ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles

Moderators: montestewart, nate33, LyricalRico

User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 10,894
And1: 3,798
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#241 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
dlts20
General Manager
Posts: 9,933
And1: 2,941
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#242 » by dlts20 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Im telling you... I have a real good feeling about this back half of Walls career.
He looks really lean and seems to have a different outlook since his child and the true emergence of Beal.

I agree. Our franchise comes down to Wall. Everyone thinks that he is done. Sometimes time iff and watching can make you a better player. If he comes back great then we could be at least respectable again
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 20,683
And1: 2,566
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#243 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Jeez, flashbacks of Gilbert’s training comeback, please take it slow John.
Tank 19/20, trade Brad, Top-5 pick in 2020.
daswunderboy
Veteran
Posts: 2,521
And1: 1,536
Joined: May 28, 2007
     

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#244 » by daswunderboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm

closg00 wrote:Jeez, flashbacks of Gilbert’s training comeback, please take it slow John.


Right, I think Oden also rushed his comeback and ended up messing up his other knees. Guys need to take a longer view, don't rush back (although Wall may be doing his rehab properly, it's nearly 6 months from his injury and he is going to just start light jogging...so maybe he's OK.)

Really hope he comes back strong, kind of hate how he's a punchline now, he is a good player and is young enough that he can come back strong i hope.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 16,961
And1: 2,871
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#245 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Glad to see John looks good. Don't rush to come back. This team is going nowhere and they need (Ted wants for insurance reasons) you to sit out this year to get another top 10 pick.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 10,894
And1: 3,798
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#246 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 am

80sballboy wrote:Glad to see John looks good. Don't rush to come back. This team is going nowhere and they need (Ted wants for insurance reasons) you to sit out this year to get another top 10 pick.
daswunderboy wrote:
closg00 wrote:Jeez, flashbacks of Gilbert’s training comeback, please take it slow John.


Right, I think Oden also rushed his comeback and ended up messing up his other knees. Guys need to take a longer view, don't rush back (although Wall may be doing his rehab properly, it's nearly 6 months from his injury and he is going to just start light jogging...so maybe he's OK.)

Really hope he comes back strong, kind of hate how he's a punchline now, he is a good player and is young enough that he can come back strong i hope.


It's about to be 6 months since surgery in a few weeks...

He is listed out for 12 months so, late January-early February is when he'll be cleared. But the word is he isn't playing until post-All Star Break.

I doubt he misses all 82 games.
Image
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 54,329
And1: 8,508
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#247 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm very impressed that he has kept his weight down. It's got to be real hard to stay lean (in fact, get leaner) when one is no longer burning several thousand calories a day playing basketball.

He has clearly been very disciplined with his diet.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 10,894
And1: 3,798
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#248 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 16,961
And1: 2,871
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#249 » by 80sballboy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:27 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Right, in other words, we need him to stay out the entire year so I can collect that $30M from the insurance company. :D
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 54,329
And1: 8,508
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#250 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm

80sballboy wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Right, in other words, we need him to stay out the entire year so I can collect that $30M from the insurance company. :D

That's fine with me, as long as Ted is willing to spend some of that $30M to go into the luxtax if it gets us good assets.

Maybe we can buy a late 1st with our Markieff TPE by absorbing someone's bad contract. It's a win-win. Wall gets more time to heal and we add a pick.
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,408
And1: 4,454
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#251 » by JWizmentality » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Dang, he's looking like rookie John Wall. Glad he got rid of whatever that thing was he was growing on his head. Pulling for you John!! Come back better than ever!
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 21,385
And1: 4,713
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#252 » by Dat2U » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

nate33 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Right, in other words, we need him to stay out the entire year so I can collect that $30M from the insurance company. :D

That's fine with me, as long as Ted is willing to spend some of that $30M to go into the luxtax if it gets us good assets.

Maybe we can buy a late 1st with our Markieff TPE by absorbing someone's bad contract. It's a win-win. Wall gets more time to heal and we add a pick.


I don't Ted can force a player to miss the year and by most accounts, an achillies is a 9-12 month injury with 12 months being on the long end. 12 months for Wall would be February. In theory he could be ready before the end of 2019 but being cautious is absolutely warranted.

Unless there's a major setback, Wall should play at some point next season.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,276
And1: 5,405
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#253 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Besides, we'll need Wall for the playoffs.

:rofl2:
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 11,561
And1: 5,352
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
Contact:
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#254 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Ruzious wrote:Besides, we'll need Wall for the playoffs.

:rofl2:



Don't laugh...... :D
McCabe explains that Trump believed Putin over US intel about NK missiles: "Intel officials [told Trump his position] was not consistent with any of the intel our govt possesses. To which POTUS replied, 'I don't care. I believe Putin.'"
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,408
And1: 4,454
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#255 » by JWizmentality » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Ruzious wrote:Besides, we'll need Wall for the playoffs.

:rofl2:


I hate you. :cry:
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 10,894
And1: 3,798
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#256 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:37 pm

Image
User avatar
gambitx777
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,118
And1: 413
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#257 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:46 pm

I have heard that his kid really changed his out look on life and the injury only pushed that further. Dude looks hella lean and with that injury that means he's tightened up his nutrition. Which is huge for an aging player. I wonder if he's stopped all the drinking and clubbing he use to do
pcbothwel wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Im telling you... I have a real good feeling about this back half of Walls career.
He looks really lean and seems to have a different outlook since his child and the true emergence of Beal.


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 10,894
And1: 3,798
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#258 » by FAH1223 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 20,683
And1: 2,566
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#259 » by closg00 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:52 pm

The Wizards have learned the hard way from the Gilbert Arenas rehab fiasco, sit out the entire season John.
Tank 19/20, trade Brad, Top-5 pick in 2020.
User avatar
pancakes3
General Manager
Posts: 7,775
And1: 1,118
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#260 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:23 pm

shoot jumpers
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards