Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,350

Re: Grunfeld Was Not The Problem! Duh!! 

Post#21 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:14 am

milellie111 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Bench is better now than it ever was with EG at the helm. He was too lazy to do the DD necessary to find players that are young, cheap and productive. EG loved overpaying for vets that have already proven they aren't any good.

Does Eric Maynor ring a bell? He was out of the league a year after we signed him to a 2 yr guaranteed deal. Vintage Grunfeld. They were still paying Blatche for years when he was playing in China.

Defensively this team is weaker than its ever been and can’t stop anyone from scoring. Bench? Beal has to play a ton of minutes just to keep them in the games.

Bertans was a good signing and excellent three point shooter but so was Bogdonavic.

All of the fans clamoring for Ernies departure hoping for a miracle turnaround and greener pastures with a new GM are sorely disappointed.

The team will probably equal or surpass last year's win total despite $37M of salary (Wall) sitting out for the entire year. And they'll do so with about 7000 minutes played by guys age 22 or younger. Last year's team got 2200 minutes out of guys 22 or younger.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#22 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:00 am

Grunfeld specialized in bringing in talent to support his star players. Walls injury is unfortunate but Paul Pierce/ Ariza and other role players were just what he needed for his development.

Dwight Howard was a good signing and is a a good player. Look at his body of work currently with the Lakers. Blame the GM or the coach? It’s like blaming the guy who built the Titanic instead of the guy who steers it into an iceberg. Also common knowledge that Ted pursued Brooks and not Grunfeld.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#23 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 am

Wizards had to trade a lottery pick for 3 months of Bojan. Why? To get rid of a guy EG signed previous summer.

Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Marc Stein that Nicholson will receive a four-year, $26 million deal.

The 26-year-old Nicholson averaged 6.9 points and 3.6 rebounds in 56 games for the Orlando Magic last season. Since being the 19th overall draft pick in 2012 by Orlando, Nicholson has averaged 6.5 points and 3.2 rebounds in four NBA seasons, with a total of 36 starts.

Nicholson did not receive a qualifying offer from the Magic, making him an unrestricted free agent.

EG signed this guy to a 4 year deal. He was out of the league a year later. What an eye for talent!
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#24 » by truwizfan4evr » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 am

Ernie was 100% the problem. 15 years of misery.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#25 » by truwizfan4evr » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:28 am

tontoz wrote:Wizards had to trade a lottery pick for 3 months of Bojan. Why? To get rid of a guy EG signed previous summer.

Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Marc Stein that Nicholson will receive a four-year, $26 million deal.

The 26-year-old Nicholson averaged 6.9 points and 3.6 rebounds in 56 games for the Orlando Magic last season. Since being the 19th overall draft pick in 2012 by Orlando, Nicholson has averaged 6.5 points and 3.2 rebounds in four NBA seasons, with a total of 36 starts.

Nicholson did not receive a qualifying offer from the Magic, making him an unrestricted free agent.

EG signed this guy to a 4 year deal. He was out of the league a year later. What an eye for talent!

Eric Maynor in my opinion worst signing he ever did. that dude was horrible :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#26 » by closg00 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 am

Giving Jason Smith a 3-year guarantee was also stupid....so many stupid moves.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#27 » by BigA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:46 pm

milellie111 wrote:Obviously, Grunfeld was not the issue. The Wizards are no better off without him running the team. Sheppard has mismanaged this franchise in only a few months by not moving on from Brooks, the failed Isaiah Thomas experiment, failure to move Mahimi, failure to move Bertans at the deadline who was in high demand are just a few blunders. Grunfeld was at least aggressive in making transactions giving the fans and team hope. Once again, fans blame the wrong guy for systemic failures.

Welcome back! Will be interesting if the Wizards actually make the playoffs with a bunch of young guys, no Wall, and not trading off future assets.
BigA
Analyst

Post#28 » by BigA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:49 pm

gambitx777 wrote:There was part of me that wanted Dolan to hire EG back just so I could see Steven A explode in national TV!

Like he would be mad? Ernie and Stephen A are buddies.
BigA
Analyst

Post#29 » by BigA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Isn't it too soon to be evaluating Sheppard? It's been 10 months or so since he became interim and 7 months since the interim tag was removed.

The hands11 standard for evaluating Ernie was that you needed to wait at least 10 years after Leonsis took over ownership to fairly judge him, since all the previous mistakes were Abe Pollin's fault.

By this standard, we need to wait until 10 years after Leonsis sells the Wizards to fairly evaluate Sheppard.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#30 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:40 pm

milellie111 wrote:It’s like blaming the guy who built the Titanic instead of the guy who steers it into an iceberg.

Can you hang the fruit a little lower. I can't...quite...reach it.

Got it!

On the Titanic, as at the MCVeriOne, if you are looking for a culprit, let them eat cake! That's right, the guy who was supposed to be checking the urinal cakes on the Titanic is apparently to blame for the multiple design and material errors that led to massive systemic failure. Same with the Wiz. Urinal cake dudes.

And aren't we all surprised that there has been no Jewish rapper named Ice Berg.

Play ball!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,350

Post#31 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm

montestewart wrote:And aren't we all surprised that there has been no Jewish rapper named Ice Berg.

:lol:
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#32 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:05 pm

dckingsfan wrote:BEST TROLL EVER - take notes Wiz fan!

Heh, it's pretty good but he really can't deny the facts, really. Last season with Ernie? The Wizards were 11th in the conference. Now that they suck? 9th! 11>9; Ernie>Tommy. Facts are facts.
Bucket! Bucket!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#33 » by payitforward » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm

I was about to go back & find my post detailing Ernie's colossal series of f-ups in a decade of drafts when I realized... why?

Ernie is gone. He's in the past. I don't wish him ill. I hope he's retired & enjoying himself.

We're just feeding a troll. Kill this thread.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#34 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:36 pm

payitforward wrote:I was about to go back & find my post detailing Ernie's colossal series of f-ups in a decade of drafts when I realized... why?

Ernie is gone. He's in the past. I don't wish him ill. I hope he's retired & enjoying himself.

He is a HOF Troll though... you have to give him that.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#35 » by Dat2U » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 pm

World class trolling right here!
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#36 » by DCZards » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:50 pm

payitforward wrote:I was about to go back & find my post detailing Ernie's colossal series of f-ups in a decade of drafts when I realized... why?

All. Of. This.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm

tontoz wrote:Wizards had to trade a lottery pick for 3 months of Bojan. Why? To get rid of a guy EG signed previous summer.

Every GM around the league misses on draft picks and signings, yet are praised for the good ones that pan out. Yet this board was only intent on crucifying EG for the ones that didn't pan out without taking into consideration extenuating circumstances (unforseen injuries etc.). How is that fair?
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Insult me and call me a troll when the Wiz have reached 50 wins. Until then, my statements are accurate and there is no proof that Sheppard is a better GM than Grunfeld. He's just a different guy. All you have right now is hope of he's a better GM.The Wiz are currently not in the playoffs. Many will say injury to Wall will give Sheppard a pass, however the same pass would not be granted to Grunfeld. :crazy:
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Drafting a back court who both turned into all-stars and building a team that only three years ago were a game 7 away from the ECF if only Brooks had made the obvious decision to play Oubre and have the slightest bit of a defensive game plan? Guess you missed that in a decade of drafts.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#40 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm

milellie111 wrote:

Insult me and call me a troll when the Wiz have reached 50 wins. Until then, my statements are accurate and there is no proof that Sheppard is a better GM than Grunfeld. He's just a different guy. All you have right now is hope of he's a better GM.The Wiz are currently not in the playoffs. Many will say injury to Wall will give Sheppard a pass, however the same pass would not be granted to Grunfeld. :crazy:

Not an insult at all - dude - you are the GOAT!!!

Return to Washington Wizards