ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict the Wizards Record '19-'20 season

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Re: Predict the Wizards Record '19-'20 season 

Post#61 » by WallToWall » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:59 pm

I thought long and hard about this. Poured over preseason stats, stats from past seasons, looked at team play, coaching, and even talked to sages, and knowledgeable nba predictors. Then my dog placed his left foot on 35, so I am going with it.
We will win games that we're not supposed to with the help of IT luck, and just dumb luck. We will loose games by getting killed, so I am expecting some beat downs. But in the end, we will get lucky enough for 35 wins.
Go wizards!

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#62 » by 80sballboy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 pm

I’ll go with 29-53
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#63 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Put me down for 26 wins. It will be fun to watch the youngsters but they are too young and inexperienced.
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 271

Post#64 » by dorianwrite » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:12 am

Sadly, all you poor, deluded fools are temporarily forgetting what it means to be a Wizards fan. You're predicting the number of wins that you want there to be: 25, 26, an obvious low number that will certainly net a high draft pick to help continue our obviously needed rebuild. Pshaw. Here's what will happen:

1. Their band of plucky youngsters, led by Lakers-rejects Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga, turn out to play way above their station and temporarily forget they are supposed to be tanking. Ian Mahinmi even plays useful 5th big man minutes.
2. They win 38 games and beat the Bulls in a tiebreaker that gives them the 8th seed. (Of course, the lotto-bound Bulls win the #1 pick with the numbers that would have gone to the Wizards.)
3. Raining three-pointers game after game, they manage to steal 2 against #1 seed Milwaukee or Philly or Boston, making them look like a Team on the Rise.
4. Tommy Sheppard remembers that he worked for Ernie Grunfeld for years, so he spends their outside-of-the-lottery draft pick on a draft-and-stash Euro player who, because he cannot find tasty enough Lithuanian food in the greater D.C. region, never actually plays in the NBA, and sells their bevy of 2nd round picks for future cash considerations that Ted Leonsis hands over to his bookie.
5. Their Team on the Rise status, coupled with minimal cap flexibility, means that they make no significant free agent moves and send out press releases that say that John Wall's return from career-altering Achilles problems is "like we're adding another 1st round pick."

And that is the beginning of the next decade of Wizards fan futility. Enjoy the season.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#65 » by doclinkin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 am

Hah! A55h*Le. The off-season is the only hope we get. Let us have two more days of grace. Please. :clown:
mrdonut
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#66 » by mrdonut » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am

Can't see Beal playing anywhere near 82 games being our go-to this year.

With that in mind, combined with a bunch of mediocre/trash young guys throwing up bricks each night.

20-62.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#67 » by montestewart » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm

I previously degenerately gambled a prediction of 32.5 wins, but the team has made significant improvements since then. As dorian noted above, this team is "on the rise," so I'll go with 33 wins, low end of mediocrity, bad enough to please Dat and CCJ, just glimmer-of-hope good enough to please doc, with just enough material to keep AFM and PIF going, lots of analysis material for Nate and Nivek, and a few additional pieces of evidence for Hands' perpetual 5 years to championship plan. Something for everyone, there's comedy tonight.

I see I am already listed with a prediction of 12th seed, presumably derived from my response to millertime, but this team is on the rise, so 11th seed, not 12th seed.

Thank you dck for facilitating and managing this thread!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#68 » by payitforward » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm

dorianwrite wrote:Sadly, all you poor, deluded fools are temporarily forgetting what it means to be a Wizards fan. You're predicting the number of wins that you want there to be: 25, 26, an obvious low number that will certainly net a high draft pick to help continue our obviously needed rebuild. Pshaw. Here's what will happen:

1. Their band of plucky youngsters, led by Lakers-rejects Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga, turn out to play way above their station and temporarily forget they are supposed to be tanking. Ian Mahinmi even plays useful 5th big man minutes.
2. They win 38 games and beat the Bulls in a tiebreaker that gives them the 8th seed. (Of course, the lotto-bound Bulls win the #1 pick with the numbers that would have gone to the Wizards.)
3. Raining three-pointers game after game, they manage to steal 2 against #1 seed Milwaukee or Philly or Boston, making them look like a Team on the Rise.
4. Tommy Sheppard remembers that he worked for Ernie Grunfeld for years, so he spends their outside-of-the-lottery draft pick on a draft-and-stash Euro player who, because he cannot find tasty enough Lithuanian food in the greater D.C. region, never actually plays in the NBA, and sells their bevy of 2nd round picks for future cash considerations that Ted Leonsis hands over to his bookie.
5. Their Team on the Rise status, coupled with minimal cap flexibility, means that they make no significant free agent moves and send out press releases that say that John Wall's return from career-altering Achilles problems is "like we're adding another 1st round pick."

And that is the beginning of the next decade of Wizards fan futility. Enjoy the season.

Funny! But... bite your tongue, dude!!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#69 » by FAH1223 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:17 pm

27 wins!
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#70 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 pm

dorianwrite wrote:Sadly, all you poor, deluded fools are temporarily forgetting what it means to be a Wizards fan. You're predicting the number of wins that you want there to be: 25, 26, an obvious low number that will certainly net a high draft pick to help continue our obviously needed rebuild. Pshaw. Here's what will happen:

Gosh, I got chills reading that. Thanks for the trauma, Ernie!
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#71 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Gonna be as optimistic as ever, and say 30 wins. I like my #s ending with zeros (easy to add).
Oh, and 10th seed in the lEastern Conference.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#72 » by Shoe » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Let's get these 35 wins and great lottery karma
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#73 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:55 pm

I’ll say 31 wins.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#74 » by deneem4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 pm

I say 41 lower playoff seed
Beat the 2nd seeded Celtics
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#75 » by deneem4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Plot twist wall returns the last 10 games of the season knocks the dust off in tht spans...goes in as the 8th seed vs the Celtics...n casket game 4 games streak for the sweep

Ernie is gone
Our draft pick is special
And we have 2 veterans on the team...2
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#76 » by payitforward » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 am

Aw come on deneem... how do you define a veteran? I mean... Troy Brown Jr. has more experience than what? 8 of our other guys? :) Positively grizzled!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#77 » by Kanyewest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:36 am

28-54 -12th in the East.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#78 » by queridiculo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Add a 11th place finish to my prediction.
MDStar
Senior
And1: 94

Post#79 » by MDStar » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 pm

I’m predicting a surprising and encouraging 34 wins.
Just let the young boys play! It's truly the only hope at this point.
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#80 » by Endless Loop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:49 pm

I'd fully expect a slow start to the season. Some key players out (and there's not many of them to begin with!), and a bunch of guys who need time to gel. If it's NOT a slow start to the season it would be amazing.

Several of the young players are here based on potential, not achievement. I'm sure that the player development process will be stellar, but you can't work miracles overnight.

On the other hand, there's a good chance, barring a Beal injury, that this team will play .500 ball in the second half of the season.

I predicted 33 wins. 12-29 in the first half, then 21-20 in second half. It'll be like the Nats.... well, almost!

Return to Washington Wizards