ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #75 Wizards @ Lakers 10:30 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: GT #75 Wizards @ Lakers 10:30 PM 

Post#41 » by payitforward » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:55 pm

nate33 wrote:McGee still stinks... Swiss cheese with McGee....

People often forget -- aside from stinking, some Swiss cheese is very expensive!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#42 » by owneroz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm

payitforward wrote:
nate33 wrote:McGee still stinks... Swiss cheese with McGee....

People often forget -- aside from stinking, some Swiss cheese is very expensive!

Only if it comes from Switzerland and not Wisconsin

Sent as Washington Wizards fan from Miami Heat Nation
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#43 » by 80sballboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
Wrong about what Ken? That he was a knucklehead when he was here? Is it possible, that he learned a lot from being at Golden State? Or is the fact that our center situation, no matter what people feel about Thomas Bryant, is one of the worst in the league. Statistically, he is having one of the best seasons in his career at 31, so good for him. And this is his sixth team by the way. The fact that he's become a pretty decent center? I'll never admit to being wrong about getting rid of him. Always knew he had the talent just needed maturity.

Yeah, revisionism at it's best. He's basically putting up same stats is last year with us on a crappy team like ours. Okay so he make the boneheaded mistakes anymore, only took him about 7-8 seasons to get that right. I could care less he won two championship with a team with 4 all-stars.
Flip Saunders.

He affixed the label. He lost a heap of games coaching like a knucklehead.

I have three black sons. Even I do not kill their spirits by labels like knucklehead. White coach who lost a lot more than Eddie Jordan did with same players...

Javale McGee may well have learning problems but he's Pam McGee's son and not a knucklehead. Never was.

I remember when others posted here. McGee was a net negative player. He was ALMOST out of the league in part thanks to Shaquille O'Neal and ShaqTin a Fool.

The Sixers waived Javale.

The other night, 30/20 with 5 blocks. James Worthy said McGee is finally comfortable playing 30 minutes a night.

My point: I thought McGee would be better after age 30. He can easily play another 7-10 years.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

OMG, I didn't say he was a thug and should go to jail. Just wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. So maybe knucklehead (a term Michael Wilbon uses often) is going too far. So you are saying he was a genius on the floor? The next Magic Johnson? Dude, you have a very, very short memory. He was garbage here but he had his moments. Glad that you were right that he's become a serviceable center and dominated Bobby Portis and Thomas Bryant in a game that didn't matter.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-defend-javale-mcgee-after-wizards-said-he-tried-to-embarrass-them/

https://wizofawes.com/2016/10/23/washington-wizards-javale-mcgee-golden-state-warriors-strange-tale/
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#44 » by TGW » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Javale getting big minutes is a large reason why the Lakers failed this season. Dude can't defend worth a lick.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:31 am

80sballboy wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Yeah, revisionism at it's best. He's basically putting up same stats is last year with us on a crappy team like ours. Okay so he make the boneheaded mistakes anymore, only took him about 7-8 seasons to get that right. I could care less he won two championship with a team with 4 all-stars.
Flip Saunders.

He affixed the label. He lost a heap of games coaching like a knucklehead.

I have three black sons. Even I do not kill their spirits by labels like knucklehead. White coach who lost a lot more than Eddie Jordan did with same players...

Javale McGee may well have learning problems but he's Pam McGee's son and not a knucklehead. Never was.

I remember when others posted here. McGee was a net negative player. He was ALMOST out of the league in part thanks to Shaquille O'Neal and ShaqTin a Fool.

The Sixers waived Javale.

The other night, 30/20 with 5 blocks. James Worthy said McGee is finally comfortable playing 30 minutes a night.

My point: I thought McGee would be better after age 30. He can easily play another 7-10 years.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

OMG, I didn't say he was a thug and should go to jail. Just wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. So maybe knucklehead (a term Michael Wilbon uses often) is going too far. So you are saying he was a genius on the floor? The next Magic Johnson? Dude, you have a very, very short memory. He was garbage here but he had his moments. Glad that you were right that he's become a serviceable center and dominated Bobby Portis and Thomas Bryant in a game that didn't matter.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-defend-javale-mcgee-after-wizards-said-he-tried-to-embarrass-them/

https://wizofawes.com/2016/10/23/washington-wizards-javale-mcgee-golden-state-warriors-strange-tale/

No, actually I have a very retentive mind. It gets short-circuited at times by bull, lack of sleep, etc.

McGee STARTED for Eddie Jordan. Those eleven or twelve games. RIGHT WHEN ERNIE FIRED EJ (when in fact, Ernie is the one who drafted stupid as F for several consecutive seasons. LOOK AT THE "WINNERS" ON THIS ROSTER.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2009.html

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date Exp College
0 Gilbert Arenas PG 6-3 191 January 6, 1982 us 7 University of Arizona
32 Andray Blatche C 6-11 235 August 22, 1986 us 3
17 Dee Brown PG 6-0 185 August 17, 1984 us 1 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
3 Caron Butler SG 6-7 228 March 13, 1980 us 6 University of Connecticut
8 Javaris Crittenton PG 6-5 200 December 31, 1987 us 1 Georgia Institute of Technology
6 Antonio Daniels PG 6-4 195 March 19, 1975 us 11 Bowling Green State University
12 Juan Dixon PG 6-3 164 October 9, 1978 us 6 University of Maryland
33 Brendan Haywood C 7-0 268 November 27, 1979 us 7 University of North Carolina
13 Mike James PG 6-2 188 June 23, 1975 us 7 Duquesne University
4 Antawn Jamison PF 6-8 223 June 12, 1976 us 10 University of North Carolina
34 JaVale McGee C 7-0 270 January 19, 1988 us R University of Nevada, Reno
5 Dominic McGuire SF 6-9 220 October 20, 1985 us 1 University of Cal, California State University, Fresno
14 Oleksiy Pecherov C 7-0 232 December 8, 1985 ua 1
9 Darius Songaila C 6-9 248 February 14, 1978 lt 5 Wake Forest University
2 DeShawn Stevenson SG 6-5 210 April 3, 1981 us 8
36 Etan Thomas C 6-9 256 April 1, 1978 us 6 Syracuse University
1 Nick Young SG 6-7 210 June 1, 1985 us 1 University of Southern California

BLATCHE, was the veteran.
McGuire, Young, and Pecherov had one year experience between them. NICK YOUNG treated McGee like a rookie that year!

Brawling guys who couldn't stand each other, Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood were traditional Cs who had NOTHING to offer as mentors.

EDDIE JORDAN preferred to use Songaila at C.

80s, Javale was not exactly brought in nicely. Eddie Jordan was FIRED, I think VERY UNFAIRLY, twelve games into the season when several starters were injured. THAT THE WIZARDS HAVE NOT ACHIEVED ANY GREATER SUCCESS SINCE ARENAS WAS HEALTHY is a strong testimony to the ineptitude that ERNIE GRUNFELD has built.

McGee survived a lot of crap.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#46 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:31 am

30pts 20rebs 5blk Lakers
Kareem
Shaq
JaVale

TIrk Novita on YouTube
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#47 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:42 am

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgeeja01/splits/2009

JUST FOR GIGGLES: See Javale's numbers the month of November, his rookie season, when primarily he was playing 20 judgment free minutes under Eddie Jordan.

After that, Tapscott took over. BACK THEN big men were told to stay in the paint, back down opponents, hold position, and defend the basket. Dude was 20 years old. He's STILL IN THE LEAGUE.

My whole premise then and now is he's got the athleticism. As he ages and grows physically, he's going to peak late and be good later in his career.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards