Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#381 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 5, 2019 2:18 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:So far so good. They're off to a great start at 9-0.

This is definitely a good defensive group.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, Wiggins and Morsell are as athletic and good defensively as any pair of wings in the country - even if they use Morsell as a PF. And Stix is looking good as the shot-blocker. The freshman all look like talented defenders. And the defense could tick up even more when they activate the 7 footer - Marial. Really, they need the team 3 point shooting to improve. Cowan is the only player hitting more than a third of his 3's. We know from last season that Wiggins and Ayala can shoot em much better than they have.

In late October it was reported Marial would have surgery early September, require 3-4 months to heal, and that a mid-season return to the team would depend on the impact towards his long term health. I’m not seeing an update on how he’s doing. Anyone seen anything regarding his return?

The ESPN guys talked a bit about him - saying that he's progressing and will be ready at some point this season, but I didn't hear anything specific.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#382 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Dec 5, 2019 2:56 pm

https://www.testudotimes.com/2019/11/28/20986700/maryland-mens-basketball-chol-marial-injury-update-surgery-rehabilitation-maryland-minute

Just found this:

From The Maryland Minute 11/28 Lila Bromberg

...about a month away from being able to return to the court, Turgeon said.

Marial progressed to running up and down the court without contact, participating in shooting drills and played a one-on-one against Will Clark Tuesday.

“The X-rays show that it’s healing. He’s in less pain. So we’re just progressing,” Turgeon said. “He had a pretty good workout yesterday, felt good today. So it’s probably going to be a month progress, you know, as we just try to get better. Hopefully we have no setbacks, that’s really going to be the key, to try to get a little bit better every day.”
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#383 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 5, 2019 3:25 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:https://www.testudotimes.com/2019/11/28/20986700/maryland-mens-basketball-chol-marial-injury-update-surgery-rehabilitation-maryland-minute

Just found this:

From The Maryland Minute 11/28 Lila Bromberg

...about a month away from being able to return to the court, Turgeon said.

Marial progressed to running up and down the court without contact, participating in shooting drills and played a one-on-one against Will Clark Tuesday.

“The X-rays show that it’s healing. He’s in less pain. So we’re just progressing,” Turgeon said. “He had a pretty good workout yesterday, felt good today. So it’s probably going to be a month progress, you know, as we just try to get better. Hopefully we have no setbacks, that’s really going to be the key, to try to get a little bit better every day.”

If he can play just 10 energetic minutes a game, that might be all the team needs from him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#384 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Dec 5, 2019 11:41 pm

https://youtu.be/KNZadqZJSZA

10 minutes of boards and blocks and altered shots
Yeah I think that would be significant
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#385 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:50 am

BearlyBallin wrote:https://youtu.be/KNZadqZJSZA

10 minutes of boards and blocks and altered shots
Yeah I think that would be significant

:o

:nod:
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#386 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:52 am

This guy at C and Sticks at PF, with Wiggins at C

is an OMG!!!

Best Terps team ever, potentially.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#387 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This guy at C and Sticks at PF, with Wiggins at C

is an OMG!!!

Best Terps team ever, potentially.

Defensively at least - adding in Morsell. And that freshman Donta Scott might end up being the toughest defender on the team. Not to mention the Mitchell twins look like tag-team pro wrestlers.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#388 » by 80sballboy » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:30 am

I heard Marial is legit on both ends. That's if he can get on the court. Sticks could have issues tomorrow against Illinois against their size. If they keep going with him at center, he's still weak in the lower body. Defensively, this is no doubt the best of any Turge team. Imagine if they can start making threes. They are shooting very poorly from three-point range right now. No reason why Wiggins, Cowan and Ayala shouldn't be close to 40%. The rest of the guys shouldn't be jacking that many long bombs.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#389 » by prime1time » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:40 am

It's exciting to think about the possibilities with Marial, but I'll be surprised if he gets a ton of minutes. Also, he's super raw. More realistic to expect him to play more his sophomore year. He hasn't really played a lot since his 2nd year of high school. I expect his minutes to be monitored significantly.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#390 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Dec 7, 2019 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Fight week Round 2

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#391 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Dec 8, 2019 12:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Terps win after trailing by as much as 15 in the second half. Wow nice come back. Cowan’s small in the first half got big in the second half. Especially the last minutes.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#392 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 8, 2019 12:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#393 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Dec 8, 2019 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I like 10-0, been a long time since the Terps were here. Juan Dixon years maybe?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:20 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Terps win after trailing by as much as 15 in the second half. Wow nice come back. Cowan’s small in the first half got big in the second half. Especially the last minutes.

I couldn't believe they won - I stopped watching before the first half ended. Man, their shooting was awful. Gotta give Cowan credit for coming up big at the end - that 30 footer was beautiful. Every game seems to follow the same formula - they dig a big hole early because they can't shoot to save their lives. Then, their defense takes over, and the Terps get their running game going and start making some shots. At some point, that formula's not gonna work, so they better improve their 3 point shooting.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#395 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I couldn't believe they won - I stopped watching before the first half ended. Man, their shooting was awful. Gotta give Cowan credit for coming up big at the end - that 30 footer was beautiful. Every game seems to follow the same formula - they dig a big hole early because they can't shoot to save their lives. Then, their defense takes over, and the Terps get their running game going and start making some shots. At some point, that formula's not gonna work, so they better improve their 3 point shooting.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I was close to turning the tv off and feeding my face a few times to be honest but I’m glad I kept it on to see that finish.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#396 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:21 am

Maryland in the second half, cutting into that 10 point halftime deficit. Penn St lead down to 5 now.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
RealGM

Post#397 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 am

The Terrapins have the opposite problem of the Wizards. They are solid on defense and putrid on offense.
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#398 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Terrapins have the opposite problem of the Wizards. They are solid on defense and putrid on offense.

The problem is that they don’t run an offense. One guy dribbles. The others stand around.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#399 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:47 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Terrapins have the opposite problem of the Wizards. They are solid on defense and putrid on offense.

The problem is that they don’t run an offense. One guy dribbles. The others stand around.

Turgeon has been such a bad half court offense coach since he's been at MD. At least this season, he's tried to push the tempo, but when they can't run, they're in big trouble. And every single game - they start off so poorly offensively - even for them - that's gotta change.
RealGM

Post#400 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:37 am

This Terrapins team is so sorry on offense that I think they might not even be a top-25 team before all is said and done.

They're terrible.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards