ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #45: Knicks vs. Wizards LONDON GAME 3 PM (NBATV/NBCSW/1500 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER..

TankKnicks
25%
TankWizards
75%

Total votes: 4

Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Re: GT #45: Knicks vs. Wizards LONDON GAME 3 PM (NBATV/NBCSW/1500 AM) 

Post#41 » by Hidden Eye » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 am

Stop :banghead: trying :banghead: to :banghead: win games :banghead:
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#42 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:37 am

Hidden Eye wrote:Stop :banghead: trying :banghead: to :banghead: win games :banghead:

Ted said "NO TANKING".
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#43 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:48 am

TheBabyMaker wrote:
Hidden Eye wrote:Stop :banghead: trying :banghead: to :banghead: win games :banghead:

Ted said "NO TANKING".

I'm with Ted!
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#44 » by Eli Babak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am

Eli Babak wrote:...a W is, unfortunately, a likely result. Therefore I wish Wiz play terrific basketball and win by 30 points!

I almost jinxed it. :( It's hard to enjoy these games so maybe I'll just have to change my mindset or wait for the playoffs (you know Ernie's gonna make some stupid trade).
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#45 » by Shoe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:36 pm

payitforward wrote:
ClutchDJ wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Troy Brown is good and needs more playing time. Dekker is a quality role player. Otto is a monster and the best player on the wizards

It’s obvious that Beal is but keep dying on that hill I suppose.

Brad played well in the 4th quarter. But, how is it obvious, overall, from this game or the season that he is our best player. Do tell....

Brad took 29 shots & 5 FT attempts & turned that domination of the ball into 26 points -- along with 7 turnovers. & you think that's evidence of being "good," presumably because he hit a couple of 3's at the end? Is that right?

Certainly it's good that he hit those shots, & certainly it's true that if he hadn't hit them we'd have lost.

OTOH, if he'd hit more than 7 of his previous 27 attempts, we wouldn't have been in such a dire situation. If he hadn't turned it over 7 times, we wouldn't have been in that situation either.

If Bryant hadn't made that last lay-up, or if goal-tending hadn't been called, we'd have lost the game, & you & others would be complaining about Beal rather than praising him.

The guy who had the best game overall vs. the Knicks was Satoransky. By far.
& the guy who had the best game for the minutes he played was Thomas Bryant -- again, by far.

If you ignore Beal facing traps and double teams the whole game sure, but in reality he was the main focus of the Knicks D. and coaching staff. And by the way it was Beal who had the clutch assist on Bryant's game winning shot; and Bryant was open because Vonleh and Hardaway Jr. collapsed onto Beal . Everyone in the NBA - coaches, players, execs - would say he is the Wizards best player.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#46 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:46 pm

All I gotta say is they pulled that one out of a dark smelly place.

ah, one other thing- my eyes are making me think that OP has a little
more pep is in his step. He seems lighter on his feet. I particularly
notice this when he grabs a board and heads upcourt.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#47 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Satoransky had a TS percentage of 82% with 18/2/5 and one turnover and played 30 of the first 32 minutes but didn't play in the 4th quarter. Wizards were - 10 when he was on the floor. Although maybe that had to do with Beal/Green struggling.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#48 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Satoransky had a TS percentage of 82% with 18/2/5 and one turnover and played 30 of the first 32 minutes but didn't play in the 4th quarter. Wizards were - 10 when he was on the floor. Although maybe that had to do with Beal/Green struggling.

I watched a replay of the 4th quarter and, at least yesterday, there was a good chemistry with Randle on the court when the Zards made their run. That had more to do with Sato not playing in the 4th than anything else. As Nate said earlier, I think Brooks took the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But, you're right, Sato had a good game and that -10 has more to do with the play of his teammates than his own play.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#49 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm

DCZards wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:Satoransky had a TS percentage of 82% with 18/2/5 and one turnover and played 30 of the first 32 minutes but didn't play in the 4th quarter. Wizards were - 10 when he was on the floor. Although maybe that had to do with Beal/Green struggling.

I watched a replay of the 4th quarter and, at least yesterday, there was a good chemistry with Randle on the court when the Zards made their run. That had more to do with Sato not playing in the 4th than anything else. As Nate said earlier, I think Brooks took the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But, you're right, Sato had a good game and that -10 has more to do with the play of his teammates than his own play.

Yep, and he let Dekker run too... that group was getting it done - I thought Brooks coached the game well.

And like you said, Sato had a very good game. Several of his passes led to wide open looks that were missed. He could have easily ended up with 5 more assists and a +/- of 0 or better. The Wiz shot awfully bad in the first 3 quarters.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#50 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:57 pm

NatP4 wrote:Sato not playing down the stretch was a joke though

Randall was playing well and Brooks finally hit on a combo that was working. This wasn't about Sato or Green. If I had a beef with anyone not playing more it would be Bryant. And maybe Beal and Ariza playing a few less minutes.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#51 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:34 pm

Funny to watch the British crowd watching the games as-if they were at Wimbledon, stuffy and reserved HAHA
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#52 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:37 pm

They were chanting defense for the Wizards.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#53 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:36 am

DCZards wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:

Ted said "NO TANKING".

I'm with Ted!

Look, when the ball goes up I want our guys to win the tip. Then I want them to win the game. What's the point of being a fan otherwise?

But I don't want this team to make the playoffs. I don't want to hear Ernie say "see, we're doing great, we're even pretty good while we're missing our best player."

We started the season 2-9, then went 11-13 the rest of the games John played, then leaped to the stirring heights of 6-4 without him -- with 6 of those being home games & 3 of the 6 wins against bad teams.

This generation of the Wizards has no future. The only real thing to want & urge is for Ernie Grunfeld to depart so we can start over.

Except when the ball goes up.... Then I want to win.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#54 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am

Shoe wrote:
payitforward wrote:
ClutchDJ wrote:It’s obvious that Beal is but keep dying on that hill I suppose.

Brad played well in the 4th quarter. But, how is it obvious, overall, from this game or the season that he is our best player. Do tell....

Brad took 29 shots & 5 FT attempts & turned that domination of the ball into 26 points -- along with 7 turnovers. & you think that's evidence of being "good," presumably because he hit a couple of 3's at the end? Is that right?

Certainly it's good that he hit those shots, & certainly it's true that if he hadn't hit them we'd have lost.

OTOH, if he'd hit more than 7 of his previous 27 attempts, we wouldn't have been in such a dire situation. If he hadn't turned it over 7 times, we wouldn't have been in that situation either.

If Bryant hadn't made that last lay-up, or if goal-tending hadn't been called, we'd have lost the game, & you & others would be complaining about Beal rather than praising him.

& the guy who had the best game for the minutes he played was Thomas Bryant -- again, by far.

If you ignore Beal facing traps and double teams the whole game sure, but in reality he was the main focus of the Knicks D. and coaching staff. And by the way it was Beal who had the clutch assist on Bryant's game winning shot; and Bryant was open because Vonleh and Hardaway Jr. collapsed onto Beal . Everyone in the NBA - coaches, players, execs - would say he is the Wizards best player.

Tell me, Shoe, how do you know what "everyone in the NBA" would say?

Let me put that differently: you have no idea what everyone in the NBA would say or does say.

Brad is an outstanding NBA player. Give him kudos when he has his good games. Give other guys kudos when they have their good games.

You want to be a fanboy, I can't stop you. But vs. the Knicks, Brad was still 10 for 29 with 7 turnovers. No evidence in that game for his being "our best player."

You're right that he set up Bryant, however. But, as I say, if Bryant had missed the shot or the goal-tending hadn't been called, everybody would be berating Beal for forcing shots & turning it over. Duh.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#55 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 am

payitforward wrote:
Shoe wrote:
payitforward wrote:Brad played well in the 4th quarter. But, how is it obvious, overall, from this game or the season that he is our best player. Do tell....

Tell me, Shoe, how do you know what "everyone in the NBA" would say?

Let me put that differently: you have no idea what everyone in the NBA would say or does say.

Brad is an outstanding NBA player. Give him kudos when he has his good games. Give other guys kudos when they have their good games.

You want to be a fanboy, I can't stop you. But vs. the Knicks, Brad was still 10 for 29 with 7 turnovers. No evidence in that game for his being "our best player."

You're right that he set up Bryant, however. But, as I say, if Bryant had missed the shot or the goal-tending hadn't been called, everybody would be berating Beal for forcing shots & turning it over. Duh.

Stats wise Beal looked horrible this game. In reality he is the reason they won the game. let that sink in. Some people need to put their calculators down sometimes and watch games. Knicks whole game plan was to stop Beal.
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#56 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Now why Bryant only got 16 mins. GTFOOH. Brooks. :nonono:
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#57 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:56 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

Did Knicks lost this 4Q on purpose? 11 pts?

Of course. Zion Nation.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#58 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm

DCZards wrote:

I hope this is the beginning of Scotty trusting Randle more and being more flexible in game-flow situations, we could have perhaps beaten the Raps
payitforward
RealGM

Post#59 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:
payitforward wrote:...Brad is an outstanding NBA player. Give him kudos when he has his good games. Give other guys kudos when they have their good games. ...

Stats wise Beal looked horrible this game. In reality he is the reason they won the game. let that sink in. Some people need to put their calculators down sometimes and watch games. Knicks whole game plan was to stop Beal.

I'm sure I watch more games than you do, in fact I'm sure I've watched at least 3 times as many NBA games as you have.

& I don't need a calculator to watch Brad go 7-27 through most of the game while turning it over 7 times.

OTOH, if you look at highlights rather than the real thing, the way you did, & you start in the 4th quarter the way you did rather than watching the whole game, you are right: Brad is "the reason they won the game" (& Bryant! -- come on!).

Try rereading this -- don't skip words, ok? "...if Bryant had missed the shot or the goal-tending hadn't been called, everybody would be berating Beal for forcing shots & turning it over."
TheBabyMaker
Starter

Post#60 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:35 pm

PIF bet your life or money ! dollar you watched more games I Have. You Lose every time. You guys watch calculators and not the God Damn game. same **** everytime

Return to Washington Wizards