ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #75 Wizards @ Lakers 10:30 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: GT #75 Wizards @ Lakers 10:30 PM 

Post#21 » by JWizmentality » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:07 am

If we leapfrog Dallas and Atlanta for balls, this season is a success.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,315

Post#22 » by NatP4 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:13 am

JWizmentality wrote:If we leapfrog Dallas and Atlanta for balls, this season is a success.

No doubt. Minus not trading wall
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: GT #75 Wizards @ some10:30 PM 

Post#23 » by queridiculo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am

nate33 wrote:Somebody forgot to give Beal the tanking memo. He has scored 17 straight points!

One of the few guys that actually cares.

The other vets Brooks insists on continuing to start have already checked out, and I can't really fault them.

Vacation is around the corner and getting hurt would be a real bummer for some of those guys that have maybe 2-3 years of getting paid left.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#24 » by closg00 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:42 am

JaVale beasted then last night
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#25 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 am

NatP4 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:If we leapfrog Dallas and Atlanta for balls, this season is a success.

No doubt. Minus not trading wall

New Orleans refuses to win. They lose every night now.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#26 » by 80sballboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Mcgee's good...

None of the people who hated Javale when I didn't will admit they were wrong.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Wrong about what Ken? That he was a knucklehead when he was here? Is it possible, that he learned a lot from being at Golden State? Or is the fact that our center situation, no matter what people feel about Thomas Bryant, is one of the worst in the league. Statistically, he is having one of the best seasons in his career at 31, so good for him. And this is his sixth team by the way. The fact that he's become a pretty decent center? I'll never admit to being wrong about getting rid of him. Always knew he had the talent just needed maturity.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#27 » by 80sballboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Damn, I didn't even see the thread for this game. Glad we lost. Went to bad early in the third quarter. Now we need Oubre and Booker to combined for 75 points and we can continue our quest for a top 8 or higher pick.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#28 » by 80sballboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeah, that would be nice. Just have to keep losing. Play Beal 20-25mpg the rest of the way. He played 37 minutes last night. Why? :crazy:
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#29 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:55 pm

80sballboy wrote:

Wrong about what Ken? That he was a knucklehead when he was here? Is it possible, that he learned a lot from being at Golden State? Or is the fact that our center situation, no matter what people feel about Thomas Bryant, is one of the worst in the league. Statistically, he is having one of the best seasons in his career at 31, so good for him. And this is his sixth team by the way. The fact that he's become a pretty decent center? I'll never admit to being wrong about getting rid of him. Always knew he had the talent just needed maturity.

Yeah, revisionism at it's best. He's basically putting up same stats is last year with us on a crappy team like ours. Okay so he make the boneheaded mistakes anymore, only took him about 7-8 seasons to get that right. I could care less he won two championship with a team with 4 all-stars.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#30 » by TGW » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:59 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Yeah, revisionism at it's best. He's basically putting up same stats is last year with us on a crappy team like ours. Okay so he make the boneheaded mistakes anymore, only took him about 7-8 seasons to get that right. I could care less he won two championship with a team with 4 all-stars.

Says alot that they didn't even bother resigning him. Not even for cheap.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#31 » by TheBabyMaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:04 pm

80sballboy wrote:Damn, I didn't even see the thread for this game. Glad we lost. Went to bad early in the third quarter. Now we need Oubre and Booker to combined for 75 points and we can continue our quest for a top 8 or higher pick.

Oubre is done for the season (thumb), so they need Booker to get 60-70 points by himself. Its possible with the Wizards D
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#32 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:28 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Flip Saunders.

He affixed the label. He lost a heap of games coaching like a knucklehead.

I have three black sons. Even I do not kill their spirits by labels like knucklehead. White coach who lost a lot more than Eddie Jordan did with same players...

Javale McGee may well have learning problems but he's Pam McGee's son and not a knucklehead. Never was.

I remember when others posted here. McGee was a net negative player. He was ALMOST out of the league in part thanks to Shaquille O'Neal and ShaqTin a Fool.

The Sixers waived Javale.

The other night, 30/20 with 5 blocks. James Worthy said McGee is finally comfortable playing 30 minutes a night.

My point: I thought McGee would be better after age 30. He can easily play another 7-10 years.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#33 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:30 pm

TGW wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Says they're stupid.

Larry Nance Jr.
Julius Randle
DeMarcus Russell

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#34 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:31 pm

TGW wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

My bad...

Looney, Damian Jones, and Jordan Bell all seemed viable moving forward BEFORE the signed Boogie Cousins.

Bye bye Beal.
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#35 » by owneroz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:He can easily play another 7-10 years.

That quote is reaching for the moon when talking about Mcgee

Sent as Washington Wizards fan from Miami Heat Nation
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#36 » by DCZards » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 pm

owneroz wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:He can easily play another 7-10 years.

That quote is reaching for the moon when talking about Mcgee

I agree with CCJ. Big men like McGee often have long careers, assuming they stay healthy. I think it's because teams always need rebounding and rim protection, and Javale does both of those things well.

Last night commentators noted that McGee had matured as a player and no longer tries to do things like take a defensive rebound and go end-to-end on his own. That's the Javale that the Zards had 8 plus years ago and the one that was a regular on shaqtin a fool.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#37 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
TGW wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Says they're stupid.

Larry Nance Jr.
Julius Randle
DeMarcus Russell

It might be time for Magic Johnson to fire himself.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#38 » by Kanyewest » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:24 pm

TGW wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Warriors are over the luxury tax plus they decided to give Cousins the MLE.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#39 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:49 pm

McGee still stinks. He can rebound and dive on a pick and roll, but he still can't make decisions with the ball or defend. That Lakers defense is Swiss cheese with McGee at center.
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#40 » by owneroz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:54 pm

nate33 wrote:McGee still stinks. He can rebound and dive on a pick and roll, but he still can't make decisions with the ball or defend. That Lakers defense is Swiss cheese with McGee at center.

Thank you, completely agree

Sent as Washington Wizards fan from Miami Heat Nation

Return to Washington Wizards