BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 595

Re: Game 50: Wizards (17-32) vs Mavericks (31-20) Fri, 2/7 @ 7 PM 

Post#101 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:36 pm

BigA wrote:
nate33 wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
What do you think Nate? Wiz gonna do this?

No. The Wizards are benefiting from very hot 3-point shooting. They won't stay at 50% all night. When they regress down the stretch, they'll piss this one away.

This is what I thought, too. Nice to see them pull it out.

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
nate33 wrote:That was the first win this season in a game decided by 4 points or less. We were 0-7.

That’s ridiculous.

Yup I thought and felt much of the same. That’s why I love watching the team & crowd reactions after the layup.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#102 » by Eli Babak » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:14 pm

closg00 wrote:
tontoz wrote:I was all set to blame Beal for the loss and then he hits the game winner. Still his chucktastic 4th quarter was painful to watch. He missed 17 shots for the game. Nobody else attempted more than 12. Troy only got 5 shots in 28 minutes. Beal shouldn't be jacking up that many shots, especially when the team is healthy.

Good win but Beal needs to stop the hero routine.

It's Scott who refuses to rein him in, the hero-ball was just too-much. Man when the Wall/Beal backcourt gets back there are going to 3 guys doing a lot of standing and watching.

That's why Brooks has to be fired this summer if Wiz plan is to make some noise next year (fight for top-4 spots instead of 7th/8th).

Fun game but yeah, Beal took way too many shots. Loved Napier. Hachi had a good start. Bertans was great, 20p and 8 rebounds.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#103 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:29 pm

Interesting. Apparently, the game winning play was an improvisation:

“That was just reading the game. I was supposed to come off clear-cut that way closer to Troy, kind of make a play closer to the baseline and toward the hoop,” Beal said. “But I saw they kind of jumped it and nobody was at the basket, so I just made a basketball play. Thank God Troy made a great pass.”

Mo Wagner set the screen for Beal to cut toward the left side of the court, closer to Troy Brown. I assumed it was just a stunt all along, but apparently, Beal really was supposed to go left. But when Beal saw Finney-Smith jump the screen, he feinted left and then backdoored straight to the rim. Brown read it correctly and made the pass.

Nice job guys!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#104 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:29 pm

nate33 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
nate33 wrote:POTG is actually going to be pretty hard tonight. Bertans, Hachimura and Brown played well for 30 minutes. Napier and Ish played really well in limited minutes.

Beal? Granted he had some piss poor possessions down the stretch with the caveat refs still seem hesitant to give him a call in the bigger moments when it’s 50/50.

I can't give POTG to a guy who took 34 possessions to score 29 points.

You are right that Beal had his moments, but that awful 4th quarter took him out of contention.

Dāvis Bertāns DRB% 26.7
Shabazz Napier BLK% 5.1; STL% 5.4
Troy Brown eFG% 1.000
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#105 » by DCZards » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:59 pm

nate33 wrote:Interesting. Apparently, the game winning play was an improvisation:

“That was just reading the game. I was supposed to come off clear-cut that way closer to Troy, kind of make a play closer to the baseline and toward the hoop,” Beal said. “But I saw they kind of jumped it and nobody was at the basket, so I just made a basketball play. Thank God Troy made a great pass.”

Mo Wagner set the screen for Beal to cut toward the left side of the court, closer to Troy Brown. I assumed it was just a stunt all along, but apparently, Beal really was supposed to go left. But when Beal saw Finney-Smith jump the screen, he feinted left and then backdoored straight to the rim. Brown read it correctly and made the pass.

Nice job guys!

Troy made a great pass! His pass—and the two running back-like feints made by Beal right after he crosses halfcourt—are what really stand out when I watch the replay.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#106 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:31 pm

Just good basketball all around last night .
nate33 wrote:Interesting. Apparently, the game winning play was an improvisation:

Nice job guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#107 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:01 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:I think were winning too much, I understand the lottery system has changed. I don't want us winning too many games though.

Eh, doesn’t really faze me this year. Upcoming draft is looking pretty weak tbh.

I kinda wouldn't mind the Wizards slipping low enough to draft Jalen Smith.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#108 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:24 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:I think were winning too much, I understand the lottery system has changed. I don't want us winning too many games though.

Eh, doesn’t really faze me this year. Upcoming draft is looking pretty weak tbh.

I kinda wouldn't mind the Wizards slipping low enough to draft Jalen Smith.

I wouldn't mind the Wizards making some swifty pre-draft trades/trade downs that get an assortment of action squared. Jokic, Gobert, Michael Redd, Rodman, Mark Price, Paul Millsap. Late in weak drafts. Time for lightning to strike!

Return to Washington Wizards