ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XXV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXV 

Post#1981 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jun 1, 2019 2:17 pm

gtn130 wrote:Popper if you care so much about the environment maybe don’t vote for the guy putting energy executives in charge of the EPA?

It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too when you virtue signal about the environment and still vote for the guy promoting Freedom Gas

Just a question on this... what happens if you have two issues... abortion and the environment but abortion is higher on your list? Are you still just virtue signaling or is it a real dilemma?

It is interesting watching those in the Midwest get flooded and farmers now interested in climate change. I wonder if at some point more don't "flip" where climate change becomes more important to them than say, immigration.

I also think this is where the GND has hurt. I am chatting with Rs in my area that would love to flip but won't. They think the Ds solution is worse than the problem.

As a progressive, how do you feel about a proposal like that that keeps Rs and especially independents from flipping?
E550wahoo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1982 » by E550wahoo » Sat Jun 1, 2019 3:27 pm

dobrojim wrote:
popper wrote:Clinton and the Democrat Party hired a company, who then hired a foreign agent, to collect dirt on Trump. They tried to conceal this fact by laundering the payments through a law firm. The foreign agent queried Russians, some with ties to the Kremlin, and produced a document that the agent and Comey admitted was unverified. The FBI, with an assist from the Justice Dept. then used that unverified report to obtain a FISA warrant to surveil Trump campaign officials.

To my point above, this sounds to me like the Fox news readers digest version
to what is a much more complicated story. The 'unverified report' has been largely
upheld in most of its findings. Plus, are you trying to say that the FBI only
used this report, without other corroboration, to decide that a counter-intelligence investigation should
be opened? The notion that the head of the FBI was somehow a Clinton
loyalist out to get Trump is laughable on its face.

I see, conservatives have no ability for independent thought, are all brainwashed by Fox News. Such a widespread, tired pathetic cliche. Meanwhile, the MSM and the Democrat party are in fact colluding in groupthink at least and in a criminal enterprise at worst since the Fourth Estate should be independent, which it clearly no longer is. Explain how you apparently know more than Barr and the IG when you say the "'unverified report' has been largely upheld...."? How so? What other corroboration are you referring to? Why is the idea that Comey was a Clinton loyalist laughable on its face? Comey exonerated Clinton for crimes that would have normally resulted in a loss of security clearance at least to more serious charges. Comey was instructed by Obama to let Clinton off by serving as prosecutor, judge and jury; very convenient since Lynch had recused herself because of an inappropriate meeting with Bill (how convenient). Comey was fired for cause; construing this as obstruction is really laughable on its face.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#1983 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jun 1, 2019 3:40 pm

E550wahoo wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
popper wrote:Clinton and the Democrat Party hired a company, who then hired a foreign agent, to collect dirt on Trump. They tried to conceal this fact by laundering the payments through a law firm. The foreign agent queried Russians, some with ties to the Kremlin, and produced a document that the agent and Comey admitted was unverified. The FBI, with an assist from the Justice Dept. then used that unverified report to obtain a FISA warrant to surveil Trump campaign officials.

to what is a much more complicated story. The 'unverified report' has been largely
used this report, without other corroboration, to decide that a counter-intelligence investigation should

I see, conservatives have no ability for independent thought, are all brainwashed by Fox News. Such a widespread, tired pathetic cliche. Meanwhile, the MSM and the Democrat party are in fact colluding in groupthink at least and in a criminal enterprise at worst since the Fourth Estate should be independent, which it clearly no longer is. Explain how you apparently know more than Barr and the IG when you say the "'unverified report' has been largely upheld...."? How so? What other corroboration are you referring to? Why is the idea that Comey was a Clinton loyalist laughable on its face? Comey exonerated Clinton for crimes that would have normally resulted in a loss of security clearance at least to more serious charges. Comey was instructed by Obama to let Clinton off by serving as prosecutor, judge and jury; very convenient since Lynch had recused herself because of an inappropriate meeting with Bill (how convenient). Comey was fired for cause; construing this as obstruction is really laughable on its face.

Welcome back SDS :D
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#1984 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Jun 1, 2019 4:38 pm

E550wahoo wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Thank you for the on-the-nose caricature of brainwashed Fox News viewer but I think everybody in this thread has a good idea already. I think in the real world the nuttiness is not quite so ott.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1985 » by montestewart » Sat Jun 1, 2019 7:59 pm

Continued here

Return to Washington Wizards