Political Roundtable Part XXVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVI 

Post#1901 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Tulsi Gabbard... and her solid 1%.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1902 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1903 » by doclinkin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:35 pm

dobrojim wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
Some have suggested or hoped that once he leaves office he might end up in a very
different publicly owned facility assuming Barr or another GOP toady is no longer AG.
He has committed actual crimes that we know about and it's not hard to imagine that once the
stonewall preventing more information about his past breaks down completely, he could be
facing much more legal liability assuming the statute of limitations has not
passed on some of them.

I think he would skip the country and try to foment civil war if it were headed in that direction. He's not going to go away quietly no matter what.

You raise an interesting possibility re skipping the country. Can you imagine if he were to
skip the country hypothetically say for Moscow in Air Force One?

One wonders what measures might be under consideration by intelligence/law enforcement
now or going forward that would ensure that this could not happen.

With the nuclear football...

That said yeah, um, he can’t actually fly the plane. You’d hope the pilot would simply say no.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1904 » by gtn130 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 pm

If Tulsi runs as an independent its basically a lock that she’s working for the GOP/Trump. You’d have to be a complete idiot to not see through her whole charade
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1905 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:27 pm

gtn130 wrote:If Tulsi runs as an independent its basically a lock that she’s working for the GOP/Trump. You’d have to be a complete idiot to not see through her whole charade

I
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1906 » by Kanyewest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:53 pm

I heard a rumor from a friend a month back that Tulsi was receiving money from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from India - the same one as Modi, the prime minister of India.

Although it does appear that she has a of bots supporting her online, similar to the Russian ones that support Trump.

Not only has Tulsi been appearing on Fox News but also the Rising the Hill with Krystal Ball and they also appeared to be against impeachment inquiry (she eventually flipped flop on this because she is getting primaried ). She was also telegraphing an attack at Warren in that interview which Warren did a good job at defusing. And now Tulsi is claiming the election is rigged because CNN went to a commercial when Tulsi was trying to attack Warren. I think Tulsi very well could have been trying to position herself as a VP for either Biden or Sanders, especially since she attacked Kamala Harris out of nowhere. Although she does seem pretty toxic and I doubt either one would choose her.

And it just came to me that Hillary Clinton is probably upset with Tulsi because in the debates she took out Harris. The connection is that Kamala's sister, Maya, was one of the leads in charge of the Hillary Clinton campaign and is also serving as the campaign chairwoman for Hillary Clinton. Tulsi also served as the vice chair of the DNC, and chose to withdraw because she felt that the DNC was rigged. BTW, Tulsi's position of the DNC being rigged was also said to be true by Elizabeth Warren.

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#1907 » by TGW » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:
TGW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn! it really is STD.

I will say that if Hillary has inside info on Gabbard wanting to run as a 3rd party candidate, then good for HRC for getting this out there.

Damn! You really are an idiot.

Read on Twitter

Oh, but let me guess...Van Jones is a russian asset too, right.

You Democrats are just as moronic as Trump supporters.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#1908 » by pancakes3 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:04 pm

there's no picking sides on this one. both are in the wrong. there used to be a time where voters complained about politicians across the board. now there's an instinct to pick sides when politicians squabble between themselves.

clinton is irrelevant and 1% gabbard is too. why even pay them any mind? even if gabbard was a russian asset, they backed a dud of a candidate. who cares? let the watchdogs monitor the situation, life's too short.
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 pm

TGW wrote:
Doug_Blew wrote:
TGW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn! it really is STD.

I will say that if Hillary has inside info on Gabbard wanting to run as a 3rd party candidate, then good for HRC for getting this out there.

Read on Twitter

Oh, but let me guess...Van Jones is a russian asset too, right.

Van's not a Russian asset.

I just don't hold his opinion in high regard due to some his past statements.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1910 » by dobrojim » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 pm

doclinkin wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
I think he would skip the country and try to foment civil war if it were headed in that direction. He's not going to go away quietly no matter what.

You raise an interesting possibility re skipping the country. Can you imagine if he were to
skip the country hypothetically say for Moscow in Air Force One?

One wonders what measures might be under consideration by intelligence/law enforcement
now or going forward that would ensure that this could not happen.

With the nuclear football...

That said yeah, um, he can’t actually fly the plane. You’d hope the pilot would simply say no.

Are we sure that he couldn't find a toady to do that? I wish I could be more confident but
hopefully you're right. Yeah, the nuclear football. Can you imagine?
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1911 » by dobrojim » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Kanyewest wrote:I heard a rumor from a friend a month back that Tulsi was receiving money from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from India - the same one as Modi, the prime minister of India.

Although it does appear that she has a of bots supporting her online, similar to the Russian ones that support Trump.

Not only has Tulsi been appearing on Fox News but also the Rising the Hill with Krystal Ball and they also appeared to be against impeachment inquiry (she eventually flipped flop on this because she is getting primaried ). She was also telegraphing an attack at Warren in that interview which Warren did a good job at defusing. And now Tulsi is claiming the election is rigged because CNN went to a commercial when Tulsi was trying to attack Warren. I think Tulsi very well could have been trying to position herself as a VP for either Biden or Sanders, especially since she attacked Kamala Harris out of nowhere. Although she does seem pretty toxic and I doubt either one would choose her.

And it just came to me that Hillary Clinton is probably upset with Tulsi because in the debates she took out Harris. The connection is that Kamala's sister, Maya, was one of the leads in charge of the Hillary Clinton campaign and is also serving as the campaign chairwoman for Hillary Clinton. Tulsi also served as the vice chair of the DNC, and chose to withdraw because she felt that the DNC was rigged. BTW, Tulsi's position of the DNC being rigged was also said to be true by Elizabeth Warren.

I'm a bit confused about Tulsi. I have a good friend, very smart/liberal/antiwar who likes her.
I generally trust his opinions.

I hear this Syria stuff ie she likes Assad and wonder if that's a smear. IDK.

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1912 » by FAH1223 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1913 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1914 » by gtn130 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:37 am

pancakes3 wrote:there's no picking sides on this one. both are in the wrong. there used to be a time where voters complained about politicians across the board. now there's an instinct to pick sides when politicians squabble between themselves.

clinton is irrelevant and 1% gabbard is too. why even pay them any mind? even if gabbard was a russian asset, they backed a dud of a candidate. who cares? let the watchdogs monitor the situation, life's too short.

I mean I agree - both of them can **** off. If Tulsi plans to be the next Jill Stein, though, it could be a problem.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1915 » by Kanyewest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 am

gtn130 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:there's no picking sides on this one. both are in the wrong. there used to be a time where voters complained about politicians across the board. now there's an instinct to pick sides when politicians squabble between themselves.

I mean I agree - both of them can **** off. If Tulsi plans to be the next Jill Stein, though, it could be a problem.

I mean Tulsi did endorse Clinton over Trump in 2016. It would certainly be a weird trajectory for her not to support the next nominee.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1916 » by Kanyewest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:45 am

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1917 » by montestewart » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:
Doug_Blew wrote:
Damn! it really is STD.

Van's not a Russian asset.

I just don't hold his opinion in high regard due to some his past statements.

Doug Blew insults TGW, TGW insults all Democrats, Wizpride gets it back on course. This thread just monitors itself. Well done, team!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1918 » by montestewart » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Kanyewest wrote:No more G7 at Doral
https://apnews.com/d3a7b2d762c9472c8eeec811f33afc47

Putin had finally had enough?
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1919 » by dobrojim » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Putin wants it in Moscow or St Pete. He ain't makin' nothing if it's at Doral.

Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1920 » by Wizardspride » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:01 pm

She wasn't wrong......

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards