trump continue as head of govt during a year long impeachment could be a very risky proposition and expose the country to unnecessary risks (wag the dog, etc.). Better IMO to get him out as soon as possible even if some form of immunity is required.

Well that's an interesting point. Even if we know for sure there's no way in hell the Senate will vote to actually remove him from office, the process itself will be long and painful, particularly since my sense is there is a lot of crimes to discuss. So maybe Dems should take a page from Trump's playbook and threaten to set the country on fire.

And if Trump refuses to resign there might actually be enough Republicans with the courage to vote him out, and more and more over time as more stuff comes oozing out.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.

Return to Washington Wizards