Page 2 of 2

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 7, 2019 7:42 pm
by nate33
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


I'm so mad we let him go!

:banghead:

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:47 pm
by JWizmentality
nate33 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


I'm so mad we let him go!

:banghead:


He didn't want to be here. Be mad at Scotty.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 pm
by Kanyewest
Satoransky with 23 points, 9 rebounds, and 13 assists in a loss to Australia.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:51 pm
by Kanyewest
And the US lost today. Have to put a lot of it on Kemba and Pop, who was playing Joe Harris sometimes down the stretch. This would have been a game to not play Kemba as much down the stretch as team USA was able to comeback from down from 10 points to up to 7 with Kemba out of the game. Then with Kemba back in the game, France ended the game up 10 points. Walker and Smart missed 6 free throws in the 4th.

But props to France. They may have exaggerated contact but they played stifling defense led by Rudy Gobert. And Frank the Tank somehow managed to outplay Kemba Walker.

As far as roster construction, it looked like the US missed a good defensive big man. They did cut Bam Abedayo leading up to the World Cup.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:08 pm
by trast66
Kanyewest wrote:And the US lost today. Have to put a lot of it on Kemba and Pop, who was playing Joe Harris sometimes down the stretch. This would have been a game to not play Kemba as much down the stretch as team USA was able to comeback from down from 10 points to up to 7 with Kemba out of the game. Then with Kemba back in the game, France ended the game up 10 points. Walker and Smart missed 6 free throws in the 4th.

But props to France. They may have exaggerated contact but they played stifling defense led by Rudy Gobert. And Frank the Tank somehow managed to outplay Kemba Walker.

As far as roster construction, it looked like the US missed a good defensive big man. They did cut Bam Abedayo leading up to the World Cup.


Agree with all of this. I guess the plan was to go with Kemba no matter what. Lopez was a non-factor the whole tourney. Just not a lot of time to get this team together, and as you say big hole in the roster was a rim protector. France was better.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:00 am
by FAH1223
trast66 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:And the US lost today. Have to put a lot of it on Kemba and Pop, who was playing Joe Harris sometimes down the stretch. This would have been a game to not play Kemba as much down the stretch as team USA was able to comeback from down from 10 points to up to 7 with Kemba out of the game. Then with Kemba back in the game, France ended the game up 10 points. Walker and Smart missed 6 free throws in the 4th.

But props to France. They may have exaggerated contact but they played stifling defense led by Rudy Gobert. And Frank the Tank somehow managed to outplay Kemba Walker.

As far as roster construction, it looked like the US missed a good defensive big man. They did cut Bam Abedayo leading up to the World Cup.


Agree with all of this. I guess the plan was to go with Kemba no matter what. Lopez was a non-factor the whole tourney. Just not a lot of time to get this team together, and as you say big hole in the roster was a rim protector. France was better.


Gobert was amazing. US offense down the stretch was nasty to watch.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm
by trast66
This tournament appears to be peak Tomas Satoransky.

USA was clearly outplayed by Turkey, France, and Serbia. I did not understand Pop's rotations.

I'd prefer to just bring this team back to Olympics with a rim protector instead of our "A" team which would cruise to Gold. Has been a fun Tourney to follow, I'll still watch some even with US out.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 pm
by closg00
closg00 wrote:
The Five Teams That Can Beat Team USA
The U.S. is more vulnerable than it’s been in years. Here are the teams at the 2019 FIBA World Cup with the best chances of taking a game from the Americans.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/8/29/20837355/team-usa-fiba-world-cup


So the U.S. did in-fact lose to two of the teams in the article, Serbia and France. The era of USA World Dominance is over if they don't field a team with more NBA all-stars in the future.

Re: FIBA World Cup 2019

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 am
by JWizmentality
closg00 wrote:
closg00 wrote:
The Five Teams That Can Beat Team USA
The U.S. is more vulnerable than it’s been in years. Here are the teams at the 2019 FIBA World Cup with the best chances of taking a game from the Americans.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/8/29/20837355/team-usa-fiba-world-cup


So the U.S. did in-fact lose to two of the teams in the article, Serbia and France. The era of USA World Dominance is over if they don't field a team with more NBA all-stars in the future.


I thought the US learned this lesson year ago. You can't send a hodgepodge of semi-decent players and expect to win.