Shams: Wizards trade Howard to Memphis for CJ Miles

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Re: Shams: Wizards trade Howard to Memphis for CJ Miles 

Post#121 » by nate33 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:03 pm

WallToWall wrote:ESPN: Wizards' Miles set to undergo left foot surgery.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27256716/wizards-miles-set-undergo-left-foot-surgery

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I don't know of this is another #soWizards moment, or if this is actually a sign that our top notch medical staff is proactively and preemptively addressing a potential problem. Tommy Sheppard was bragging up and down to Woj about our medical and training staff being among the best. If this was a problem that went undiagnosed by Charlotte but discovered by our team, it might help get the word out to the league that the Wizards' take care of their players.

The other question I have is, was this discovered during the mandatory physical when Howard was traded for CJ? If so, why did we go through with the trade? I assume the trade is fully consummated and can't be undone at this point.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#122 » by WallToWall » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm

I was thinking the same. Is this the new medical staff being proactive? Are they already in place? Or is this another face-palm moment?
nate33 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27256716/wizards-miles-set-undergo-left-foot-surgery

I don't know of this is another #soWizards moment, or if this is actually a sign that our top notch medical staff is proactively and preemptively addressing a potential problem. Tommy Sheppard was bragging up and down to Woj about our medical and training staff being among the best. If this was a problem that went undiagnosed by Charlotte but discovered by our team, it might help get the word out to the league that the Wizards' take care of their players.

The other question I have is, was this discovered during the mandatory physical when Howard was traded for CJ? If so, why did we go through with the trade? I assume the trade is fully consummated and can't be undone at this point.

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#123 » by closg00 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Not that is matters this season, but WTF does this happen to us?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#124 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:25 pm

nate33 wrote:

The medical staff is headed by Tony Medina is from the 76ers which seemed to either encounter a lot of bad luck or mishandled Markelle Fultz. They also had the streak of having rookie players missing a good portion or their entire rookie season including Noel, Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, and Zhaire Smith. Although I suppose Medina was only there from 2017.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#125 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:48 am

CJ Miles, Isaiah Thomas, Mahinmi, Ish Smith, McRae, are essentially irrelevant.

The focus this season is the foundational pieces. Beal's continued progression to becoming a top tier player in the league. The development and establishment of Rui, TBJ, Bryant as NBA starters. The addition of Bertans and finding if he fits here long term. The development of Admiral, Robinson, Bonga, Wagner, Matthews, Jones into NBA players who can contribute and find their roles and fit on this team.

This season should be all about development for the long term, not wins and losses. In fact the more losses the better our chances at adding another high draft pick. Play the young guys, focus on the guys who will still be here 2 years from now.I

The other focus point is John Wall's rehab with the ultimate goal him becoming movable.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith

Return to Washington Wizards