Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIX 

Post#1261 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1262 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Pretty sure they have a few surveilance cameras in the Capitol. This shouldn't be too difficult to investigate. If she's lying, she better be done. Hell, if she tried to direct the (other) terrorists to Pelosi, she better be done.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1263 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

indeed, balls of steel.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1264 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1265 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1266 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:16 am

This is bad. We need antitrust enforcers not Obama era officials who saw these big corporations get big and did nothing about them
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1267 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:52 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

My firm is a good 11 miles away from the Capitol, and the partners told us not to go to work tomorrow - because of the potential violence. Amazing.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1268 » by payitforward » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 pm

If there is any serious violence at tomorrow's inauguration, any actual attempt on the life of Biden, before or after he changes from President-Elect to President of the United States, I expect that to be the end of Qanon.

Legal means will be employed if useful; otherwise, those who participate in it or push its purposes will simply be hunted down & killed.

At that point, we will also see a radical change in gun laws, & I would expect the NRA to be put out of business altogether.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#1269 » by pancakes3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

this is such dogsh*t condescending bullspit that only works on half-educated libertarians. nobody uses google because they think it's better. they use it because it's the default and inertia allows google to shut competitors out of the market, which is the entire point of your job, ReNaTa.

it's a palpable disdain for laypersons that aren't in the antitrust clique, and wouldn't understand such lofty, high-minded concepts of antitrust. except it's not. none of this is above anyone's heads, and if it is, it's the job of the attorneys and journalists to digest it to make it comprehensible to the layperson.
Bullets -> Wizards
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1270 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:38 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
this is such dogsh*t condescending bullspit that only works on half-educated libertarians. nobody uses google because they think it's better. they use it because it's the default and inertia allows google to shut competitors out of the market, which is the entire point of your job, ReNaTa.

it's a palpable disdain for laypersons that aren't in the antitrust clique, and wouldn't understand such lofty, high-minded concepts of antitrust. except it's not. none of this is above anyone's heads, and if it is, it's the job of the attorneys and journalists to digest it to make it comprehensible to the layperson.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#1271 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Cool stuff. I have a field of specialization in industrial organization so I should have an opinion about this but unfortunately it was from the 90s and completely out of date now. Well, let me have a think about it.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1272 » by dobrojim » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 pm

payitforward wrote:If there is any serious violence at tomorrow's inauguration, any actual attempt on the life of Biden, before or after he changes from President-Elect to President of the United States, I expect that to be the end of Qanon.

Legal means will be employed if useful; otherwise, those who participate in it or push its purposes will simply be hunted down & killed.

At that point, we will also see a radical change in gun laws, & I would expect the NRA to be put out of business altogether.

Maybe this was all a dream but I thought I had recently read something about the NRA having to file
bankruptcy papers. Of course that's not exactly the same as being put out of business...
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1273 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:54 pm

dobrojim wrote:
payitforward wrote:If there is any serious violence at tomorrow's inauguration, any actual attempt on the life of Biden, before or after he changes from President-Elect to President of the United States, I expect that to be the end of Qanon.

Maybe this was all a dream but I thought I had recently read something about the NRA having to file
bankruptcy papers. Of course that's not exactly the same as being put out of business...

It was a dream come true. As someone smarter than me said, their financial status reached their moral status: bankrupt. They plan to move from NY and reincorporate in Texas as a non-profit.

And speaking of dreams coming true, our Liar in Chief is gone from the WH! As Speedy from Alka Seltzer used to say...

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1274 » by tontoz » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Good riddance. Hopefully no violence today so we can just move on.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#1275 » by Pointgod » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Congratulations guys! You did it! You got the cancer out of the Whitehouse. Now the real work begins. The rest of the world celebrates with you and wishes Biden and Harris the best during their term.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1276 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Pointgod wrote:Congratulations guys! You did it! You got the cancer out of the Whitehouse. Now the real work begins. The rest of the world celebrates with you and wishes Biden and Harris the best during their term.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1277 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:31 pm

Congratulations everybody on the survival of Democracy in the United States for four more years. We have at least two years to fix everything Trump broke. It's also an opportunity to take advantage of Trump accidentally breaking things that actually needed to be broken, like NATO. It's a shame Russia burned all its bridges with us - I would say it's an opportunity to mend things with them, but after the last four years I don't see how that's possible. Maybe Biden will surprise me.

On google and facebook needing to be broken up - I don't see why natural competition can't break up facebook and twitter. It's already happening - people who want to live in little alternate reality bubbles, and don't want to be forced to encounter people from other bubbles, are already leaving twitter for parler. I think the problem is bubble formation, and that has nothing to do with monopoly power. Can we legislate away human nature, the tendency to form into tribes and hate the other?

I think Biden and his team nailed it today - we are trying to form a *more perfect* union. We are good because we strive to be better. We will never be perfect and the founding fathers put that in the second phrase of the preamble to the Constitution - "in order to form *a more perfect* union"
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1278 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

It was a dream come true. As someone smarter than me said, their financial status reached their moral status: bankrupt. They plan to move from NY and reincorporate in Texas as a non-profit.

And speaking of dreams coming true, our Liar in Chief is gone from the WH! As Speedy from Alka Seltzer used to say...

NRA filed for bankruptcy in New York to avoid prosecution from the NY ag. They are reincorporating in Texas.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/nra-files-for-bankruptcy-and-vows-to-move-organization-from-the-toxic-political-environment-of-new-york/
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#1279 » by Doug_Blew » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:02 pm

A great day indeed! Here's a toast to you StillDroppin20. I'm sure you have seen the light.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1280 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards