ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #65 Wizards @ Hornets 7:00 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Re: GT #65 Wizards @ Hornets 7:00 PM 

Post#21 » by NatP4 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:43 am

youngWizzy wrote:Troy Brown has been playing really well for the past couple of games. He's really improved in the gleague.

Ok, Scott Brooks
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#22 » by NatP4 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:45 am

Point guard play was tremendous. Brown and Sato combined for 20 points 10 assists and 14 rebounds on just 13 shots.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#23 » by payitforward » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:47 am

I watched the first half & the 4th quarter. That was an exciting 4th quarter!! Wow.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#24 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:53 am

I'm not the one to complain about officials but yea they were pretty bad the whole game, both ways. But when you let Marvin *** Williams go 6-7 from three in the 2nd half, outcome is not going to be pretty good. They lost so the tank bandwaggoners be happy.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#25 » by payitforward » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:59 am

If Brooks had had Dekker in the game rather than Green in the last 5 minutes, the Wizards would have won.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#26 » by payitforward » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:00 am

nate33 wrote:Sam Dekker is a good player. I really hope we keep him.

:)
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#27 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:07 am

That was close...watched on replay. Thank goodness for the tank! This team NEEDS a lotto pick and Pringles gone. Feck a playoff series!
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#28 » by 80sballboy » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:09 am

Good tank loss. Finally a bad Beal game and they still nearly win. Portis did play well against a team with no real starting center.Parker is fine in small doses. I like him off the bench but don't love him in clutch time but then you have Green and Athreeza. Not much of a choice there. They'll probably beat Minnesota, who looks like they've thrown in the towel. Wiz are at least playing hard every night and are really good on the end of back-to-backs. That's all you can ask as long as Brooks keeps playing Brown through his mistakes.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#29 » by 80sballboy » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:16 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:That was close...watched on replay. Thank goodness for the tank! This team NEEDS a lotto pick and Pringles gone. Feck a playoff series!

Yeah, a Minnesota loss would just about do it but the T-Wolves don't care. Wiz are bringing it every night. At least lately and in the second quarter. All I want is some competitive play and more minutes for Troy Brown, less for Ariza and Green. Even if they want those guys back, there's no reason to force-feed mid-30 year old players 30-35 minutes per game.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#30 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:19 am

Memphis and Orlando win, Wiz play a close game with Troy Brown getting quality run, and it ends in an L. Beautiful

Just keep playing TB Jr and I’m fine with whatever happens in most games
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#31 » by Dat2U » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:46 am

payitforward wrote:If Brooks had had Dekker in the game rather than Green in the last 5 minutes, the Wizards would have won.

And who said Brooks was completely worthless! :D
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#32 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:59 pm

Dat2U wrote:
payitforward wrote:If Brooks had had Dekker in the game rather than Green in the last 5 minutes, the Wizards would have won.

And who said Brooks was completely worthless! :D

Hey, Tank Commander Brooks continues to do a wonderful job!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#33 » by dangermouse » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:20 pm

Glad we lost, and glad we got to see Brown get a run at backup PG. I think he has a place there.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#34 » by nate33 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:01 pm

dangermouse wrote:Glad we lost, and glad we got to see Brown get a run at backup PG. I think he has a place there.

Yeah, he seems better with the ball in his hands making decisions, rather than an off-the-ball 3&D type who only attacks closeouts. His future is more of a guard, not a forward. He's not necessarily a point guard, but in our system, it doesn't really matter much. He's a combo guard like Beal and Sato.

I'd just pencil him in as our 3rd guard next year (behind Beal and Sato). That means we need to find a whole lot of forwards, either in the draft, in free agency, or by retaining some among Ariza/Dekker/Jabari/Green.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#35 » by payitforward » Sat Mar 9, 2019 4:15 pm

We're all making the same points -- good ones, too. It's fun to watch them play hard, & it's great that Troy Brown is getting to play.

Those 2 things & the fantasies about the draft are making it fun again to watch the Wiz -- I guess we can add the spice of "what will Jabari Parker do next?" Also kind of fun, right?

Sure beats watching Austin Rivers & Ian Mahinmi!!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#36 » by dckingsfan » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:09 pm

nate33 wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Glad we lost, and glad we got to see Brown get a run at backup PG. I think he has a place there.

Yeah, he seems better with the ball in his hands making decisions, rather than an off-the-ball 3&D type who only attacks closeouts. His future is more of a guard, not a forward. He's not necessarily a point guard, but in our system, it doesn't really matter much. He's a combo guard like Beal and Sato.

I'd just pencil him in as our 3rd guard next year (behind Beal and Sato). That means we need to find a whole lot of forwards, either in the draft, in free agency, or by retaining some among Ariza/Dekker/Jabari/Green.

Yep, he is going to make a nice leap next year, IMO. His ability to guard both PGs and SGs comes as a surprise to me (you draft geeks can laugh at me). I didn't think he would be able to handle the ball so well and make such smart decisions this early.

It also means that (if Brooks thinks this through) the guard rotation is set and the new GM (:D) can focus on forwards in the draft and FA.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#37 » by DCZards » Sat Mar 9, 2019 8:59 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Yep, he is going to make a nice leap next year, IMO. His ability to guard both PGs and SGs comes as a surprise to me (you draft geeks can laugh at me). I didn't think he would be able to handle the ball so well and make such smart decisions this early.

It also means that (if Brooks thinks this through) the guard rotation is set and the new GM (:D) can focus on forwards in the draft and FA.

Troy's ballhandling, passing and decision-making skills go back to his high school years where he was one of the top PGs in the country before switching to forward.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#38 » by dckingsfan » Sat Mar 9, 2019 11:41 pm

DCZards wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Yep, he is going to make a nice leap next year, IMO. His ability to guard both PGs and SGs comes as a surprise to me (you draft geeks can laugh at me). I didn't think he would be able to handle the ball so well and make such smart decisions this early.

Troy's ballhandling, passing and decision-making skills go back to his high school years where he was one of the top PGs in the country before switching to forward.

Are you laughing at me?

Return to Washington Wizards