Re: Kobe Bryant Killed In Helicopter Crash 

Post#41 » by DCZards » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Deep comments from AI.

youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#42 » by youngWizzy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:40 am

McGrady's reaction to Kobe's passing is priceless. Really genuine moment if you haven't seen already.

Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
The Consiglieri
Starter
And1: 510

Re: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash 

Post#43 » by The Consiglieri » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:09 am

closg00 wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
closg00 wrote:Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash, can't believe this
https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-killed-dead-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas/

Terrible, terrible news if true

Like when Prince died I went into denial, and immediately searched the news sites, it’s true...the perils of having a private helicopter.

Once I saw the first pic, all I could think was half moon bay fog (I grew up in San Mateo, CA, about 20 miles south of San Francisco, and Half Moon Bay is our coastline, about a half hour drive west up and down coastal mountains to the pacific). Needless to say, it's rare to not have the coastline encased in fog in the morning, it usually burns off by lunch time, but mornings are notoriously foggy both along the Northern California coastline, and even in SoCal. Just breaks my heart that he and everyone else may have died simply because the the asinine decision to ignore the dangers of fog along the coastal mountain range. It just made me think of Aliyah dying because they overloaded her plane w/way too much luggage, and Lynard Skynard going down in a supposed junker plane, and Buddy Holly dying in a winter storm that his pilot wasn't rated to fly in. It may turn out differently in time, we'll see what comes out from the NTSB, but for me, it's always been, it's one thing to die in an accident that could happen to anyone, just bad luck, it's another thing entirely to die because you didn't take safety precautions remotely seriously enough. Hoping it's not the latter, it certainly seems like it may be (reports that LAPD grounded choppers due to the fog etc).Seeing pitchers of him and his daughter, of that coach and their daughter, man, it just breaks your heart, so awful, sounds like there are a couple of kids that survived their parents and a sibling who passed in the crash as well. Just so brutal.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#44 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm

I’ve struggled to write something since seeing the report on television. Each time I tried I ended up deleting it. The words I typed just seemed trivial. I’ve always been clumsy and awkward in times like this, but I wanted to share a quote from Kobe Bryant that I saw today.

In a 2008 interview, Kobe Bryant spoke to his positive attitude.

“Have a good time. Life is too short to get bogged down and be discouraged. You have to keep moving. You have to keep going.
Put one foot in front of the other, smile and just keep on rolling.”

I needed to see that quote today. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Bryant.

Rest In Peace

Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#45 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm

At an appropriate time there needs to be a discussion of how people of wealth and celebrity are given special treatment, Stevie Ray Vaughn died under similar circumstances, his helicopter was cleared to fly in fog because he was SRV, other helicopters were not cleared to fly from what I read.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#46 » by verbal8 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am

pancakes3 wrote:I also thought that Kobe was poised for a long career in basketball and beyond. He's a very smart guy, had all the resources in the world, and the drive to accomplish huge things. It goes beyond doing well with his money - he was going to do something really unique. Maybe related to elevating women's basketball because of his daugher(s). Maybe he'll follow MJ's path in GM/ownership. Maybe he becomes the commish. Of China. Whatever it was going to be, it would have been spectacular.

It really is sad. Too sad.

RIP, I feel we were cheated of what would have been an amazing post-NBA career and public life.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#47 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:51 pm

REst in Peace to one of the greatest shooting guards to ever play in the nba.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#48 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:39 am

closg00 wrote:At an appropriate time there needs to be a discussion of how people of wealth and celebrity are given special treatment, Stevie Ray Vaughn died under similar circumstances, his helicopter was cleared to fly in fog because he was SRV, other helicopters were not cleared to fly from what I read.

Sadly, this seems to be a similar situation.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#49 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:23 am

So who is going to end up being responsible for this??? The Chopper had no VFR clerance. SVFR means $$$ or an severe emergency which the State and County Police did not have. This a terrible situation which can end up being very ugly in lawsuits for By ATC or pilot or client estates.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#50 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:32 am

closg00 wrote:At an appropriate time there needs to be a discussion of how people of wealth and celebrity are given special treatment, Stevie Ray Vaughn died under similar circumstances, his helicopter was cleared to fly in fog because he was SRV, other helicopters were not cleared to fly from what I read.

I see where you are going with this. I hope for the fact that wealth and arrogance did not overcome common sense.??

Return to Washington Wizards