ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui Hachimura

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

prime1time
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 790
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1201 » by prime1time » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:23 pm

TGW wrote:I'm still not seeing the Kawhi similarities. Maybe it's the build and the low arching trajectory on the jumpshot, but other than that, they aren't similar.

Maybe if Rui had Duncan and Pop to help with development, but right now he's just a mediocre basketball player overall.***

***note: I like Rui and think he's a good kid. I think he can be good.

You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.
User avatar
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,482
And1: 1,666
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/
Contact:

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1202 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:35 pm

I really don't see the Kawhi comps. It also barely makes sense to compare prospects to outlier players (which is why it's always so hilarious to see teams talking about drafting the 'next giannis/steph/jokic' after they break out.

Rui strikes me more as a Antwan Jamison / Jabari Parker type of player.
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/perkinsfor3.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 41,061
And1: 6,909
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1203 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:43 pm

I wish I saw something similar with Rui and Kawhi - I don't - on either side of the court. Interesting comment by Beal during the broadcast - he's convinced that Rui ends up a 3 rather than a 4. That surprised me in today's smallball era - especially with Rui looking a little bigger and stronger. I think the key for Rui is to become - not just a good percentage 3 point shooter - but a high volume 3 point shooter. Being a good mid-range shooter in today's game is not enough.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,751
And1: 1,901
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1204 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:33 pm

DCZards wrote:I totally agree that the Zards need better rebounding and interior D. So we’re on the same page there. We’re also on the same page when it comes to Okongwu. He's the guy you want if you’re the Zards.

Unfortunately, it looks O will be gone before the Zards pick. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going in the 4-6 range. Although, NBADraft has him going at 8…one pick before where the Zards are slated to draft at this point.


True but recall that the Lotto has altered so that now we have a 20% chance to jump into the top 4 (instead of a lesser chance, but for the top 3). Granted the math is against us. But a one in five chance at the top 4 still gives us room to dream.

A topic for another thread, but I'd like to see everyone's Top 4 list.

Okay for this thread, 'What is your Top 4 List that helps build chemistry if Rui is a starter for this team?'
MDStar
Junior
Posts: 484
And1: 47
Joined: Oct 22, 2003
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1205 » by MDStar » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:16 pm

doclinkin wrote:
DCZards wrote:I totally agree that the Zards need better rebounding and interior D. So we’re on the same page there. We’re also on the same page when it comes to Okongwu. He's the guy you want if you’re the Zards.

Unfortunately, it looks O will be gone before the Zards pick. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going in the 4-6 range. Although, NBADraft has him going at 8…one pick before where the Zards are slated to draft at this point.


True but recall that the Lotto has altered so that now we have a 20% chance to jump into the top 4 (instead of a lesser chance, but for the top 3). Granted the math is against us. But a one in five chance at the top 4 still gives us room to dream.

A topic for another thread, but I'd like to see everyone's Top 4 list.

Okay for this thread, 'What is your Top 4 List that helps build chemistry if Rui is a starter for this team?'


Wouldn't Wiseman be the best front court mate for Riu?
Summer 2019 - New Beginnings for the Wizards. Let's hope the next 14 years go by better than the last!
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,751
And1: 1,901
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1206 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:27 pm

MDStar wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Okay for this thread, 'What is your Top 4 List that helps build chemistry if Rui is a starter for this team?'


Wouldn't Wiseman be the best front court mate for Riu?


Hardware yes. Software I dunno. We have a limited track record on him but if you search his lowlights in the games he played he seems to be a bit behind the curve as well. Some part of talent is instinct and cunning. Not just length and athleticism. I get the feeling Wiseman will be a foul machine early while he figures things out. Also he is more of a traditional center in defense etc, but in todays NBA that is not necessarily the archetype you want. Okongwu has the lateral shiftiness that has proven key in whether you can keep a Big Man on the floor. Can they both defend the perimeter and the interior? If so then that is what you are looking for. Nowadays I rate college Bigs by their steal and assist rates, which seem to indicate whether they can translate to the next level more so than blocks. Defensive rebounds do seem to translate as well. Where offensive boards can often be a 'big fish small pond' scenario.

I mean the guy running the video is brutal in this one, but still if you look at the games he did play you can see there were a number of plays per game where he looked like a freshman with a serious learning curve.


So yeah, on potential he looks great. But in today's NBA he may not get the reps to develop that potential quickly. And with Rui next to him you'd have a few guys out there putting the 'mental' in developmental.
DCZards
General Manager
Posts: 7,836
And1: 2,237
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Location: The Streets of DC

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1207 » by DCZards » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:52 pm

MDStar wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
DCZards wrote:I totally agree that the Zards need better rebounding and interior D. So we’re on the same page there. We’re also on the same page when it comes to Okongwu. He's the guy you want if you’re the Zards.

Unfortunately, it looks O will be gone before the Zards pick. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going in the 4-6 range. Although, NBADraft has him going at 8…one pick before where the Zards are slated to draft at this point.


True but recall that the Lotto has altered so that now we have a 20% chance to jump into the top 4 (instead of a lesser chance, but for the top 3). Granted the math is against us. But a one in five chance at the top 4 still gives us room to dream.

A topic for another thread, but I'd like to see everyone's Top 4 list.

Okay for this thread, 'What is your Top 4 List that helps build chemistry if Rui is a starter for this team?'


Wouldn't Wiseman be the best front court mate for Riu?


I had not brought up Wiseman because I'm pretty certain he's going on the top 4 picks. Though I could be wrong about that. Doc does a good analysis of Wiseman and where he comes up short. From the little I've seen of him there's definitely a learning curve and he's been dinged for not always displaying enough effort or a love for the game. Those are real concerns.

On the other hand, Wiseman has a tremendous upside. He's already very skilled for a big man and has the physical tools to be an impact player on both ends of the court. His ceiling is much higher than Okongwu's, imo. If given the option, I would probably take the risk and draft him over O.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 26,946
And1: 1,407
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
     

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1208 » by miller31time » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:02 pm

Rui just will NOT. SHOOT. OPEN. 3s.

It’s so frustrating.
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,588
And1: 4,599
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1209 » by JWizmentality » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:31 pm

miller31time wrote:Rui just will NOT. SHOOT. OPEN. 3s.

It’s so frustrating.


He's got a little Otto in him. By which I mean someone needs to punch him.
prime1time
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 790
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1210 » by prime1time » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:45 pm

miller31time wrote:Rui just will NOT. SHOOT. OPEN. 3s.

It’s so frustrating.

Not that frustrating. There's worse things in the world. Let's take a step back and put it in perspective. He's not Ben Simmons. He's working on them. Everyone says he's improving. Some times, you just have to accept that things take time. With practices comes confidence, with confidence, comes more in-game attempts. We are not competing for anything right now. Now if next or two years from now we have the same problem then I'd be concerned. But right now? Not really. The Wiz lose that game regardless of Rui's shot selection. Also of note is that Rui got 6 assists which is a career-high...
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,127
And1: 4,357
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1211 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:00 am

prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:I'm still not seeing the Kawhi similarities. Maybe it's the build and the low arching trajectory on the jumpshot, but other than that, they aren't similar.

Maybe if Rui had Duncan and Pop to help with development, but right now he's just a mediocre basketball player overall.***

***note: I like Rui and think he's a good kid. I think he can be good.

You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.

Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,127
And1: 4,357
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1212 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:03 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:...It... barely makes sense to compare prospects to outlier players (which is why it's always so hilarious to see teams talking about drafting the 'next giannis/steph/jokic' after they break out...

Common sense & a breath of fresh air.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 41,061
And1: 6,909
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1213 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:20 pm

There really can't be a next Kawhi, because he was the perfect storm of physical abilities, skills, playing with Tim Duncan, being coached by Pop in his formative years, and being nurtured by everything else about those SA teams.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,751
And1: 1,901
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1214 » by doclinkin » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:05 pm

Scouts who cited Kawhi as a comparo were talking about his measurements (strength for size, giant hands) and offensive game (midrange proficiency). Kawhi and his 'Rainman' savant focus on basketball figured out in highschool that defense and rebounding were going to be the thing that he could hang his hat on. 'Boardman gets paid'. (I honestly think Kawhi is on the autism spectrum. And I think it is pretty cool that he has found the thing he does that makes this cool for him).

I'm fine with the comparison insasmuch as it pleases Rui, who needs a role model to emulate on the defensive end. If he can obsessively study film on what makes Kawhi great on this end and approximate even a decent percentage of that, well then he will shore up his greatest weaknesses as a player.
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,566
And1: 3,311
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1215 » by TGW » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:15 pm

payitforward wrote:
prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:I'm still not seeing the Kawhi similarities. Maybe it's the build and the low arching trajectory on the jumpshot, but other than that, they aren't similar.

Maybe if Rui had Duncan and Pop to help with development, but right now he's just a mediocre basketball player overall.***

***note: I like Rui and think he's a good kid. I think he can be good.

You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.

Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!


Yea, I'm not sure why I got that response...I actually do like and actively root for Rui. Like I said, he's easy to root for because he's a good kid, BUT he needs a lot of work on his game.

I hate to mention that other person who shall not be named, but I think Rui should take notes on unsaid player. Some of Rui's problem is that he doesn't get the easy hoops. Much of his offense comes from contested midrange shots and shots in the paint. Instead of getting easy garbage buckets from running the floor hard, moving without the ball, and diving to the basket on PnPs, he often settles for one-on-one (or two, or three) hero ball. There's nothing wrong with garbage buckets...I wish the coaching staff would tell him that. A little trash removal turns those 4-12 shooting nights into a 7-12 shooting night.

On a positive note, I am really digging Rui's ast/to ratio. It's very good, considering how much he handles the ball.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
prime1time
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 790
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1216 » by prime1time » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:33 pm

payitforward wrote:
prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:I'm still not seeing the Kawhi similarities. Maybe it's the build and the low arching trajectory on the jumpshot, but other than that, they aren't similar.

Maybe if Rui had Duncan and Pop to help with development, but right now he's just a mediocre basketball player overall.***

***note: I like Rui and think he's a good kid. I think he can be good.

You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.

Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!

Can't take anything you write about Rui seriously. You have clearly expressed your disdain for him, since the moment he was drafted. Maybe other people do, but not everyone wants to come to a thread on their teams board and read disparaging comments about a player.
prime1time
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,468
And1: 790
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1217 » by prime1time » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:43 pm

TGW wrote:
payitforward wrote:
prime1time wrote:You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.

Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!


Yea, I'm not sure why I got that response...I actually do like and actively root for Rui. Like I said, he's easy to root for because he's a good kid, BUT he needs a lot of work on his game.

I hate to mention that other person who shall not be named, but I think Rui should take notes on unsaid player. Some of Rui's problem is that he doesn't get the easy hoops. Much of his offense comes from contested midrange shots and shots in the paint. Instead of getting easy garbage buckets from running the floor hard, moving without the ball, and diving to the basket on PnPs, he often settles for one-on-one (or two, or three) hero ball. There's nothing wrong with garbage buckets...I wish the coaching staff would tell him that. A little trash removal turns those 4-12 shooting nights into a 7-12 shooting night.

On a positive note, I am really digging Rui's ast/to ratio. It's very good, considering how much he handles the ball.

This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Now none of this means that he'll become Kawhi. Kawhi has an amazing growth curve. But it does mean that comments that are simply disparaging and nothing else will be pointed out. Not because anything you have posted personally, but because other people in this same thread have made it a point to constantly remind everyone else that Rui was unworthy of being picked and he's not as good as Brandon Clarke. To be honest, we should probably rename the thread Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke...

P.S. Apologies if for reading too much into your comment
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,588
And1: 4,599
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1218 » by JWizmentality » Wed Aug 5, 2020 5:14 pm

prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:
payitforward wrote:Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!


Yea, I'm not sure why I got that response...I actually do like and actively root for Rui. Like I said, he's easy to root for because he's a good kid, BUT he needs a lot of work on his game.

I hate to mention that other person who shall not be named, but I think Rui should take notes on unsaid player. Some of Rui's problem is that he doesn't get the easy hoops. Much of his offense comes from contested midrange shots and shots in the paint. Instead of getting easy garbage buckets from running the floor hard, moving without the ball, and diving to the basket on PnPs, he often settles for one-on-one (or two, or three) hero ball. There's nothing wrong with garbage buckets...I wish the coaching staff would tell him that. A little trash removal turns those 4-12 shooting nights into a 7-12 shooting night.

On a positive note, I am really digging Rui's ast/to ratio. It's very good, considering how much he handles the ball.

This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Now none of this means that he'll become Kawhi. Kawhi has an amazing growth curve. But it does mean that comments that are simply disparaging and nothing else will be pointed out. Not because anything you have posted personally, but because other people in this same thread have made it a point to constantly remind everyone else that Rui was unworthy of being picked and he's not as good as Brandon Clarke. To be honest, we should probably rename the thread Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke...

P.S. Apologies if for reading too much into your comment


This 10000% You would think Rui was 5 years into his NBA career. We weren't even 2 months in before we had a trade Rui movement in the trade thread. His flaws are ridiculously magnified like no other rookie I've seen on this board. And this is a kid that will make the All rookie team.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,127
And1: 4,357
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1219 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:28 pm

prime1time wrote:
payitforward wrote:
prime1time wrote:You don’t see them because you are focused on what Kawhi became. Look at old Kawhi tape offensively very similar. Also, not sure why you feel the need to throw shade at Rui. Kind of bizarre.

Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!

Can't take anything you write about Rui seriously. You have clearly expressed your disdain for him, since the moment he was drafted. Maybe other people do, but not everyone wants to come to a thread on their teams board and read disparaging comments about a player.

More of the same. & sad. I don't have disdain for Rui in the slightest. I've said repeatedly that he has a shot to be an outstanding NBA player. I still think that. & I certainly "like" him -- how not? He's a terrific kid -- & hope he does develop into a good NBA player.

Was he a good pick at #9 in the 2019 draft? No.
Has he been a good player so far? No.
(In fairness, only the best rookies are good their first year, so the latter wasn't to be expected.)

Are those "disparaging comments?" Am I "throwing shade at Rui?"

Most simply: do you understand that "Rui Hachimura was not a good draft pick at #9" is not similar in any way to "Rui Hachimura is & always will be a bad player?"

Straight up: do you really think those two statements are the same... or even closely related?
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,127
And1: 4,357
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1220 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:29 pm

prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:
payitforward wrote:Here we have the essential Rui-wackiness in just a few lines:

1. Rui is like Kawhi before he was good. Therefore he's "like Kawhi."
2. "I like Rui.... I think he can be good" is an example of "throw(ing) shade at Rui."

Good god...!


Yea, I'm not sure why I got that response...I actually do like and actively root for Rui. Like I said, he's easy to root for because he's a good kid, BUT he needs a lot of work on his game.

I hate to mention that other person who shall not be named, but I think Rui should take notes on unsaid player. Some of Rui's problem is that he doesn't get the easy hoops. Much of his offense comes from contested midrange shots and shots in the paint. Instead of getting easy garbage buckets from running the floor hard, moving without the ball, and diving to the basket on PnPs, he often settles for one-on-one (or two, or three) hero ball. There's nothing wrong with garbage buckets...I wish the coaching staff would tell him that. A little trash removal turns those 4-12 shooting nights into a 7-12 shooting night.

On a positive note, I am really digging Rui's ast/to ratio. It's very good, considering how much he handles the ball.

This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Now none of this means that he'll become Kawhi. Kawhi has an amazing growth curve. But it does mean that comments that are simply disparaging and nothing else will be pointed out. Not because anything you have posted personally, but because other people in this same thread have made it a point to constantly remind everyone else that Rui was unworthy of being picked and he's not as good as Brandon Clarke. To be honest, we should probably rename the thread Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke...

P.S. Apologies if for reading too much into your comment

On the reasonable assumption that I am the "other people" you mean:

When's the last time I wrote anything about Brandon Clarke? Other people do bring him up -- you just did, for example.
When did I say rui Hachimura was "unworthy of being picked?"
I don't think you can find an observation of mine about Rui that is "simply disparaging and nothing else."

Rui isn't in need of your defense. He can make himself felt on the court. When he does that at a high level, I point it out. As I did about his rebounding for example.

More importantly, you are totally correct that most rookies are mediocre (as I pointed out a moment ago). & you are no doubt right as well that Rui's overall rookie numbers would look better if he hadn't shot as much. & it's worth pointing out that he got to the line a fair amount for a rookie & shot over 83% on his FTs.

Moreover, if he does wind up a 3 rather than a 4 that might itself increase the likelihood of his becoming the outstanding player every Wizards fan would like him to be: his rookie numbers look much more like those of a good NBA wing than a good NBA PF.

So maybe we can put this stuff behind us, primetime, what do you say? Rui is going to be what he's going to be, & if he ever becomes a player who really is like Kawhi (even if not as great as Kawhi), then I'll be absolutely willing -- eager! -- to take heat for having been wrong about him.

I don't have any trouble recognizing when a player, Rui or anyone, is "good." I don't have any trouble, either, recognizing when I'm wrong.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.

Return to Washington Wizards