payitforward wrote:Frichuela wrote:DCZards wrote:I feel ya! The Zards need to get a LOT better in those areas you point out.
It's nice to have excellent guards and wings and outside shooting big men like Bryant, but until the Zards get better at rebounding, rim protection and overall D we will continue to get punked in the paint and on the boards.
Okongwu would be my first choice but I would not be disappointed at all if the Zards end up drafting Achiuwa at 9. It’s no more of a stretch drafting Precious at 9 than it would be drafting Vassell or Haliburton.
Agreed on Okongwu.
On Achiuwa, I wonder if it's best they pick the best available wing at #9 (provided Okongwu is gone) and choose a Paul Reed at #37.
Even better, we trade back with Pelicans, Boston or the Nets and get:
1) Hart +#13 (Sadiq Bey/Nesmith?) for #9. At #37 pick Paul Reed.
2) #14 (Sadiq Bey/Nesmith?) + #26 (Tillman) for #9. At #37 pick the best available guard (Flynn/Riller/Winston/Pritchard). FYI- I think Tillman will be picked in the 1st round.
3) #19 (Tyrell Terry) + Jarrett Allen + Temple (TO) for #9 + Bryant. At #37 pick Paul Reed.
Without being certain I'd make the same picks you mention, any of these moves beats picking Achiuwa with the #9 pick:
1. Your first one would almost certainly get us Achiuwa anyway -- if there weren't someone better at #13.
2. Your 2d, with Boston, would be a steal -- I'm not sure they'd give us #14 & #26 for #9 -- that's a bit much to move 5 spots. But... it's possible -- could be made to work.
3. I don't think I'd pick Tyrell Terry in that scenario... just don't think there's enough data to justify it.
Tyrell Terry is another great 3 point shootist in this draft. He's small, but no smaller that Lillard. I'm not saying he's the next Lillard, but he could be close to him. Will that size make him an injury risk? I don't know. And yes, that was me asking myself a question and answering it - if saying I don't know counts as an answer. I have him going between 15 and 20.