Game 37: Wizards @ Magic - 7PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Re: Game 37: Wizards @ Magic - 7PM 

Post#41 » by smoothSeph » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:15 pm

trast66 wrote:
youngWizzy wrote:IT plays like this is your first pick up at the YMCA at 6:00 am. Casually jogging and no effort.

I’ve been that guy at the Y and it’s a good description of IT.

Tommy said during telecast something to the effect IT is providing leadership. Did not sound like going to buy him out or cut.

This from Brad Stevens:
Before the game, Stevens said Thomas was the perfect type of player for a rebuilding team like Washington.

“He’s a guy that’s in the gym, he’s a guy that works, he’s a guy that loves basketball,” Stevens said. “He takes others under his wing, he’s always up cheering others. He’s the right kind of guy to be around young players in any situation.

One thing I will say is we've gotten amazing results from our younger players this year. If that's a result of guys like IT, CJ Miles and Ian Mahimni being around then I'm all for it. For now.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#42 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:19 pm

nate33 wrote:It seems like Orlando and Washington should be able to make a trade that makes both teams more balanced. Something like Bertans for Gordon or Wagner for Bamba makes sense. The Wizards get some interior D and the Magic get shooting.

You don't really think either of those players are worth Gordon/Bamba straight up do you? I def. see a possible trade scenario, but they're both trades would need heavy sweeteners.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#43 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:00 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
nate33 wrote:It seems like Orlando and Washington should be able to make a trade that makes both teams more balanced. Something like Bertans for Gordon or Wagner for Bamba makes sense. The Wizards get some interior D and the Magic get shooting.

You don't really think either of those players are worth Gordon/Bamba straight up do you? I def. see a possible trade scenario, but they're both trades would need heavy sweeteners.

In today's NBA, Bertans is worth more than Gordon. Wagner and Bamba seem relatively equal.

Bertans is the best shooter in the league. He's not a sieve on D... but does need a rim protector behind him. He'd be incredible on the Magic TBH. You all have everything but enough long range shooting.
In Rizzo we trust
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#44 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:39 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

In today's NBA, Bertans is worth more than Gordon. Wagner and Bamba seem relatively equal.

Bertans is the best shooter in the league. He's not a sieve on D... but does need a rim protector behind him. He'd be incredible on the Magic TBH. You all have everything but enough long range shooting.

Lol... ughhh. Gordon has a TS under 50% and doesnt have any standout skill besides jumping.
Looking at his skills, age, and contract...how is he more valuable than someone like Julius Randle, let along Bertans

I loved Bamba in the draft, but he as been extremely underwhelming. He is a decent defender that blocks shots. But he's a black hole on offense that doesnt draw fouls or score efficiently.

Thomas Bryant and Wagner are both more valuable players.

I would decline both trades straight up as a Wiz fan.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#45 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 9, 2020 8:38 pm

I thought Bamba was going to be terrific, but so far he hasn't shown much. His salary is so much higher than Wagner's that I don't think I'd want him. Ditto Gordon -- he's way overpaid, IMO.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#46 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 am

Why would we want to help out Orlando/vice versa or any other team in the Division heck even the whole East. If they trade Bertans send him West.

Return to Washington Wizards