ImageImageImageImageImage

Backbreaker! Buckhantz is gone!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: Backbreaker! Buckhantz is gone! 

Post#101 » by 80sballboy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:23 am

When the team is bad, if you are watching, you want to hear a better play-by-play man and color analyst. Maybe I just felt used to Buck, like an old shoe, but I can't get into Kutcher. I'm used to being without Phil, because it's been three years now and Kara was pretty good. She just had zero chemistry with Buck. Gooden and Butler? Sometimes I tune in and I'm not sure, which is which. Then I realize there are no silly comments so I guess it's Caron. Sure, Brendan Haywood would have been better but they weren't throwing out the cash for him. I think Tony Massenburg would have been better. He might be a little too serious and critical, but I like that. Maybe they are grooming Harvey Grant or Jared Jeffries. At least Harvey played for the Bullets.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#102 » by FAH1223 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:58 am

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#103 » by FAH1223 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#104 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:21 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I hope they do it, I would definitely listen !!
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#105 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:03 pm

I do gotta say, Gooden is growing on me. I thought he was pretty bad, but he has gotten better throughout the season. He's actually pretty funny. I think I do prefer him now to Caron.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#106 » by payitforward » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:28 am

It's ok to like Drew -- as I'm sure Steve Buckhantz would be the first to agree. Drew Gooden wasn't the reason the Wizards fired Buck.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#107 » by truwizfan4evr » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:57 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I do gotta say, Gooden is growing on me. I thought he was pretty bad, but he has gotten better throughout the season. He's actually pretty funny. I think I do prefer him now to Caron.

i still miss Buck and Phil. nothing like hearing them call wizards games. The new guy and drew are okay but its not the same.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:50 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I do gotta say, Gooden is growing on me. I thought he was pretty bad, but he has gotten better throughout the season. He's actually pretty funny. I think I do prefer him now to Caron.

i still miss Buck and Phil. nothing like hearing them call wizards games. The new guy and drew are okay but its not the same.

Yeah I love Buck and Phil... I'd be happy if they came back, I hope they do that Daggercast !

Also just to clarify I did say I was starting to like Gooden, NOT Kutchner he's terrible.

Return to Washington Wizards