ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XXVIII

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 40,575
And1: 6,657
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1721 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:22 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/how-jared-kushners-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

@whoever needs to read this and have a reckoning with their respective souls

I just saw a report about that on tv. Absolutely disgusting. DISGUSTING.

Kushners's group actually came up with a useful plan of distribution - completely off the grid though. And Trump rejected it because it would help states that were controlled by Democrats. Instead, he chose to let states fend for supplies themselves - he wanted various states to fail, so the the Democratic governors and mayors (and Governor Hogan) would take the blame.

Poof - Kusher's plan - paid by our tax dollars and to be paid by the tax dollars of his kids' generation - was made to disappear.


We need to defeat Trump somehow despite everything in November and then pass a law clarifying that whatever treason is, this is also it. Intentionally making policy decisions intended to kill your political enemies who are also US citizens - treason, punishable by death.

Totally agree - I'm no lawyer, and I'm guessing there are ways to argue that what he did doesn't fit the legal definition, but he's done things to intentionally damage multiple state governments and effectively kill Americans. That should be subject to the ultimate punishment available in our law.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
pancakes3
General Manager
Posts: 8,194
And1: 1,606
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1722 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 pm

it fits. you just need proof, and "beyond a reasonable doubt" is a hell of a standard.
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 40,575
And1: 6,657
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1723 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:25 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Ruzious wrote:So now Trump is tweating his off trying to postpone the election. He wants to open everything else up... but not the election.

I don't think anywhere near half of all Republicans would even be for that. And many already prefer absentee ballots. He's not going to win on this - this is even dumber than his decision to fight for confederate statues.

Even Mitch McConnell is standing up to Trump on this one.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was among many Republican senators who quickly and unequivocally rejected Trump’s idea. “Never in the history of the country, through wars, depressions and the Civil War, have we ever not had a federally scheduled election on time,” McConnell said in a television interview with WNKY of Bowling Green, Ky. “We’ll find a way to do that again this Nov. 3.”


Also, I think they realize the more Trump bashes absentee ballots, the fewer of his "people" will use them - and that will lead to fewer Republicans voting. They can't rely on just people voting at the polls in a crazy year like this. Really bad strategies by Trump.


Well what’s Mitch going to say? Postponing the election is so **** crazy that it’s literally indefensible (even though of course Barr and Pompeo leave room for interpretation).

Governor Hogan says it a lot more forcefully. https://www.yahoo.com/news/governor-larry-hogan-condemns-trumps-outrageous-tweet-calling-for-election-delay-232716262.html I love Hogan as much as I can love a Republican. :)
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,580
And1: 4,584
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1724 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm

Sometimes it's amazing to think about the time we are living in. Can you imagine if Obama had declared the Ebola scare a hoax and 5 months in we were losing 1000 Americans a day?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,305
And1: 2,136
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1725 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Sometimes it's amazing to think about the time we are living in. Can you imagine if Obama had declared the Ebola scare a hoax and 5 months in we were losing 1000 Americans a day?


And he was refusing to do anything about it because the victims were primarily Republicans?
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,580
And1: 4,584
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1726 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:02 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Sometimes it's amazing to think about the time we are living in. Can you imagine if Obama had declared the Ebola scare a hoax and 5 months in we were losing 1000 Americans a day?


And he was refusing to do anything about it because the victims were primarily Republicans?


And suggesting that people ingest bleach. :roll:
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,022
And1: 6,366
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1727 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:12 am

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 13,409
And1: 5,996
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1728 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:03 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Sometimes it's amazing to think about the time we are living in. Can you imagine if Obama had declared the Ebola scare a hoax and 5 months in we were losing 1000 Americans a day?


And he was refusing to do anything about it because the victims were primarily Republicans?


And suggesting that people ingest bleach. :roll:

And kept saying person, woman, man, camera, TV.
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,580
And1: 4,584
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1729 » by JWizmentality » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:22 am

montestewart wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
And he was refusing to do anything about it because the victims were primarily Republicans?


And suggesting that people ingest bleach. :roll:

And kept saying person, woman, man, camera, TV.


And also found it more important to send troops to assault Americans and international journalists so he could take a picture in front of a church.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 12,867
And1: 6,770
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1730 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 13,409
And1: 5,996
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1731 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:10 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Trump and Fox surrogates have been humbly honoring Lewis by subverting minority voting wherever they can. Obama was so disrespectful to Lewis’ memory, bringing up civil rights and voting rights.
User avatar
pancakes3
General Manager
Posts: 8,194
And1: 1,606
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1732 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:02 pm

Trump/WH messaging that it's the Dem's fault for letting unemployment benefits expire. This is infuriating on two separate levels:

1) Procedurally not true. WH is saying that R's have sent proposal after proposal that the Dems are rejecting. No. Dems proposed continuing the benefits. R's have sent proposal after proposal changing that: cutting it from $600 to $200, sliding in pork riders, only extending it for 1 week (wtf does that do?), etc. to which the Dems have not proposed a counteroffer bc those R offers are bullshoot and there's already an offer on the table that passed the House vote.

2) Them blaming this issue on the Dems means that THEY KNOW THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. It's not like "well, Dems are asking for too much money, so we're taking a fiscally conservative stand and we cannot come to an acceptable dollar figure." It's the complete opposite. They know the American people need the money, and they still won't give it to them. Not only that, they're not owning the responsibility for not delivering the money, and instead lying about it.

like, lol, wtf are yall even doing over there R's?
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 12,867
And1: 6,770
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1733 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM
Posts: 13,656
And1: 1,570
Joined: Sep 16, 2004

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1734 » by dobrojim » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:22 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19



OT1H, it is totally outrageous and therefore it would not be shocking in the least
if he tried something like that.

OTOH, how many anti-tRumpster (a huge proportion of Biden voters) are gonna
believe one GD word of anything Barr says. He's shown us who he is. His words
will be completely dismissed by most every anti-tRUmp voter. Barr and tRump
are birds of a feather with zero credibility.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,022
And1: 6,366
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1735 » by dckingsfan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:49 am

dobrojim wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

OT1H, it is totally outrageous and therefore it would not be shocking in the least if he tried something like that.

OTOH, how many anti-tRumpster (a huge proportion of Biden voters) are gonna believe one GD word of anything Barr says. He's shown us who he is. His words will be completely dismissed by most every anti-tRUmp voter. Barr and tRump are birds of a feather with zero credibility.

You gotta lover Teflon Joe that way...
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 9,337
And1: 9,070
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1736 » by Pointgod » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:06 am

dobrojim wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19



OT1H, it is totally outrageous and therefore it would not be shocking in the least
if he tried something like that.

OTOH, how many anti-tRumpster (a huge proportion of Biden voters) are gonna
believe one GD word of anything Barr says. He's shown us who he is. His words
will be completely dismissed by most every anti-tRUmp voter. Barr and tRump
are birds of a feather with zero credibility.


100% this is going to happen. They’ll manufacture an investigation into the Bidens based on literally the flimsiest pretences. The only thinks I think about is that by that time Trump might be so far behind that it doesn’t matter and it won’t be effective for anyone who’s not in the Trump cult. The Trump team is so incompetent and blatant with their corruption that they’d manage to **** this up.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,305
And1: 2,136
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
       

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1737 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:33 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

OT1H, it is totally outrageous and therefore it would not be shocking in the least if he tried something like that.

OTOH, how many anti-tRumpster (a huge proportion of Biden voters) are gonna believe one GD word of anything Barr says. He's shown us who he is. His words will be completely dismissed by most every anti-tRUmp voter. Barr and tRump are birds of a feather with zero credibility.

You gotta lover Teflon Joe that way...


Teflon Joe - like it's Biden's fault Trump and the GOP have no credibility. Fool me once with HRC and the emails lie, shame on you. Fool me twice with lies manufactured as a result of blackmailing small countries that depend on us for military aid, shame on me.
daoneandonly - "You just said all cities are liberal. Cities are in states, so how the heck can all cities be liberal but all states arent? because you're full of crap"
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,022
And1: 6,366
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1738 » by dckingsfan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 pm

The use of "Teflon Joe" moniker is used to enrage the right that their smear tactics that relied on untruths and partial truths aren't working.

Trump has spent a cool billion dollars and they haven't stuck.

As you say, the GOP no longer has credibility and Trump even less so... or you could put it this way.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time...

And right now, trump is fooling a smaller and smaller percentage.
User avatar
pancakes3
General Manager
Posts: 8,194
And1: 1,606
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1739 » by pancakes3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:58 pm

The sticky situation that Trump finds himself wrt smearing Joe is that Trump's the incumbent. He has the power so he can't chant "Lock Her Up" any more bc who's he telling to do it? Himself?
Bullets -> Wizards
User avatar
Kanyewest
General Manager
Posts: 7,895
And1: 1,355
Joined: Jul 05, 2004

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1740 » by Kanyewest » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:50 pm

pancakes3 wrote:The sticky situation that Trump finds himself wrt smearing Joe is that Trump's the incumbent. He has the power so he can't chant "Lock Her Up" any more bc who's he telling to do it? Himself?


Trump supporters/bots are now making #BillClintonisaPedo trending on twitter. Even though Trump has several of those accusations against himself and Bill Clinton isn't running for public office.

Return to Washington Wizards