Wiz @ 76’ers last preseason game

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,303

Re: Wiz @ 76’ers last preseason game 

Post#61 » by nate33 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:26 am

The Wizards jacked up 37 3-pointers, continuing their trend, this time against a good defense.

If the Wizards can manage to shoot 35-40 3's a night, they're going to win more than 30 games.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#62 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 am

dorianwrite wrote:Even when they don't make the shot, Washington's ball movement is incredible compared to past teams. They really look like they enjoy playing with each other.

Everyone on the court is willing to move the ball when they get it , and set an off-ball screen when they don’t . And that includes the best player in Beal down to the last man on the roster.

Just that aspect alone will help this team play better than expected. They won’t be good (because of rebounding) but I feel pretty confident they can beat the O/U of 26.5 wins
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#63 » by JWizmentality » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 am

gambitx777 wrote:Imo the only way I can be happy with pasecniks is if we cut ian for him.we did not do that. Jamario jones would probably out rebound both by a mile. I don't care for jaylan Jones either but he might grow on me. I'm just annoyed we cut Justin Anderson and jamario jones to to pick up two randos when we could have cut dead weight in Ian miles and It to pick up the same randos
Mojo Amok wrote:
nate33 wrote:It seems like any random tall white guy that Sheppard acquires turns out to be a scoring phenom!

Are we talkin' 'bout Pasečņiks? Cause I feel like we already had the Latvian Lazer and now we added the Latvian Error. Maybe his happy feet issue is just an 'it's my first game' thing, but I'm not painting a mural just yet.

Jaylen Jones, OTOH, looks pretty fluid given the size of his frame. I have some hope for him from what I've seen thus far.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

Id much rather have Jamario and Anderson. The move made no sense. I'm holding this one against Sheppard. It reeks if an Ernie move. Yuck
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#64 » by Mojo Amok » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:31 am

The main takeaway from the game: Sixers are easy prey for the 2020 'Zards. :nod:

I'm jealous of their announcers, though.

New Plan:

Phase 1: Justin Kutcher disappears
Phase 2: Chris Miller fills in
Phase 3: Everyone loves it
Phase 4: Justin Kutcher found in a burlap potato sack outside of Toledo
Phase 5: Profit
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#65 » by nate33 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:35 am

Mojo Amok wrote:The main takeaway from the game: Sixers are easy prey for the 2020 'Zards. :nod:

I'm jealous of their announcers, though.

New Plan:

Phase 1: Justin Kutcher disappears
Phase 2: Chris Miller fills in
Phase 3: Everyone loves it
Phase 4: Justin Kutcher found in a burlap potato sack outside of Toledo
Phase 5: Profit

The Sixers announcers were good.
Illmatic12
RealGM

Post#66 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:44 am

JWizmentality wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Imo the only way I can be happy with pasecniks is if we cut ian for him.we did not do that. Jamario jones would probably out rebound both by a mile. I don't care for jaylan Jones either but he might grow on me. I'm just annoyed we cut Justin Anderson and jamario jones to to pick up two randos when we could have cut dead weight in Ian miles and It to pick up the same randos
Mojo Amok wrote:
Are we talkin' 'bout Pasečņiks? Cause I feel like we already had the Latvian Lazer and now we added the Latvian Error. Maybe his happy feet issue is just an 'it's my first game' thing, but I'm not painting a mural just yet.

Jaylen Jones, OTOH, looks pretty fluid given the size of his frame. I have some hope for him from what I've seen thus far.

Id much rather have Jamario and Anderson. The move made no sense. I'm holding this one against Sheppard. It reeks if an Ernie move. Yuck

Pasecniks is on an Exhibit 10 training camp deal , he's not taking up a roster spot. He'll be waived and will either play for the Go-Go or go back to Europe (up to him, I guess)

Jemerrio is free to join the Go-Go as well if he clears waivers. You guys may want to wait for the roster to settle first before jumping to conclusions :lol:
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#67 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:57 am

Good times and big fun in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. And I don’t recall Beal playing the 3rd quarter. Bryant and Wagner definitely frustrated Embid. Hope Moe’s back is ok.
I kind of liked when McRae was in the game at PG, during the second quarter?
Bonga had a couple of good passes to Bryant and an assist to Hachimura on 3 consecutive possessions. Glad to see him show those skills.

Can’t wait for the season to start in Dallas. Go Wiz !!
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#68 » by DCZards » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:08 am

Backcourt was Beal and McRae when the Zards went on their run in the second quarter. I expect to see that combo a lot in the regular season. The two play well together.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#69 » by nate33 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 am

McRae has played in 4 preseason games. (He missed the Bucks game.)

The team was +2 with McRae on the floor in a 5 point loss to the Knicks
The team was +17 with McRae on the floor in a 39 point win over China
The team was +28 with McRae on the floor in a 16 point win over the Knicks
The team was +27 with McRae on the floor in a 19 point win over Philly.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#70 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:47 am

What have I been saying all along, I ask you? McRae can initiate offense, he can score on his own, & he's a winner. He is the man. Mo is another guy whom everybody but me has been underestimating.

Where'd I hide that green font?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#71 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:54 am

Illmatic12 wrote:Pasecniks is on an Exhibit 10 training camp deal , he's not taking up a roster spot. He'll be waived and will either play for the Go-Go or go back to Europe (up to him, I guess)

Jemerrio is free to join the Go-Go as well if he clears waivers. You guys may want to wait for the roster to settle first before jumping to conclusions :lol:

I think Pasecniks has been inked to be our second 2 way player.

Not sure how much more there is to "settle" about our roster, given that we have 13 guaranteed contracts, plus Robinson (who has a partial guarantee & is pretty clearly going to get some runway) and McRae, whom obviously we have decided to keep. That's 15.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Illmatic12
RealGM

Post#72 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:49 am

payitforward wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Pasecniks is on an Exhibit 10 training camp deal , he's not taking up a roster spot. He'll be waived and will either play for the Go-Go or go back to Europe (up to him, I guess)

I think Pasecniks has been inked to be our second 2 way player.

Not sure how much more there is to "settle" about our roster, given that we have 13 guaranteed contracts, plus Robinson (who has a partial guarantee & is pretty clearly going to get some runway) and McRae, whom obviously we have decided to keep. That's 15.

I heard they were still deciding whether to give the two-way spot to Chiozza. Didn’t see anything about Pasecniks being on a two-way

And Brooks/Sheppard implied that some of the guys we cut could wind up on the Go-Go and could possibly end up playing out the year here . That’s why I wanna wait for the dust to settle .
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#73 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 am

That was a fun game to watch! Looks like the fears of tanking were overstated...but for real, this team could use another high draft pick.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#74 » by gambitx777 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:22 am

There are rules about how man players can be under contract at any given time. Booth was cut and signed with the gogos but Jones anderson were cut to bring in jaylan Jones and pasecniks to take a look at them sure they might be 2 way guys or E10s but they still hold roster spots and my point stand would rather have Anderson and Jones than miles and Ian who are not playing .

But broken record . I really am impressed with Mathews And i really like the effort I'm seeing from mo. Sure he has holes but the kid plays hard and puts a lot of effort in. our team ball is good right now. I can't wait to see us in a few weeks
Illmatic12 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Pasecniks is on an Exhibit 10 training camp deal , he's not taking up a roster spot. He'll be waived and will either play for the Go-Go or go back to Europe (up to him, I guess)

Jemerrio is free to join the Go-Go as well if he clears waivers. You guys may want to wait for the roster to settle first before jumping to conclusions

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#75 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:38 am

dorianwrite wrote:You can see how visibly frustrated Embiid is. Philly is getting embarrassed.

Foreshadowing there re Embiid's frustration.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#76 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 am

nate33 wrote:McRae has played in 4 preseason games. (He missed the Bucks game.)

The team was +2 with McRae on the floor in a 5 point loss to the Knicks
The team was +17 with McRae on the floor in a 39 point win over China
The team was +28 with McRae on the floor in a 16 point win over the Knicks
The team was +27 with McRae on the floor in a 19 point win over Philly.

Wow, and like DCZ said, it looked like Beal and McRae play well together. Maybe they end up using a 3 guard set if IT comes around - because we got issues at the 3 - especially with Brown out.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#77 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I’m just gonna say it now. If Mo Wagner is out for an extended period of time, there is no way we’re winning an NBA championship this year.
In Rizzo we trust
Illmatic12
RealGM

Post#78 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Offense was humming

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#79 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:31 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I’m just gonna say it now. If Mo Wagner is out for an extended period of time, there is no way we’re winning an NBA championship this year.

Obviously.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Wizards