ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVII 

Post#1961 » by trast66 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:08 pm

Russ trade value is negative, Brad is still the be belle at the ball. No star is coming here to join Brad, the organization does not have that level of respect, we don’t even have a GM. Brad is being traded by the deadline, only question is if we use him to dump Wall or get back “assets”.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#1962 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Post#1963 » by WallStar » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:51 pm

nate33 wrote:A really intriguing trade I'd like to see now would be Golden State sending D'Angelo Russell somewhere for a couple of good forwards.

Something like Russell to OKC for Gallinari and Jerami Grant would make sense for both teams, particularly if OKC trades Westbrook for cap relief.

I really want to see Golden State bring back the pre-Durant team: Curry, Klay and Draymond surrounded by good 3&D players. Gallinari would play the Harrison Barnes role as a nominal SF who slides over to PF when Draymond plays center. Grant replaces Iguadola (albeit without the ball handling). Looney is the starting center.

I don't think Russell can be traded until December.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#1964 » by nate33 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:57 pm

WallStar wrote:
nate33 wrote:A really intriguing trade I'd like to see now would be Golden State sending D'Angelo Russell somewhere for a couple of good forwards.

Something like Russell to OKC for Gallinari and Jerami Grant would make sense for both teams, particularly if OKC trades Westbrook for cap relief.

I really want to see Golden State bring back the pre-Durant team: Curry, Klay and Draymond surrounded by good 3&D players. Gallinari would play the Harrison Barnes role as a nominal SF who slides over to PF when Draymond plays center. Grant replaces Iguadola (albeit without the ball handling). Looney is the starting center.

I don't think Russell can be traded until December.

Yes. I know. I wasn't implying that the trade should happen now.

Indeed, one of the beauties of the idea is that it allows the Warriors to ride Russell and play him heavy minutes early in the season to take the wear and tear off of Curry. But then make the trade at the Trade Deadline just as Klay comes back and fills the void left at guard.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1965 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:33 pm

I would do Wal for Russ if it was a flat trade, player for player no picks or what ever

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#1966 » by gravytrain24 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:08 am

gambitx777 wrote:I would do Wal for Russ if it was a flat trade, player for player no picks or what ever

I would do it as well. Westbrook with shooters could be dangerous and although he’s not a knockdown shooter, he’s a bit better than Wall. Also he’d feast on East guards with Beal opposite him.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#1967 » by nate33 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:12 am

gambitx777 wrote:I would do Wal for Russ if it was a flat trade, player for player no picks or what ever

Sure. But why would OKC?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1968 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:51 am

Maybe a hey we all need a change type deal ??? Idk doubt full , the team still seem committed to wall for what ever the **** reason.
nate33 wrote:

Sure. But why would OKC?

SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 896

Post#1969 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:44 pm

Thunder Wire
Possible Thunder target Bradley Beal confirms Wizards won’t trade him

But it turns out Beal doesn't have any interest in playing for the Thunder at this juncture. Well, it's not just the Thunder. Beal isn't looking to play for anyone but the team he's spent his entire NBA career with.

It turns out, the Wizards aren't looking to trade him either, based on Beal's comments to reporters after he received the NBA Cares Community Assist Award at the 2019 NBA Awards show in California, per Ben Golliver of The Washington Post.

They've been very transparent, and that's been great. They're not keeping me in the dark about anything, even about the trade rumors. . . . It's great having that peace of mind.

That works out for Beal because he's not looking to go anywhere else just yet.

I still have two years left. We just drafted Rui [Hachimura], and I want to see what we do in free agency before I make the ultimate decision. I haven't even been offered it officially. Until that happens, I'll wait and think about it. I'll have an ample amount of time to process everything and make a decision when the time is right.

He continued:

I'd be naïve to say I wouldn't be [interested in extension talks]. Washington is where I've been the last seven years, going on eight. It would be great to play in one place forever. But at the same time, you want to win and make sure you're in a position to do so. I'm definitely going to evaluate who we hire as the GM and who we pick up on the team. All that plays a factor.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith

Return to Washington Wizards