ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Season Suspended Indefinitely

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Re: NBA Season Suspended Indefinitely 

Post#261 » by payitforward » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:08 pm

I think CCJ may well turn out to be right. A very high chance of it.

I think Queridiculo is also right -- it would have been better to hold this shindig in... I don't know, maybe North Dakota? Some place where Covid incidence is very low, population is small & spread out, etc.

But, even in that case... I still think there'd be quite a high chance that CCJ's prediction prevails.

Makes you wonder... will there even be a next season? Yikes....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#262 » by montestewart » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:37 pm

queridiculo wrote:Picking a state run by maniacs probably not the best idea.

Not a chance I'd go to Florida if I was a player.

I don't disagree, but Disney World is legally a separate land entity, equivalent to a municipality, and is exempt from much state regulation, which gives Disney much more control over what goes on inside its borders. Over the years this has proved to be both good (for them) and bad (for labor, the environment, and so on), but that consolidated local control, coupled with the available facilities and ability to regulate who is present, might have been what made the location appealing to the NBA.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#263 » by gambitx777 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:25 am

Bertains is sitting out per tommy. Looks like jerian grant as Mathews might get the chance to play

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#264 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:24 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Bertains is sitting out per tommy. Looks like jerian grant as Mathews might get the chance to play

Grant was the name that came to my mind first. I hope he gets the opportunity. He belongs in the NBA, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#265 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Bertains is sitting out per tommy. Looks like jerian grant as Mathews might get the chance to play

Grant was the name that came to my mind first. I hope he gets the opportunity. He belongs in the NBA, imo.

Yeah, it was ultimately a good decision for Washington not to take him back in 2015 (although not that much better given what the Wizards received for Oubre from Phoenix, and you could argue worse with the 2nd rounders they gave up to move up). That being said, yeah, I wouldn't mind if the Wizards took a chance on him.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#266 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:50 pm

The rise should concern the NBA according to experts https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-florida-coronavirus-disney-orlando-orange-county-cases-162243057.html

Also Disney world workers petition delays as Coronavirus spikes in Florida https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/media/disney-world-petition-trnd/index.html
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#267 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 am

Damn our schedule looks hella winnable.

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#268 » by dlts20 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:58 am

Have you guys been paying attention to the fact that we have no Wall or Bertans but half the Nets roster is sitting out. I said a month ago why are we even going if Wall isn't playing. All we are doing is risking a Beal injury and us losing our lottery pick. That was even before Bertan. I could see Brooklyn tanking. Most on here still seemed excited. I love watching our team and the playoffs would be fun but I'm worried that Ted is being duped by the league and the Nets
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#269 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:58 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Damn our schedule looks hella winnable.

I'm inclined to believe Kevin Broom on that. "Wiz are 7.46 points per game weaker than their average opponent in the restart. They're decided underdogs in all eight. Their best odds of winning are 38% vs. PHO and BRK."
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:01 pm

I do find it irritating that Beal had an interview yesterday saying he may or may not play the rest of the season. Not just that the NBA is making all these plans and NEEDS to make arrangements now, but man up and make a decision - and realize that if teams show up without their stars, it makes the NBA look bad and people will complain about integrity.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#271 » by dlts20 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:26 pm

Ruzious wrote:I do find it irritating that Beal had an interview yesterday saying he may or may not play the rest of the season. Not just that the NBA is making all these plans and NEEDS to make arrangements now, but man up and make a decision - and realize that if teams show up without their stars, it makes the NBA look bad and people will complain about integrity.

I totally disagree. 1st off he still has time to make his decision. All of the guys do. He doesn't have to rush before then. No one cares if the Wiz show up without Beal.... Lol

Literally most media and fans do not even want us there. They don't think that we deserve it and we are just adding more bodies to the bubble to help the virus spread. If we somehow manage to make the playoffs then most think that we will be swept in 4 blowouts.

All of that is best case. Worst and a very good possibility is Beal suffering a major injury for something so meaningless. It's not like he's taking advantage in terms of being paid. If he doesn't go, he does not get paid. Again, this whole trip to me was about Wall. Once they shut him down then I literally don't care what anyone on our team decides to do because it's a pandemic and we have very little chance of success while risking losing our lottery pick and Beal going down with something major that could really destroy us for years like the Wall contract.

All I'm saying is that for the Wiz, I will truly give them their freedom to do what they want. You basically cancled everything when you said that Wall was 110 percent but won't play. I'm more upset with that than Beal. Brad would be full go if John played. I bet even Bertans would go. Cousins may have even considered
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#272 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:16 pm

dlts20 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I do find it irritating that Beal had an interview yesterday saying he may or may not play the rest of the season. Not just that the NBA is making all these plans and NEEDS to make arrangements now, but man up and make a decision - and realize that if teams show up without their stars, it makes the NBA look bad and people will complain about integrity.

I totally disagree. 1st off he still has time to make his decision. All of the guys do. He doesn't have to rush before then. No one cares if the Wiz show up without Beal.... Lol

Literally most media and fans do not even want us there. They don't think that we deserve it and we are just adding more bodies to the bubble to help the virus spread. If we somehow manage to make the playoffs then most think that we will be swept in 4 blowouts.

All of that is best case. Worst and a very good possibility is Beal suffering a major injury for something so meaningless. It's not like he's taking advantage in terms of being paid. If he doesn't go, he does not get paid. Again, this whole trip to me was about Wall. Once they shut him down then I literally don't care what anyone on our team decides to do because it's a pandemic and we have very little chance of success while risking losing our lottery pick and Beal going down with something major that could really destroy us for years like the Wall contract.

All I'm saying is that for the Wiz, I will truly give them their freedom to do what they want. You basically cancled everything when you said that Wall was 110 percent but won't play. I'm more upset with that than Beal. Brad would be full go if John played. I bet even Bertans would go. Cousins may have even considered

You're disagreeing with my while ignoring all my points - great, lol. It has nothing to do with whether or not anyone wants to see the Wiz. It's about the integrity of the game. How they play might influence who gets in the playoffs and who plays who. Having a shell of the team playing makes the NBA look foolish. And the NBA did - in fact - ask for EVERY player to have given them a yes or no by June 24th.https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/16/deadline-day-by-june-24-nba-players-reportedly-must-tell-teams-they-will-not-play-in-restart/ I never said a thing critical of his right to not play. What I said was that he needs to make a choice. He's 8 days past the deadline. The deadline is there for a reason. The folks putting this together have a ton of plans to make - for safety reasons.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#273 » by DCZards » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:23 pm

Zards announced yesterday that they're adding Jerian Grant to the restart roster.

The Washington Wizards announced today the addition of free agent guard Jerian Grant.

Grant, a 6-4, 204-pound guard, appeared in 39 games (37 starts) with the Wizards’ NBA G League affiliate, the Capital City Go-Go, this season, averaging 16.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game. At the conclusion of the NBA G League season in March, Grant was shooting .469 from the field and .435 from three-point range, the fifth-best percentage in the league. Grant topped 20-plus points 12 times on the season and tallied five double-doubles (three point-assist and two point-rebound).

A native of Silver Spring, MD, and a DeMatha product, Grant has appeared in 273 games with 61 starts in his four-year NBA career with the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and Orlando Magic. In 60 games with the Magic in 2018-19, Grant averaged 4.2 points and 2.6 assists per game and holds career averages of 6.1 points and 2.9 assists per game.

Grant, the son of former Washington Bullet Harvey Grant, played four seasons at Notre Dame, where he was twice named to all-conference teams and was a Consensus All-American in the 2014-15 season. He was originally selected by the Wizards with the 19th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, but was traded on draft night to the Atlanta Hawks and then again to the New York Knicks.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#274 » by dlts20 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dlts20 wrote:

You're disagreeing with my while ignoring all my points - great, lol. It has nothing to do with whether or not anyone wants to see the Wiz. It's about the integrity of the game. How they play might influence who gets in the playoffs and who plays who. Having a shell of the team playing makes the NBA look foolish. And the NBA did - in fact - ask for EVERY player to have given them a yes or no by June 24th.https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/16/deadline-day-by-june-24-nba-players-reportedly-must-tell-teams-they-will-not-play-in-restart/ I never said a thing critical of his right to not play. What I said was that he needs to make a choice. He's 8 days past the deadline. The deadline is there for a reason. The folks putting this together have a ton of plans to make - for safety reasons.

It's not, bruh. Woj and others said that was a soft deadline but they basically have until camp
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:17 pm

dlts20 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
dlts20 wrote:I totally disagree. 1st off he still has time to make his decision. All of the guys do. He doesn't have to rush before then. No one cares if the Wiz show up without Beal.... Lol

It's not, bruh. Woj and others said that was a soft deadline but they basically have until camp

I said it's irritating, and I gave you my reasons. Obviously, they're not going to enforce the deadline, but they put it there for reasons to help with safety procedures. Nothing you've said is relevant to what I said. Bruh.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#276 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#277 » by payitforward » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:34 pm

I'm really starting to think that they'll bag this whole re-start. I'm worried about next season to tell the truth. Whether there will be a next season.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#278 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:10 am

We are gonna have a vaccine by then. More than likely or heard immunity. In 3 months Florida will be the safest place on earth any one there now will either be 6ft under or immune.
payitforward wrote:I'm really starting to think that they'll bag this whole re-start. I'm worried about next season to tell the truth. Whether there will be a next season.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#280 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Apparently Matthews opted out for personal reasons. Matthews should have gone no mater what. He needed that playing time. And damn how are we even fielding a team . Just call it at this point, if we were at full power I would say let go get that play off spot but he'll we don't HAVE A TEAM.

Return to Washington Wizards