Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVII 

Post#1921 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:23 pm

trending wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I think Biden is going to TROUNCE Trump. This isn't about Biden. This is a statement the american people want to make about who we are. We are THE GOOD GUYS. Biden's a good guy. Trump's a bad guy. Every mean nasty thing Trump says, every adorable fumble Biden makes, is just going to reinforce this dynamic. Looking forward to Dem control of all three branches of government for two years until our imbecilic country loses interest in politics again in 2022.

politicians are all 'bad guys'. the worst are those who try to hide it by cozying up to the media.

and all big time wrestlers are fakers who write their own scripts, what's your point

there's good guys and bad guys in big time wrestling and real americans tm root for the good guys

Donald Trump is obviously Mr. Heel Moneybags and Biden is aw shucks everyguy who is secretly superman dude
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#1922 » by dobrojim » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:24 pm

trending wrote:politicians are all 'bad guys'. the worst are those who try to hide it by cozying up to the media.

Call me naive if you wish but I refuse to be this cynical, particularly when you say
all.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1923 » by gtn130 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:26 pm

dobrojim wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:I may be wrong but I don't see Biden beating Trump if he gets the nomination.

IDK.

I think an argument could be made he is the ‘safe’ choice, ie. The
one that the fewest people will have fundamental objections to.
I was personally wishing for someone more inspirational but if
he can carry enough swing states and actually win I’ll be at
least relieved by that.

I’m not convinced Trump is as formidable as some suggest.
He had to pull an inside straight to win last time. Yes it could
happen again but Biden doesn’t have nearly the baggage HRC
had. Turnout in Philly, Detroit and Milwaukee.

Hillary was the safe choice. Hillary had a 9pt lead until the Comey letter. What happens when Trump locks up Hunter Biden? Or when brand new information is released about the Ukraine investigation Barr has been quietly leading for months now?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#1924 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:26 pm

I'm doubling down on this, I bet you dollars over doughnuts there will be a not insignificant number of Trump supporters who vote for Biden in November
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1925 » by Kanyewest » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:27 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I think Biden is going to TROUNCE Trump. This isn't about Biden. This is a statement the american people want to make about who we are. We are THE GOOD GUYS. Biden's a good guy. Trump's a bad guy. Every mean nasty thing Trump says, every adorable fumble Biden makes, is just going to reinforce this dynamic. Looking forward to Dem control of all three branches of government for two years until our imbecilic country loses interest in politics again in 2022.

Remember when Hillary did emails though? Joe Biden won't be such a nice guy after Fox News streams nonstop fear mongering about Hunter Biden into the brains of every person over 50 years old

Also, this guy traveling with Biden is his doctor since he isn't mentally stable by Breitbart should be fun.
trending
Junior
And1: 238

Post#1926 » by trending » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:31 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
trending wrote:

politicians are all 'bad guys'. the worst are those who try to hide it by cozying up to the media.

and all big time wrestlers are fakers who write their own scripts, what's your point

there's good guys and bad guys in big time wrestling and real americans tm root for the good guys

Donald Trump is obviously Mr. Heel Moneybags and Biden is aw shucks everyguy who is secretly superman dude

leaders should at times be unlikeable. they have a platform and should be unwavering on issues that got them elected. you're not going to appease everyone.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada
MJ7
Senior
And1: 942

Post#1927 » by MJ7 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:06 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
gtn130 wrote:

Remember when Hillary did emails though? Joe Biden won't be such a nice guy after Fox News streams nonstop fear mongering about Hunter Biden into the brains of every person over 50 years old

Also, this guy traveling with Biden is his doctor since he isn't mentally stable by Breitbart should be fun.

god remember the bizarre articles about zoomed in shots of a guy beside clinton holding a pen they claimed to be an injection thingy 2016 was surreal
Wizard/MJ fan
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#1928 » by dckingsfan » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:39 pm

trending wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
trending wrote:politicians are all 'bad guys'. the worst are those who try to hide it by cozying up to the media.

leaders should at times be unlikeable. they have a platform and should be unwavering on issues that got them elected. you're not going to appease everyone.

Well, you can be unlikeable but not a serial lying, tax cheating, probable rapist kind of "bad guy".
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#1929 » by dobrojim » Thu Mar 5, 2020 12:53 am

gtn130 wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:I may be wrong but I don't see Biden beating Trump if he gets the nomination.

IDK.

I think an argument could be made he is the ‘safe’ choice, ie. The
one that the fewest people will have fundamental objections to.
I was personally wishing for someone more inspirational but if
he can carry enough swing states and actually win I’ll be at
least relieved by that.

I’m not convinced Trump is as formidable as some suggest.
He had to pull an inside straight to win last time. Yes it could
happen again but Biden doesn’t have nearly the baggage HRC
had. Turnout in Philly, Detroit and Milwaukee.

Hillary was the safe choice. Hillary had a 9pt lead until the Comey letter. What happens when Trump locks up Hunter Biden? Or when brand new information is released about the Ukraine investigation Barr has been quietly leading for months now?

So yes, things could happen. That said for instance Ukraine, does Trump
really want to talk about inappropriate nepotistic behavior? Trump is the
king of that. His minions will suck it down but I’m not sure who else will.
The dems can make an ad of Lindsey oh my stars and garters Graham
talking in the back of a limo about how decent and honest Biden is.
YouTube Lindsey Graham joe Biden

What happens if/when Trump loses the court case to hide his taxes?

Or the rape case?
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1930 » by pancakes3 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:59 am

demoralizing. i still hope bernie is the candidate. al gore is only 71...
Bullets -> Wizards
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#1931 » by Pointgod » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:41 am

If you look at voting patterns and demographics it’s pretty simple. Biden will get votes from the disaffected Republicans, Obama Trump voters and some right leaning Independents. This combined with historic voter turnout from the young people (doesn’t need to be Obama levels), new voters and those millions of voters that voted in 2012 but stayed home 2016 would mean an absolutely resounding defeat of Trump and Republicans up and down the ballot. Young voters and new voters would turnout if Bernie and other Progressives throw their full support behind Biden if he’s the nominee. It’s not just about Biden but it’s everyone from Bernie to Bloomberg coming together to defeat Trump and the corrupt Republican Party.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1932 » by Pointgod » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:46 am

dobrojim wrote:

Call me naive if you wish but I refuse to be this cynical, particularly when you say
all.

It’s not only cynical but it’s a complete lie and fabrication that only helps Republicans and foreign interests like Russia. Anyone that repeats the talking points that all politicians are bad guys is pushing Russian propaganda.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1933 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
MJ7
Senior
And1: 942

Post#1934 » by MJ7 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:25 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He was asked something along the lines of "is the DNC against you?" on CNN a few days ago, and refused to answer. It's unfortunate but I'm expecting a fight the establishment-ohwait-vote for the establishment sort of deal from Bernie in the coming weeks.
Wizard/MJ fan
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1935 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:08 pm

Gotta ask: If Dems are so much for a popular vote for the general election, why doesn't the party use that system for their primary?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#1936 » by TGW » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:14 pm

Biden would get destroyed by Trump. Biden can barely form a coherent thought. The Republiican controlled media is already pushing videos of Biden gaffing, forgetting his words, and mushmouthing through speeches. His team hid him from the cameras for months...the same strategy they used with Hillary. It doesn't work.

Biden is an older, goofier version of Hillary with the same baggage. It's sad that the establishment dems are coalescing around this mush for brain dufus. Oh, and people are going to stay home in the GE, just like they did for Hillary.

You boomers refuse to learn any lessons from 2016. Sad.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1937 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:15 pm

It looks like every day's going to be a roller-coaster for the stock markets for a while - maybe a long while. CA calls for a state of emergency, and futures are enormously down. We could have 50 other states/DC doing the same at some points. NY won't be pretty. And we've already had the fed lower the interest rates. How Trump/Pence continue to handle this might decide who our next president is. What matters more - the health side or the market side?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1938 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:24 pm

TGW wrote:Biden would get destroyed by Trump. Biden can barely form a coherent thought. The Republiican controlled media is already pushing videos of Biden gaffing, forgetting his words, and mushmouthing through speeches. His team hid him from the cameras for months...the same strategy they used with Hillary. It doesn't work.

Biden is an older, goofier version of Hillary with the same baggage. It's sad that the establishment dems are coalescing around this mush for brain dufus. Oh, and people are going to stay home in the GE, just like they did for Hillary.

You boomers refuse to learn any lessons from 2016. Sad.

In 2016, we learned that Sanders couldn't even come close to beating Clinton. Sanders supporters better get on board and show up and support Biden after Sanders loses to him. Otherwise, they might as well admit they've been Trump supporters all along.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1939 » by Pointgod » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:25 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

The Establishment attack line is simply, everyone that doesn’t agree with me. It’s starting to mirror Trump’s rhetoric of Deep State blah blah blah. Like I’ve said many times before, it’s pretty insulting that everyone who is slightly right of Bernie gets labelled as establishment or media controlled like people can’t think for themselves. You can’t win people to your side with that rhetoric. Bernie just cut a smaller and smaller piece of the electorate for himself. He’s learned nothing from 2016.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1940 » by Kanyewest » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:34 pm

Maddow's interview was pretty good. I think Sanders came across as rational and pragmatic although I think he could have been better prepared for Maddow's question on the lack of youth turnout.

Return to Washington Wizards