dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,997

Re: GT #43: Bucks @ Zards 7 PM 

Post#81 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
DCZards wrote:
I was one of those who said Sato was not a starting caliber PG. I thought his play on the offensive end was too passive and that he wasn't good enough at creating shots for himself and his teammates. As a result, it was forcing Beal to carry too much of an offensive/playmaking load.

I'll give Sato props though...he appears to be getting better on offense. (He's always been a great defender and high bball IQ guy).

Last night against the Bucks, Sato was as aggressive on offense as I've ever seen him, starting from the first quarter of the game. If he plays like that consistently, I can (and will) change my mind about him being a starting quality PG.

First, I really like Sato. But I am still with you - I don't think he is a starting PG unless you have a SG AND a SF or PF that can initiate the offense. Then he would be fine.

But I agree with you that Sato seems to be getting much more aggressive on offense and he teammates don't play keep away from him now. Maybe he develops into that PG.

For now I think there are more teams than he can start on on some good teams an some teams that have had injuries. I think Sato could start on these teams over these players who have started in the past few days. I am counting at least 20 and I suppose you could have a debate over guys like Danny Green/Darren Collison/DJ Augustine.

Hawks- Bembry
76ers- Wilson Chandler (not at his positions)
Knicks - Mudiay
Nets- Treveon Graham
Bulls- Chad Hutchinson
Jazz- Royce O'Neale
Pistons- Bruce Brown
Clippers- Avery Bradley
Grizzlies- Garret Temple
Heat - McGruder
Celtics- Marcus Smart
Thunder- Terrance Furguson
Pelicans- Elfrid Payton (or Etwan Moore)
Timberwolves- Josh Okokie
Nuggets- Torrey Craig
Suns- De'Anthony Melton
Kings- Iman Shumpert
Pacers- Darren Collison
Cavs- Rodney Hood
Rockets- Austin Rivers
Mavericks- Wes Matthews
Lakers- Lonzo Ball
Trail Blazers- Jake Layman

Well, when you put it that way... :D

Guess I wasn't off by just a little bit... there are some players you cite that he just couldn't replace (PF, e.g. Chandler). And others where the players are young and improver (e.g. Ball). And I think the question was starting at PG. Still - compelling argument.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,351

Re: GT #43: Bucks @ Zards 7 PM 

Post#82 » by Kanyewest » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:07 am

dckingsfan wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:First, I really like Sato. But I am still with you - I don't think he is a starting PG unless you have a SG AND a SF or PF that can initiate the offense. Then he would be fine.

But I agree with you that Sato seems to be getting much more aggressive on offense and he teammates don't play keep away from him now. Maybe he develops into that PG.

For now I think there are more teams than he can start on on some good teams an some teams that have had injuries. I think Sato could start on these teams over these players who have started in the past few days. I am counting at least 20 and I suppose you could have a debate over guys like Danny Green/Darren Collison/DJ Augustine.

Hawks- Bembry
76ers- Wilson Chandler (not at his positions)
Knicks - Mudiay
Nets- Treveon Graham
Bulls- Chad Hutchinson
Jazz- Royce O'Neale
Pistons- Bruce Brown
Clippers- Avery Bradley
Grizzlies- Garret Temple
Heat - McGruder
Celtics- Marcus Smart
Thunder- Terrance Furguson
Pelicans- Elfrid Payton (or Etwan Moore)
Timberwolves- Josh Okokie
Nuggets- Torrey Craig
Suns- De'Anthony Melton
Kings- Iman Shumpert
Pacers- Darren Collison
Cavs- Rodney Hood
Rockets- Austin Rivers
Mavericks- Wes Matthews
Lakers- Lonzo Ball
Trail Blazers- Jake Layman

Well, when you put it that way... :D

Guess I wasn't off by just a little bit... there are some players you cite that he just couldn't replace (PF, e.g. Chandler). And others where the players are young and improver (e.g. Ball). And I think the question was starting at PG. Still - compelling argument.

Simmons at PF(he had 20 rebounds today). :D

Return to Washington Wizards