ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui Hachimura

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,174
And1: 8,883
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1881 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Since the beginning of 2020, Bell has been traded 3 times, waived 3 times, and signed 4 times - including the 10 day contract he signed on April 14th.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 22,580
And1: 9,469
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1882 » by dckingsfan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:57 pm

DCZards wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:It's a amazing how a guy who was so dominant in his league just a few weeks ago is suddenly totally unwilling to shoot at the NBA level. You would think a guy who can average 23 points while shooting 85% on free throws, would be willing to take an open jumper if available, but Bell turns them all down.

I'm not sure if he should be praised because he shows remarkable discipline to recognize his weaknesses relative to the superior talent of the NBA, or if he should be denigrated for having no confidence whatsoever.

Lots of good points in this thread.

Either way (with respect to Bell)... he isn't ready for the NBA right now (IMO), he is still lost out there.

Bell is in his fourth NBA season and is more ready/aware than younger guys like Rui, Deni and Bonga.

Bell was a solid off-the-bench contributor on a 2017-18 Warriors team that won the championship.

He may be in his fourth season but he isn't more aware than those three (IMO). Which is kind of an indictment. And he has become progressively worse year over year. Another indictment. It could be that he has lost all confidence - I don't know.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 47,806
And1: 6,318
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1883 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:Since the beginning of 2020, Bell has been traded 3 times, waived 3 times, and signed 4 times - including the 10 day contract he signed on April 14th.


Offense is overvalued. Defense is overlooked most of the time.

Guys like Bell, Khem Birch, and Nerlens Noel need to be surrounded be offensive-minded, high-usage players.

Ben Wallace was traded and virtually waived, too, before the Pistons part of his career.
I think they should Trade Beal

(Spoken in desperate frustration)
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,174
And1: 8,883
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1884 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Since the beginning of 2020, Bell has been traded 3 times, waived 3 times, and signed 4 times - including the 10 day contract he signed on April 14th.


Offense is overvalued. Defense is overlooked most of the time.

Guys like Bell, Khem Birch, and Nerlens Noel need to be surrounded be offensive-minded, high-usage players.

Ben Wallace was traded and virtually waived, too, before the Pistons part of his career.

That may have been the single worst trade in NBA history. I'd like to here Tim Legler's opinion. He probably thinks of it as the Tim Legler trade. :)
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 47,806
And1: 6,318
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1885 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
With a lineup consisting of Westbrook, Beal, Avdija, Bell, and Gafford, this would be the best lineup the Wizards have had in over 20 seasons.

Take Bell out of the equation and I am right there with you :D

The good sign about Bell is that he played great in the G League - granted only 7 games at 27.7 minutes per game. he made 54 of his 67 FGA's (80.6%!) and 52 of 61 FTA's (85.2%). His per 36 numbers were 23.1 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.8 blocks, and 1.7 steals - with to's being the negative - 4.5. A PER of 31.8. Just 192 minutes - but enough to show there could be some there there. Heck, if he can just hit foul line jumpers at that rate, give him some playing time, because we know he can play defense.


How about Beal, Westbrook, Bertans, Bell, and Gafford?
I think they should Trade Beal

(Spoken in desperate frustration)
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 47,806
And1: 6,318
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1886 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Since the beginning of 2020, Bell has been traded 3 times, waived 3 times, and signed 4 times - including the 10 day contract he signed on April 14th.


Offense is overvalued. Defense is overlooked most of the time.

Guys like Bell, Khem Birch, and Nerlens Noel need to be surrounded be offensive-minded, high-usage players.

Ben Wallace was traded and virtually waived, too, before the Pistons part of his career.

That may have been the single worst trade in NBA history. I'd like to here Tim Legler's opinion. He probably thinks of it as the Tim Legler trade. :)


I was greatly angered for sure when that foolishness went down. I recall posting on AOL about Ike Austin being statistically THE WORST player in terms of points per field goal attempt; while Ben Wallace was a freakish rebounder and shot blocker. Some idiot thought size and Austin’s anomalous contract year numbers made him the prize.

Legler being thrown in made it that much worse.
I think they should Trade Beal

(Spoken in desperate frustration)
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 47,806
And1: 6,318
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1887 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:00 pm

As bad as it was it was nowhere near as bad as Richmond and Thorpe for C Webb. The worst trade in Washington history. Bar none.

And it wasn’t as bad as Randy Foye and Mike Miller for what could’ve been Steph Curry. I was disgusted the day when that happened. Both in contract years. Yuk!
I think they should Trade Beal

(Spoken in desperate frustration)
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,174
And1: 8,883
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1888 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Take Bell out of the equation and I am right there with you :D

The good sign about Bell is that he played great in the G League - granted only 7 games at 27.7 minutes per game. he made 54 of his 67 FGA's (80.6%!) and 52 of 61 FTA's (85.2%). His per 36 numbers were 23.1 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.8 blocks, and 1.7 steals - with to's being the negative - 4.5. A PER of 31.8. Just 192 minutes - but enough to show there could be some there there. Heck, if he can just hit foul line jumpers at that rate, give him some playing time, because we know he can play defense.


How about Beal, Westbrook, Bertans, Bell, and Gafford?

I like the interior defense. Other teams would pack in a zone against the Wiz, because we'd have only 2 guys who can hit 3's, and Beal's been going downhill there. That'd make it harder for Westbrook and Beal to drive the lane.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 59,696
And1: 12,382
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1889 » by nate33 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Take Bell out of the equation and I am right there with you :D

The good sign about Bell is that he played great in the G League - granted only 7 games at 27.7 minutes per game. he made 54 of his 67 FGA's (80.6%!) and 52 of 61 FTA's (85.2%). His per 36 numbers were 23.1 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.8 blocks, and 1.7 steals - with to's being the negative - 4.5. A PER of 31.8. Just 192 minutes - but enough to show there could be some there there. Heck, if he can just hit foul line jumpers at that rate, give him some playing time, because we know he can play defense.


How about Beal, Westbrook, Bertans, Bell, and Gafford?

I'd be okay with that if Bertans is back and Hachimura is out. With Beal and Westbrook playing iso ball together, you may as well surround them with shooters (Bertans) and offensive rebounders (Bell and Gafford). They're not going to be getting any touches anyhow.

I'd still want Avdija to get more minutes than Bell, but it might make more sense for Avdija to play in the 2nd unit when one of Beal/Westbrook sits so there is more opportunity for playmaking. Likewise, Lopez is better off on the 2nd unit where they sometimes need an actual shot creator at center rather than merely a roll man.
BearlyBallin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,294
And1: 443
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1890 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I want this on a poster.
:o :nod:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,660
And1: 4,676
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1891 » by JWizmentality » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:51 am

You can see the exact moment his soul left his body.
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,646
And1: 2,814
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1892 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Read on Twitter


RUIned him. Funny: I didn't see that when he went up Rui absolutely mushed AD in the face like "siddown, son". Big brothered him with the stiff arm to the face.

I bitched early in the year about him taking shots and developmental possessions for young players, but I think Russell Westbrook is the best thing that could have happened for Hachi's development. Rui learns by observation and here he learns to be intense and attack and be scared of no man. It's cool to see the quiet nice kid raise his game to match his physical potential.
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 22,106
And1: 5,480
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1893 » by Dat2U » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:10 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Read on Twitter


RUIned him. Funny: I didn't see that when he went up Rui absolutely mushed AD in the face like "siddown, son". Big brothered him with the stiff arm to the face.


The best thing about the dunk was that we didn't have that cornball Justin yelling 'Konichiwa!' to ruin the moment.
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,646
And1: 2,814
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1894 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:21 pm

Dat2U wrote:The best thing about the dunk was that we didn't have that cornball Justin yelling 'Konichiwa!' to ruin the moment.


The F'n worst. Actually worse is when he goes "SHABAT SHALOM" whenever Deni does anything.
BearlyBallin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,294
And1: 443
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1895 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

These pictures look better every time I look at them.
:lol:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Frichuela
Rookie
Posts: 1,009
And1: 567
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1896 » by Frichuela » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:25 pm

Dat2U wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Read on Twitter


RUIned him. Funny: I didn't see that when he went up Rui absolutely mushed AD in the face like "siddown, son". Big brothered him with the stiff arm to the face.


The best thing about the dunk was that we didn't have that cornball Justin yelling 'Konichiwa!' to ruin the moment.


Aye aye sir :nod: :lol:
badinage
Pro Prospect
Posts: 801
And1: 160
Joined: May 09, 2002

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1897 » by badinage » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:10 pm

Domo Arigato!

(C’mon, someone needs to pick up the slack.)
BearlyBallin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,294
And1: 443
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1898 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:50 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Read on Twitter


RUIned him. Funny: I didn't see that when he went up Rui absolutely mushed AD in the face like "siddown, son". Big brothered him with the stiff arm to the face.

I bitched early in the year about him taking shots and developmental possessions for young players, but I think Russell Westbrook is the best thing that could have happened for Hachi's development. Rui learns by observation and here he learns to be intense and attack and be scared of no man. It's cool to see the quiet nice kid raise his game to match his physical potential.


Read on Twitter
?s=20

You can really see the forearm face rake in slow motion here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
prime1time
Starter
Posts: 2,449
And1: 1,283
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1899 » by prime1time » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Read on Twitter


RUIned him. Funny: I didn't see that when he went up Rui absolutely mushed AD in the face like "siddown, son". Big brothered him with the stiff arm to the face.

I bitched early in the year about him taking shots and developmental possessions for young players, but I think Russell Westbrook is the best thing that could have happened for Hachi's development. Rui learns by observation and here he learns to be intense and attack and be scared of no man. It's cool to see the quiet nice kid raise his game to match his physical potential.


Read on Twitter
?s=20

You can really see the forearm face rake in slow motion here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clear offensive foul, but the NBA isn't going to call that. They want more posterizing dunks.
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 16,086
And1: 5,135
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1900 » by payitforward » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:49 pm

"Looking back... savage" -- what a bunch of nonsense! I'd be willing to bet he was looking back to make sure AD was ok!

Professional sports is rich humans playing a game to entertain people. The teams are not at war.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.

Return to Washington Wizards