ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #46: Pistons @ Wizards 2 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,943

Re: GT #46: Pistons @ Wizards 2 PM 

Post#21 » by CobraCommander » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:21 am

Wiz suck at tanking.... this isnt good news folks....no trade...no FA fixes next year...or the next... Sato not gonna get us to promise land
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#22 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am

TheBabyMaker wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Gary Payton II?

Any intell?
His college stats were phenomenal. However, he was 23 or 24 years old and still in NCAAs.

His G league stats, also stat-stuffed.

--GPII, Mcrae, Randle, Robinso. Dekker, and Bryant are ALL POSITIVE ADDITIONS. The energy and athleticism that the Wizards have now is much better!

--From the box score I see Satoransky led the team in MINUTES at 38.

Washington not only will make the playoffs, they also will be a tough out. They are BETTER THAN BEFORE...

Period.

Lighten up Francis. They still in 10th seed. Lets see how they play on the road where they are complete trash.
You know me.

Effusive, extreme, full-tilt...or negative Nelson running on fumes.

Roger the 10th place. 3 or 4 more losses than 6-8. Facts.

Time will tell.

I just gave my ATM prognosis/prediction.

7th seed...tough playoff out.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#23 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 pm

The remaining games on the schedule before the All-Star break:

vs. Warriors
at. Magic (b2b)
at. Spurs
at. Cavaliers
vs. Pacers (b2b)
vs. Bucks
vs. Hawks
at. Bucks
vs. Cavaliers
at. Bulls (b2b)
at. Pistons
at. Raptors

Assuming the Wizards buck the trend and don't have a let down against the sub .500 teams on this list the Wizards would arrive at the break with a 26-32 record.

Their schedule after the break doesn't look all that daunting, but it will leave Washington with only 24 games to push their win total to 40.

Lottery participation seems far more compelling than a first round out.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#24 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

queridiculo wrote:The remaining games on the schedule before the All-Star break:

vs. Warriors
at. Magic (b2b)
at. Spurs
at. Cavaliers
vs. Pacers (b2b)
vs. Bucks
vs. Hawks
at. Bucks
vs. Cavaliers
at. Bulls (b2b)
at. Pistons
at. Raptors

Assuming the Wizards buck the trend and don't have a let down against the sub .500 teams on this list the Wizards would arrive at the break with a 26-32 record.

Their schedule after the break doesn't look all that daunting, but it will leave Washington with only 24 games to push their win total to 40.

Without that 2-9 start, they'd be where the Nets are or just below .500.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise should the ping pong balls go our way. :P
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#25 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:00 pm

queridiculo wrote:The remaining games on the schedule before the All-Star break:

vs. Warriors
at. Magic (b2b)
at. Spurs
at. Cavaliers
vs. Pacers (b2b)
vs. Bucks
vs. Hawks
at. Bucks
vs. Cavaliers
at. Bulls (b2b)
at. Pistons
at. Raptors

So you are assuming 6-6 over that stretch. That's 4 wins against the actively tanking teams (@Cavs, Hawks, Cavs, @Bulls), 3 losses on road games against good teams (@Spurs, @Bucks, @Raptors), a loss hosting the Warriors; and we go 2-2 in the pick-em games (@Magic, vs Pacers, vs Bucks, @Pistons). Sounds about right.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#26 » by Meliorus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

nate33 wrote:

vs. Warriors
at. Magic (b2b)
at. Spurs
at. Cavaliers
vs. Pacers (b2b)
vs. Bucks
vs. Hawks
at. Bucks
vs. Cavaliers
at. Bulls (b2b)
at. Pistons
at. Raptors

So you are assuming 6-6 over that stretch. That's 4 wins against the actively tanking teams (@Cavs, Hawks, Cavs, @Bulls), 3 losses on road games against good teams (@Spurs, @Bucks, @Raptors), a loss hosting the Warriors; and we go 2-2 in the pick-em games (@Magic, vs Pacers, vs Bucks, @Pistons). Sounds about right.

Since this is the NBA and random things happen, they'll lose to 1 of the tanking teams and win 1 or 2 of the tough games.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#27 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Ariza, Porter and Dekker were the heroes of this game - that and the team D (and bad Detroit shooting).
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#28 » by NatP4 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:48 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Ariza, Porter and Dekker were the heroes of this game - that and the team D (and bad Detroit shooting).

Sato and Bryant were major positives as always.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#29 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:21 pm

NatP4 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Ariza, Porter and Dekker were the heroes of this game - that and the team D (and bad Detroit shooting).

Sato and Bryant were major positives as always.

Sato played with his usual energy on the defensive side of the ball. It really helped the team D.

On the offensive end - meh. He turned the ball over too much - I counted more than the 4 TOs that they gave him credit. And I thought there were a few more times he could have pulled the trigger on 3s to stretch the D.

Not what I am used to for Sato... My two cents.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#30 » by Meliorus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm

I think with the Wizards they're still abysmal on the road. Even on this 9-5 stretch, they are 1-4 on the road.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#31 » by djsunyc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Boston is crapping on themselves. Too many egos. Milwaukee Bucks are vulnerable. Toronto is a team that can be beaten by the Wizards.

do you really believe that in 7 game playoff series, the wizards have a chance to beat any of those 3 teams? and philly? and indiana? all w/o home court?
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#32 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:11 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Boston is crapping on themselves. Too many egos. Milwaukee Bucks are vulnerable. Toronto is a team that can be beaten by the Wizards.

do you really believe that in 7 game playoff series, the wizards have a chance to beat any of those 3 teams? and philly? and indiana? all w/o home court?

We would obliterate them...
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#33 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:51 am

djsunyc wrote:

HELL YES! They'll be underdogs but they've got a chance. Boston's too well coached to not be favored. Toronto has a ton of depth and big time performers. Milwaukee has Greek Freak. Indiana is tight. Philly has Embiid... but NONE OF THEM are consistently good on the road and all have issues.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2019/splits/

Nine games in January. Check the splits vs before and after January. I said the Wizards can win a round... didn't say they would. I see an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TEAM that is getting better with a good mix. Washington's going to sustain the improved numbers.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards