ImageImageImageImageImage

Best Wizards/Bullets team you can put together

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Best Wizards/Bullets team you can put together 

Post#41 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:01 pm

doclinkin wrote:Coach Bernie Bickerstaff. But also Eddie F Jordan. And the hapless Jimmy Lynam in good natured fluster.

PG: Chris Whitney on two sprained ankles. but paradoxically also Hot Rod. Muggsy being Muggsy.
SG: Hibachi. Larry Hughes. Legler
SF: Tuff Juice. “I called game” Pierce. MJ.
PF: Webber. Googs. Big Ben. Sheed melting down about something.
C: Big Gheorghe. Haywood (vs Bron). Manute. JaVale starting in the paint to block a three point shot at the apex of its arc. Also his never-to-be-duplicated dunk contest tricks. As usual the winner that year was... not.

Are the Wiz’lets I’ve most enjoyed watching.

Excellent list. Chris Whitney really does belong up there I’m on the all time best wizards or bullets.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#42 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Shout outs to Richard (Rip) Hamilton, Bobby Simmons, and Mitchell Butler as well as Garrett Temple.

All solid dudes.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#43 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 pm

Here's a nice article on who I think is the most underrated Bullet I watched as a kid - KP: https://ballislife.com/remembering-the-greatest-unknown-passer-in-nba-history-kevin-porter/

Next to Nate Archibald, I think he was the fastest player of his era - and a pure point guard.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RealGM

Post#44 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm

Safe to say Abe Pollin’s “son”, Wes Unseld, is the greatest Wizard of all times.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:Here's a nice article on who I think is the most underrated Bullet I watched as a kid - KP: https://ballislife.com/remembering-the-greatest-unknown-passer-in-nba-history-kevin-porter/

Next to Nate Archibald, I think he was the fastest player of his era - and a pure point guard.

Thanks for posting this, Ruzious!

This part tells just how underrated KP, Kevin Porter, was and still remains:

Not just one of the most unappreciated passers of all-time, he could score too: averaging over 15 points a game in three of his 10 seasons and a double-double in seven. His combination of being able to dish and score really showed a year after his record breaking night in 1978, when he became the first and only player to ever put up 30 points and 25 assists in a game. Since then, only four players — John Stockton, Isiah Thomas, Jason Kidd and Scott Skiles — have put up 20/25 games. Of those, Scott Skiles 22 and 30 in 1990 broke Porter’s NBA record for most assists in a single-game.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,349

Post#46 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:35 am

Ruzious wrote:Here's a nice article on who I think is the most underrated Bullet I watched as a kid - KP: https://ballislife.com/remembering-the-greatest-unknown-passer-in-nba-history-kevin-porter/

Porter was fantastic. It just so happens that two of the best Wizards of all time happen to be PG's better than Porter (Arenas and Wall)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,349

Post#47 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:39 am

If you could have any Wizard player, but get the best prime year of that player (even if he wasn't a Wizard during his prime), then the team would be incredible:

PG Arenas/M.Price
SG Jordan/Richmond
SF Pierce/B.King
PF Webber/R.Wallace
C Moses Malone/Ben Wallace
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#48 » by mhd » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:51 am

nate33 wrote:If you could have any Wizard player, but get the best prime year of that player (even if he wasn't a Wizard during his prime), then the team would be incredible:

PG Arenas/M.Price
SG Jordan/Richmond
SF Pierce/B.King
PF Webber/R.Wallace
C Moses Malone/Ben Wallace

The Lakers own this category...

Lakers:
PG: Magic/Payton
SG: Kobe/West
SF: Lebron/Worthy
PF: Malone/Baylor/Davis
C: KAJ/Wilt/Shaq