ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 2nd Round Draft Pick(s)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 418

Re: 2020 2nd Round Draft Pick(s) 

Post#181 » by youngWizzy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:57 pm

Can't seem to see Tyrique Jones (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyrique-jones-1.html) mocked anywhere so I would be willing to take a flier on him as a udfa.
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,536

Post#182 » by Ruzious » Today 12:13 pm

payitforward wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
youngWizzy wrote:Im growing on Desmond Bane https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/desmond-bane-1.html) from TCU. Don't mind at all that he is a senior. He's shown improvement every year and is shooting the ball really well from three. Think he fits the mold of a quality two way shooting guard if we need depth behind Beal. He's one of only a few people shooting over 40% from three with 1.5 steals per game in the country.

Good Call!!!
Bane looks like the prototypical 2-way wing that somehow gets undervalued (Hart, Butler, Crowder, etc.)
He's a Senior, but only 6 months older than Saddiq Bey (A Sophomore).

Tillman, Bane, Tre jones, and Bolmaro are leading my choice at 37... With Flynn, Tillie, Joe, and Sylla also interesting.

Agree about Desmond Bane -- played in a very tough conference & posted outstanding numbers.

Here's some highlights on Bane.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wow, he makes those long 3's look easy - just a flick of the wrist from 25 feet. I think the metrics folks have shown having the extra range for deep 3's makes a significant difference - even though 3 points is 3 points. That might push Banes' stock up. He's arguably the best deep shooter in the draft.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
pcbothwel
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,481

Post#183 » by pcbothwel » Today 3:28 pm

Im telling you Ruz... its impressive.
I wouldnt hesitate to trade 9 & 37 to Boston for 17, 26, and 30.

Then draft Tyler Bey, Bane, and Tillman.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,536

Post#184 » by Ruzious » Today 5:07 pm

pcbothwel wrote:Im telling you Ruz... its impressive.
I wouldnt hesitate to trade 9 & 37 to Boston for 17, 26, and 30.

Then draft Tyler Bey, Bane, and Tillman.

Good strategy. Yeah, Bane's not likely gonna be there at 37. I still take Saddiq over Tyler, because I'm a 3pointshooteraholic - if that's a thing.

And what I like about Bane... he can bail out your offense. Say you're down to 4 seconds on the 24 second clock. Get him the ball 30 feet out, and he'll get off a good shot from 3 point range. That's soul-crushing to defenses.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas

Return to Washington Wizards