dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXVIII 

Post#1961 » by dckingsfan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:25 pm

dobrojim wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
That is a very intriguing thought. Could be substantial or even huge (yuge).
Especially say in DET, MIL and PHL.
And FL has 2 NBA teams too. Hmmm.

PS- So who can pump this idea where it might make a difference?

Great minds - I was thinking the exact same thing - and came up blank. I need to dwell on that for an evening...

If everyone started tweeting this at all the favorite players,
maybe eventually someone would notice. I’m not on Twitter
myself.

Also, note to wife...
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1962 » by dckingsfan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:27 pm

E550wahoo wrote:“The worst enemy that the Negro [has],...” said Malcolm X,

...is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal. It is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems."

Joe Biden is a perfect example of this white liberal, who tells blacks, if you don't vote Dimocratic, "you ain't black".

Ah a Russian bot, nice.

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#1963 » by Pointgod » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:13 pm

...is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal. It is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems."

Joe Biden is a perfect example of this white liberal, who tells blacks, if you don't vote Dimocratic, "you ain't black".

Thank your for your insightful post ball boy with 3 posts that has never posted in this thread before and is definitely not a troll. I have seen the light.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#1964 » by dobrojim » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:56 pm

So from a purely practical standpoint, POC should support tRump because ‘libs’
like Biden are ‘their worst enemy’?
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1965 » by dobrojim » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:17 pm

dckingsfan wrote:

Ah a Russian bot, nice.

As Ruz would possibly say, that won the internet by a mile.

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1966 » by Wizardspride » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:51 pm

:-?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#1967 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm

in before the lock!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1968 » by montestewart » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:in before the lock!

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1969 » by queridiculo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:15 pm

On Portland, a good read.

Read on Twitter
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1970 » by dobrojim » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:30 pm

My aforementioned daughter is now a volunteer
street medic who got some work in Saturday
night at BLM Plaza. She’s helping the second person in the embedded video.
Read on Twitter

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1971 » by montestewart » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 pm

dobrojim wrote:My aforementioned daughter is now a volunteer
Read on Twitter

I was there Friday night and Sunday night. For some reason, whenever I show up, it's always peaceful. Footage from Saturday looked pretty extreme.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1972 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1973 » by dobrojim » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:35 am

Gee, I wonder why.

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#1974 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:06 pm

yeah because it would expose his crimes
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1975 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1976 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:02 pm

dobrojim wrote:My aforementioned daughter is now a volunteer
Read on Twitter

Your daughter is a hero.

This is from 1970.

It's not exactly the same, but it makes me wonder - In 50 years, have we learned a damn thing?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1977 » by FAH1223 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1978 » by dckingsfan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:37 pm

Do you think folks will notice when we cross 200,000 dead in ~ two weeks?

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1979 » by FAH1223 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:45 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Do you think folks will notice when we cross 200,000 dead in ~ two weeks?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

We have the first high quality live caller poll in a while from Ann Selzer, a national poll with Democrats +8 (49%-41%) done right after the Republican national convention ended, which should put all discussions of a tightening on ice for a while. The poll, a Likely Voter screen poll with a whiter electorate in 2020 than 2016, shows Joe Biden firmly ahead, and without any crosstab based landmines on his way to winning the White House.

Let’s start with the race data, where Joe Biden is only losing whites by 3% on route to this D+8 result. It is the second poll this week to show this kind of white support, and unlike AtlasIntel, they don’t have Trump winning 29% of Blacks and 41% of Hispanics. For Democrats worried about the fact that there is 10% not going to either Biden or Trump, fret not: 7% of whites are not voting for either major party candidate, whereas 13% of non-whites are, meaning that any expected split of undecideds should break to Biden, and any notion of a shy Trump voter should be tossed out the window.

Dig into the possible sources of polling error, and it doesn’t exist. Some pollsters are getting samples that are more diverse since 2016, and run some risk of getting a sample low on non-degree whites – but here, only 25% of the sample is non-white, as opposed to 26% in 2016. They’re not missing white voters, and their education splits for white voters (after some analysis, given what was released in the press release didn’t explicitly say it) looks quite like what the NYT/Siena had the last time they polled. And, for any claim that may arise, this poll was low on Biden in March – they only had a 4% lead when others flirted with the high single digits.

Suffolk is also out with a national poll, D+7 (50%-43%) – and both pollsters polled right after the RNC. The chances are that these numbers are artificially good for Trump, if anything, and given he’s losing badly, that’s a horrible sign for him. Could he come back? I mean, I guess anything is possible, but he is running out of time and of potential reasons he would come back. It was supposed to be the Conventions, but at this point he either got a convention bump – which means this D+8 is really a D+10 with the bump taken out – or he never got one at all, which would mean that even four nights of free airtime can’t save him. I’m not sure if either is preferable for the President, but both are horrible for him.

Nothing as of right now suggests that the result of the November election will be anything but a blowout for the former Vice President. Trump needs to shake up this race to get rid of that fundamental truth. His convention failed to do it, his law and order attacks have failed to do it, and he has lost five and a half months now in his quest to turn this ship around. Refusing to live in that reality isn’t smart punditry, it is denial of facts, and as day follows night, Donald Trump is on track to be the first one-term President of my life. After all, he’s running out of time to stop it.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#1980 » by TGW » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm still not buying Biden being up by some insurmountable lead. Biden being a weak candidate and hiding from the public makes him just as beatable as the person Trump beat in 2016.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards