ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XXVI

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1081 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:39 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
I dont make anything special, and there's no salary worth bragging about. But the point stands, I shouldn't have to pay an egregious amount more than others do, like the lowlife with a Z said, we all "chip in", but for some reason some have to chip in an exorbitant amount more even though they use the same, or arguably less of the services in question. Make the tax rate flat across the board, take out the loop holes and capital gain BS that favor the super rich, and the menial tax brackets that favor others.


Wait so after railing on posters here that they just want government handouts and how they just want tax other people’s money, turns out you’re probably not in the tax bracket that’s going to be the most affected? Look I’m not trying to judge anyone on what they make but there are posters in this thread that pay high taxes and are advocating for more taxes because it’s the right thing to do, despite it affecting their income. You probably take in more services than what you pay out in taxes yet you’re advocating for screwing your self over with zero net benefit to society. This is Republican pathology at its finest. I encourage you to get some more perspective on how taxes work and the net benefit to a society and come back to have an informed discussion.


daoneandonly loading "Baby Kiler" retort.


...standby.


Where's your retort for how the kids at the detention center or the ones who are sick and at risk of being deported matter now, but not a mere months/years ago when they were in their mother's womb? Was it a different person in that womb? Oh yeah, not a person at all right? fairy dust made them so.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1082 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:43 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Wait so after railing on posters here that they just want government handouts and how they just want tax other people’s money, turns out you’re probably not in the tax bracket that’s going to be the most affected? Look I’m not trying to judge anyone on what they make but there are posters in this thread that pay high taxes and are advocating for more taxes because it’s the right thing to do, despite it affecting their income. You probably take in more services than what you pay out in taxes yet you’re advocating for screwing your self over with zero net benefit to society. This is Republican pathology at its finest. I encourage you to get some more perspective on how taxes work and the net benefit to a society and come back to have an informed discussion.


daoneandonly loading "Baby Kiler" retort.


...standby.


Where's your retort for how the kids at the detention center or the ones who are sick and at risk of being deported matter now, but not a mere months/years ago when they were in their mother's womb? Was it a different person in that womb? Oh yeah, not a person at all right? fairy dust made them so.


WTF lol! Where's the evidence that YOU care about them? You voted for this fool right?

What about the kids that the Trump administration is actively trying to *murder* right now? Where's your cries of "baby killer" for that?
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1083 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:43 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.


It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1084 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.


It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.


I have NO idea what you are talking about, literally NO ONE on this board has said ANY of this. It's dangerous to argue with the voices in your head man. Get help.
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1085 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:47 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
daoneandonly loading "Baby Kiler" retort.


...standby.


Where's your retort for how the kids at the detention center or the ones who are sick and at risk of being deported matter now, but not a mere months/years ago when they were in their mother's womb? Was it a different person in that womb? Oh yeah, not a person at all right? fairy dust made them so.


WTF lol! Where's the evidence that YOU care about them? You voted for this fool right?

What about the kids that the Trump administration is actively trying to *murder* right now? Where's your cries of "baby killer" for that?


I did vote for him, for the Supreme Court effect only. Yet I never once praised him for these particular acts. My side is the one that's actually logical, the kids at the dention camp, innocent, deserve better. Kids in the womb, innocent, deserve better.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1086 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:51 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.


It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.


I have NO idea what you are talking about, literally NO ONE on this board has said ANY of this. It's dangerous to argue with the voices in your head man. Get help.


It's nice how you read only what goes in line with supposed progressive positivity There have been several on this board that counter the flat tax argument with how unfair things are already are to some and how its impossible to go from the "rags to riches" argument. I say it's been proven otherwise, it doesn't have to be riches, rags to middle class is just fine.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1087 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:53 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Where's your retort for how the kids at the detention center or the ones who are sick and at risk of being deported matter now, but not a mere months/years ago when they were in their mother's womb? Was it a different person in that womb? Oh yeah, not a person at all right? fairy dust made them so.


WTF lol! Where's the evidence that YOU care about them? You voted for this fool right?

What about the kids that the Trump administration is actively trying to *murder* right now? Where's your cries of "baby killer" for that?


I did vote for him, for the Supreme Court effect only. Yet I never once praised him for these particular acts. My side is the one that's actually logical, the kids at the dention camp, innocent, deserve better. Kids in the womb, innocent, deserve better.


:eyeroll: You're up here on this board literally screaming BABY KILLERS!!!!!! at us. But I have to PROMPT you to begrudgingly acknowledge that *actual* kids (not imaginary womb kids) being murdered is maybe kinda bad. Weak.
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1088 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:55 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.


I have NO idea what you are talking about, literally NO ONE on this board has said ANY of this. It's dangerous to argue with the voices in your head man. Get help.


It's nice how you read only what goes in line with supposed progressive positivity There have been several on this board that counter the flat tax argument with how unfair things are already are to some and how its impossible to go from the "rags to riches" argument. I say it's been proven otherwise, it doesn't have to be riches, rags to middle class is just fine.


Oh, so I confront you with a lie so you pretend to have said something else? Pathetic! May I remind you of what you wrote above?

"people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race" Note that there is NOTHING in that text about flat taxes. LIAR!
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1089 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:55 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
WTF lol! Where's the evidence that YOU care about them? You voted for this fool right?

What about the kids that the Trump administration is actively trying to *murder* right now? Where's your cries of "baby killer" for that?


I did vote for him, for the Supreme Court effect only. Yet I never once praised him for these particular acts. My side is the one that's actually logical, the kids at the dention camp, innocent, deserve better. Kids in the womb, innocent, deserve better.


:eyeroll: You're up here on this board literally screaming BABY KILLERS!!!!!! at us. But I have to PROMPT you to begrudgingly acknowledge that *actual* kids (not imaginary womb kids) being murdered is maybe kinda bad. Weak.


No one is being murdered, don't believe the liberal hype. Murder is an act, like when the doctor aborts the baby. Is someone shooting, stabbing, suffocating these kids?
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 13,974
And1: 5,377
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1090 » by queridiculo » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:55 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Wait so after railing on posters here that they just want government handouts and how they just want tax other people’s money, turns out you’re probably not in the tax bracket that’s going to be the most affected? Look I’m not trying to judge anyone on what they make but there are posters in this thread that pay high taxes and are advocating for more taxes because it’s the right thing to do, despite it affecting their income. You probably take in more services than what you pay out in taxes yet you’re advocating for screwing your self over with zero net benefit to society. This is Republican pathology at its finest. I encourage you to get some more perspective on how taxes work and the net benefit to a society and come back to have an informed discussion.


There's no point in reasoning with this ass clown.

This is the same genius that went on an on about how he doesn't want to pay for other peoples healthcare and it turns out he's been a beneficiary of pooled risk in healthcare for his entire lifetime.

His infantile understanding of complex issues and intellectual laziness makes him a Dunning-Kruger poster child.

Hanlon's razor is so fitting for this character.


Point Querdi you want to do a 3 way posting of direct deposit payslips, I'm down. I wasn't saying I'm better than anyone because of income, that's ridiculous. What i said is I have no doubt I pay more in taxes than most on the liberal left who who think people should have essentially an automatic out from paying taxes, which is what the progressive tax system is.

And I can't help my health issues, so FU for bringing it up. Many people in those lower brackets can help their situation, I've witnessed pretty much every Indian who's come to America do it, so spare me the BS that the rags to middle class dream is a fallacy. Now the people who are in dire circumstances due to things beyond their control, health, loss of a loved one/provider, etc, those are the ones that deserve assistance.


There's no way to reconcile your woe is me attitude about your poor health with your right wing talking points.

You still haven't acknowledged that the collective good will of other people have had a considerable impact on your quality of life, which means you're either too stupid to comprehend it or too small minded to admit that you're wrong.

As for my income, I live in Europe and I'm in the top 3rd percentile in my country as an earner.

Unlike in the States, where I earned more and my tax burden was in the low twenties I'm contributing close to 50% my annual salary to things like universal healthcare, free universities and schools and a social system that's far from perfect but makes an effort not to leave anybody behind.

I am okay with that, and I don't mind that there are people exploiting the system for a free ride if it means people in need are being taken care of.

All your claims about moral superiority and the faith you profess are self serving bull, you're demonstrating it with every post that you make.

**** off and eat ****, last time I'm getting roped into arguing with an imbecile.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1091 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:56 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
I have NO idea what you are talking about, literally NO ONE on this board has said ANY of this. It's dangerous to argue with the voices in your head man. Get help.


It's nice how you read only what goes in line with supposed progressive positivity There have been several on this board that counter the flat tax argument with how unfair things are already are to some and how its impossible to go from the "rags to riches" argument. I say it's been proven otherwise, it doesn't have to be riches, rags to middle class is just fine.


Oh, so I confront you with a lie so you pretend to have said something else? Pathetic! May I remind you of what you wrote above?

"people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race" Note that there is NOTHING in that text about flat taxes. LIAR!


You're a former mod, fix the search functionality on here and I'll be happy to provide proof.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1092 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:01 pm

queridiculo wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
There's no point in reasoning with this ass clown.

This is the same genius that went on an on about how he doesn't want to pay for other peoples healthcare and it turns out he's been a beneficiary of pooled risk in healthcare for his entire lifetime.

His infantile understanding of complex issues and intellectual laziness makes him a Dunning-Kruger poster child.

Hanlon's razor is so fitting for this character.


Point Querdi you want to do a 3 way posting of direct deposit payslips, I'm down. I wasn't saying I'm better than anyone because of income, that's ridiculous. What i said is I have no doubt I pay more in taxes than most on the liberal left who who think people should have essentially an automatic out from paying taxes, which is what the progressive tax system is.

And I can't help my health issues, so FU for bringing it up. Many people in those lower brackets can help their situation, I've witnessed pretty much every Indian who's come to America do it, so spare me the BS that the rags to middle class dream is a fallacy. Now the people who are in dire circumstances due to things beyond their control, health, loss of a loved one/provider, etc, those are the ones that deserve assistance.


There's no way to reconcile your woe is me attitude about your poor health with your right wing talking points.

You still haven't acknowledged that the collective good will of other people have had a considerable impact on your quality of life, which means you're either too stupid to comprehend it or too small minded to admit that you're wrong.

As for my income, I live in Europe and I'm in the top 3rd percentile in my country as an earner.

Unlike in the States, where I earned more and my tax burden was in the low twenties I'm contributing close to 50% my annual salary to things like universal healthcare, free universities and schools and a social system that's far from perfect but makes an effort not to leave anybody behind.

I am okay with that, and I don't mind that there are people exploiting the system for a free ride if it means people in need are being taken care of.

All your claims about moral superiority and the faith you profess are self serving bull, you're demonstrating it with every post that you make.

**** off and eat ****, last time I'm getting roped into arguing with an imbecile.


Please you're not that sincere and selfless, it just makes your argument appear better.

And there we go with the bolded, people being left behind, because that really happens in the frequency the left scream at the top of their lungs at. You sound like AOC's boyfriend.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1093 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:06 pm

It disturbs me that only someone who is the target of a worldwide social media hurricane can get an idiotic decision like this reversed, but yay, good news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/09/03/palestinian-student-originally-denied-entry-us-now-allowed-attend-harvard/
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1094 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:08 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
It's nice how you read only what goes in line with supposed progressive positivity There have been several on this board that counter the flat tax argument with how unfair things are already are to some and how its impossible to go from the "rags to riches" argument. I say it's been proven otherwise, it doesn't have to be riches, rags to middle class is just fine.


Oh, so I confront you with a lie so you pretend to have said something else? Pathetic! May I remind you of what you wrote above?

"people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race" Note that there is NOTHING in that text about flat taxes. LIAR!


You're a former mod, fix the search functionality on here and I'll be happy to provide proof.


Admit responsibility for your lie and I'll put in some thoughts and prayers for you.
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
User avatar
pancakes3
General Manager
Posts: 7,859
And1: 1,229
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1095 » by pancakes3 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:38 pm

Bullets -> Wizards
User avatar
gtn130
Analyst
Posts: 3,347
And1: 2,546
Joined: Mar 18, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1096 » by gtn130 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:18 pm

These arguments with daoneandonly are a constant reminder that there's really no point in engaging with right-wingers on anything. Nobody is changing their mind here. The people who are dumb enough to be fooled by Trump, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc. are never going to figure out what is actually going on - they just want to hear what makes them feel good, and they're completely closed off to any other view point or any fact-based argument that challenges their reality.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1097 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:34 pm

gtn130 wrote:These arguments with daoneandonly are a constant reminder that there's really no point in engaging with right-wingers on anything. Nobody is changing their mind here. The people who are dumb enough to be fooled by Trump, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc. are never going to figure out what is actually going on - they just want to hear what makes them feel good, and they're completely closed off to any other view point or any fact-based argument that challenges their reality.


Well people generally tend to be set in their ways, that can be said about both sides of the aisles, and I'm one of them.

Where I take umbrage is when people argue separation of church & state for abortion, yet advocate it when it comes to helping the poor. It's like it's some kind of buffet and you can just pick what you want. Both are not just religious values, but human decency ones. It's why I've never seen any of the 2-3 right wingers on here ever bring up same sex marriage, because that's 100% a religious issue, and has and should be separated out from government control/intervention.
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 8,160
And1: 7,853
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1098 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.


It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.


I mean this is absolute bull. The vast majority of immigrants from all countries are usually have the financial resources and are more educated than native born Americans. It’s not like you’re seeing the majority of Indians coming to America are from the untouchables caste. Structural racism in America has hit historical affected blacks and native Americans far worse than any other race.
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 8,160
And1: 7,853
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1099 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:46 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:It disturbs me that only someone who is the target of a worldwide social media hurricane can get an idiotic decision like this reversed, but yay, good news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/09/03/palestinian-student-originally-denied-entry-us-now-allowed-attend-harvard/


Where are all the war on religion people to speak up for this intelligent young man that was banned from the country because of his religion?
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,485
And1: 1,317
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1100 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:52 pm

Pointgod wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:And so the plutocrat's propaganda strategy of getting poor people to blame other poor people for their problems succeeds again.


It's more the constant chatter on here on how people are intentionally held down, some have the audacity to blame it on race. yet as I mentioned, 97% of the Indians I've seen came here with nothing, and made it to the middle class through sheer grit and God's grace. Last time I checked, poverty in Indian is far worse than anything America will ever know, so coming poor from india is true poverty, and Indians are minorities and colored folk too.


I mean this is absolute bull. The vast majority of immigrants from all countries are usually have the financial resources and are more educated than native born Americans. It’s not like you’re seeing the majority of Indians coming to America are from the untouchables caste. Structural racism in America has hit historical affected blacks and native Americans far worse than any other race.


Financial resource? Stories of people coming to this country with 25, 40, 60, 200 dollars whatever have you aren't just some BS painted picture to make it look rosy, it's fact.

And even then, many of those people whatever little they were making at the time still sent a good chunk of it back home to their families.

Return to Washington Wizards