Post#282 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:58 am

Harden, too, apparently.
Bucket! Bucket!
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: NBA Season Suspended Indefinitely 

Post#283 » by gambitx777 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:05 am

So Matthews might still join the team???

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#284 » by DCZards » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:18 am

The Whiteboard: 5 sleepers waiting to break out in NBA’s Orlando restart

Troy Brown, F, Washington Wizards

In his two NBA seasons, Brown has always been a complementary offensive player, mostly working off the ball and adapting to life as a role player. But with Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans not joining the Wizards in Orlando, there are going to be a lot more shots available in Washington’s offense, and a lot more opportunities for him to play with the kind of primacy he did at Oregon.

Brown managed just 15 points on 22 isolation possessions during the interrupted season, but necessity is the mother of invention. He’ll also have the opportunity to do more creating for others. One of the most appealing parts of his pre-draft profile was his combination of size on the wing and passing ability out of the pick-and-roll.

https://fansided.com/2020/07/13/nba-sleepers-alex-caruso-duncan-robinson/
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#285 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:27 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:Harden, too, apparently.

Good luck drawing contact. Get well soon.
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#286 » by Eli Babak » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter

He was selected to the All-NBA G League First Team this season and put up pretty nice numbers.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,349

Post#287 » by doclinkin » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

He was selected to the All-NBA G League First Team this season and put up pretty nice numbers.

A replacement Bertans. With Garret Matthews out we needed another GLWD. (Goofy looking white dude). He looks like he's got a bit of range, so that's alright.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#288 » by Ruzious » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:19 am

And he actually gets some blocks and steals. He was a college teammate of ex-Wiz Aaron White - I think he has better tools than White. Good signing, imo. I think he's got a good chance to stick in the NBA.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:00 am

Seems like this is going to work for the NBA. https://www.nba.com/article/2020/07/20/latest-covid-19-test-results
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#290 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Anyone going to do a game thread for today’s version of Calvinball?
In Rizzo we trust
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#291 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Holy moly -- who knew? -- there's a ton of content at www.washingtonwizards.com. Lots of videos. Does any of it mean anything? No, of course not! But, it's basketball-related entertainment!

Admiral Schofield has lost 20 lbs & improved his handle. Etc. etc. etc.

Tell you what -- any basketball-related content, whatever it is, seems like a precious gift right now! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#292 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:17 pm

Troy Brown's "in the bubble" series is a hoot -- I'm watching a segment where he interviews the assistant equipment manager about how to wash clothes!

I can't believe we didn't talk about any of this fun stuff (ok... silly fun stuff) here!

NB -- Johnathan Williams is with the team for the re-start.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#293 » by miller31time » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Anyone going to do a game thread for today’s version of Calvinball?

I just hastily made one but if anyone has a thread they wanted to post, I can delete mine.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#294 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:24 am

It's back!

Watched chunks of the LA/LA game. Anthony Davis' box score stats were excellent, and he still played a LOT better than his boxscore stats - dominating at both ends of the court. Lebron was pretty ordinary, tbh. Then again, he was playing against the defensive pair o forwards in the NBA.
DCZards
General Manager

Post#295 » by DCZards » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's back!

Watched chunks of the LA/LA game. Anthony Davis' box score stats were excellent, and he still played a LOT better than his boxscore stats - dominating at both ends of the court. Lebron was pretty ordinary, tbh. Then again, he was playing against the defensive pair o forwards in the NBA.

Lebron put the Lakers up by two on a putback of his own shot...and then on the other end he literally shuts down both Leonard and George on the Clippers last possession. The King is still pretty good. :D
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:51 pm

DCZards wrote:

Lebron put the Lakers up by two on a putback of his own shot...and then on the other end he literally shuts down both Leonard and George on the Clippers last possession. The King is still pretty good. :D

But his play being so much below his usual self for the rest of the game helped keep the Clippers in the game. Davis played so much better than Lebron based on the entire game rather than on a possession or 2.
wall_glizzy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#297 » by wall_glizzy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 pm

I'm legitimately worried about us leapfrogging this Nets team and losing our lottery ticket. I can only hope that, assuming Caris LeVert's not in their future plans due to KD/Kyrie fit issues, they put him on full display and he continues to ball out like he was after the all-star break.
DCZards
General Manager

Post#298 » by DCZards » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm

Ruzious wrote:
DCZards wrote:

But his play being so much below his usual self for the rest of the game helped keep the Clippers in the game. Davis played so much better than Lebron based on the entire game rather than on a possession or 2.

Oh, no doubt AD played great last night...better than anybody on the court. I expect Lebron to be on cruise control during this 8 game regular season. He’ll turn up the volume in the playoffs.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,349

Post#299 » by doclinkin » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:16 am

wall_glizzy wrote:I'm legitimately worried about us leapfrogging this Nets team and losing our lottery ticket. I can only hope that, assuming Caris LeVert's not in their future plans due to KD/Kyrie fit issues, they put him on full display and he continues to ball out like he was after the all-star break.

How can we leapfrog the Nets. The only win I see possible on our schedule IS the Nets. They can lose every game and we would still have to win what, 4 games to pass them? Show me 4 winnable games in Nets, Pacers, Sixers, Pelicans, Thunder, Bucks, Celtics.

Nets, and who else.
wall_glizzy
Junior
And1: 199

Post#300 » by wall_glizzy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:15 am

doclinkin wrote:How can we leapfrog the Nets. The only win I see possible on our schedule IS the Nets. They can lose every game and we would still have to win what, 4 games to pass them? Show me 4 winnable games in Nets, Pacers, Sixers, Pelicans, Thunder, Bucks, Celtics.

Nets, and who else.

We only need to end up within four games of them to trigger a play-in for the eighth seed, in which we'd play them in two consecutive single-elimination games for the last playoff spot (they'd only have to win one of the two to keep it, we'd have to win both). Right now, if they lose out we'd need to win two games to finish four behind - one would be our game against the Nets, since they're losing out in this scenario, and I wouldn't rule out either the Bucks or Celtics playing their C-stringers against us since by that point in the seeding games one or both of them are likely to be pretty set in the standings. A longer shot, but there's also no telling what the Pelicans do rest-wise if they're somehow already out of the running for eighth by the time we play.

It's not overwhelmingly likely, but it's still possible - especially considering that the Nets have lottery protections on their first-round pick for this year, which is otherwise owed to the Timberwolves. I'm sure they'd love to punt on sacrificing the pick until next year, when they're likely to be much, much better.

Return to Washington Wizards