ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui & Mo to play in NBA Rising Stars !!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Rui & Mo to play in NBA Rising Stars !! 

Post#1 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:55 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/rui-hachimura-moe-wagner-heading-rising-stars-game-nba-all-star-weekend

Interesting they are going and not Bonga or TBJ. Figures they pick our guys That are injured.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Re: Rui & Mo to play in NBA Rising Stars !! 

Post#2 » by TheBabyMaker » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:23 am

Well Bonga did injure one of the guys and probably would not be getting much PT now. Troy B would be on the U.S. team who does he replace?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:56 pm

Very odd that they picked Wagner over TBJ. Bonga deserved consideration, but it's hardly surprising they'd overlook a player who doesn't score much - same reason they chose Rui. Come to think of it, scoring was probably the reason they didn't pick TBJ.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,320

Post#4 » by nate33 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:26 pm

Ruzious wrote:Very odd that they picked Wagner over TBJ. Bonga deserved consideration, but it's hardly surprising they'd overlook a player who doesn't score much - same reason they chose Rui. Come to think of it, scoring was probably the reason they didn't pick TBJ.

Wagner and Hachimura made it on the "international" team. Wagner and Hachimura easily made the international roster because there really aren't that many good international players in their first or second season.

Brown would have to play on the American team and that team is better. Brown arguably deserves a spot on that roster over guys like Herro and Washington, but it's not quite as clear cut.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#5 » by pancakes3 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:37 pm

yeah, the USA/Int'l split is bad. it should just be mixed squads of rookies and sophomores. in looking up int'l rooks/sophs, TIL that Admiral is British.
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:38 pm

I see - I was thinking back to when they used to have rookies vs 2nd year players - which was usually a fun game.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#7 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:36 pm

Yeah, the US/international divide is particularly strong at some of the depth spots on the roster. I know people will argue that Sexton isn't that good (and depending on the angle I'd probably be there with them) but how often do players averaging 20 ppg as a sophomore not make the rising stars challenge? Duncan Robinson is averaging 12/3/2 and is a crucial starter on a team on pace for more than 50 wins and shooting the lights out but didn't make it. Meanwhile, the international team has guys like NAW on it.

Rookies v sophs would definitely have better depth this season, but would be way less fun because having Trae and Luka on the same team seems pointless. Now we get to see Trae and Zion take on Luka and it should probably be a better game in general despite the end of the bench disparity.
Bucket! Bucket!
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:51 am

Fred Katz: Statement from Bertans: “My experience w the Wizards has been great since I arrived this summer, from my teammates, the coaching staff, the fans & the entire organization. It will be an honor to compete in the 3pt contest on behalf of all of them & to represent Latvia during ASW” – via Twitter FredKatz

Read on Twitter
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:37 am

Return to Washington Wizards