Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIX 

Post#541 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 pm

montestewart wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
montestewart wrote:6 out of 10 Republicans say that is a good quality in a president. 2 out of 10 Democrats pegged that in pre-election predictions. So no big deal for a lot of us.

Conclusive proof that Trump has ever selflessly done anything for anyone, now that would raise some eyebrows.

Well, here is an example of Trump doing just that...

Read on Twitter

Assume you meant Biden, not Trump, but maybe you meant that Trump had selflessly conceded to Biden any claim to empathy and compassion, which, like selflessness, are qualities of weakness for losers. You sure that kid isn't a professional Antifa Riot Bus crisis actor on the Soros payroll? It looks a little too unpracticed and sincere to be unpracticed and sincere.

I know, I know - green font is my friend - but I just couldn't help myself.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#542 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Interesting article on why the thing's martyrdumb act appeals in religious ways to some. And it makes sense when a religion focuses on the suffering of its Messiah as the main reason to worship him.
https://newrepublic.com/article/158042/kayleigh-mcenany-trump-christian-martyrdom-columbine
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#543 » by montestewart » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:03 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
montestewart wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Well, here is an example of Trump doing just that...

Read on Twitter

Assume you meant Biden, not Trump, but maybe you meant that Trump had selflessly conceded to Biden any claim to empathy and compassion, which, like selflessness, are qualities of weakness for losers. You sure that kid isn't a professional Antifa Riot Bus crisis actor on the Soros payroll? It looks a little too unpracticed and sincere to be unpracticed and sincere.

It opened up a seam for an extended Trumpolean slipsloppisolipsisoliloquy. Sa da Tay.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#544 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:33 pm

montestewart wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
montestewart wrote:Assume you meant Biden, not Trump, but maybe you meant that Trump had selflessly conceded to Biden any claim to empathy and compassion, which, like selflessness, are qualities of weakness for losers. You sure that kid isn't a professional Antifa Riot Bus crisis actor on the Soros payroll? It looks a little too unpracticed and sincere to be unpracticed and sincere.

It opened up a seam for an extended Trumpolean slipsloppisolipsisoliloquy. Sa da Tay.

Hmmm, maybe folks are standing inline for a reason?

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#545 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:57 pm

verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#546 » by verbal8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:58 pm

pancakes3 wrote:i forget if anyone posted the footage of trumpers attempting to intimidate voters at early voting in Fairfax but (1) that went VIRAL and (2) was so infuriating.

i wish a trumper would. i'm saving my vote for in-person just to yell at trumpers in line.

I went a few days after that. I was super tempted to ask the GOP if they had an sample tax returns, but my wife would have been too embarassed.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#547 » by pancakes3 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#548 » by pancakes3 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

so weird, right?
Bullets -> Wizards
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#549 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am

pancakes3 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

so weird, right?

i'm shocked
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#550 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:24 pm

And those morons did it because they figured Trump would want them to do it... and because they're morons. They also probably figured that Trump would pardon them if they get caught.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#551 » by Wizardspride » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#552 » by Pointgod » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Please guys do me this one favor. Vote these racists the **** out of power. Do it for your old friend Pointgod
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#553 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:17 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

A truly arrogant racist piece of garbage showing his true colors.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#554 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 am

For something that was so politically inevitable, radical left wing twitter is ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS about the Barrett confirmation right now. Like, more angry than I've seen in awhile. Nancy Pelosi. Chuck Schumer openly talking about expanding the SCOTUS.

Interesting political move by McConnell, who like Hitler is counting on his opponents' cowardice. Strange for him to make a move that so infuriates his opposition, 8 days before they start counting ballots.

Last, desperate move of obsolete political party? Or foreshadowing of intent to impose dictatorship? Will be interesting to see how the election turns out.

I think Trump loses but voter suppression allows the Republicans to squeak out enough senate wins to maintain the majority, making McConnell absolutely correct in anticipating no consequences to the huge middle finger he gave to America just now.

We'll see i guess.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#555 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:For something that was so politically inevitable, radical left wing twitter is ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS about the Barrett confirmation right now. Like, more angry than I've seen in awhile. Nancy Pelosi. Chuck Schumer openly talking about expanding the SCOTUS.

Interesting political move by McConnell, who like Hitler is counting on his opponents' cowardice. Strange for him to make a move that so infuriates his opposition, 8 days before they start counting ballots.

Last, desperate move of obsolete political party? Or foreshadowing of intent to impose dictatorship? Will be interesting to see how the election turns out.

I think Trump loses but voter suppression allows the Republicans to squeak out enough senate wins to maintain the majority, making McConnell absolutely correct in anticipating no consequences to the huge middle finger he gave to America just now.

We'll see i guess.

Well where was this anger from the radical left wing twitter in 2016 when people were begging them to vote for Clinton precisely because the Supreme Court was on the ballot. It was always in the balance, the constitution was always in the balance, so was the future of the country. I fully hope that this anger sustains them to turnout and vote for Democrats in 2022, 2024 and every single midterm, Presidential and special election over the next 30 years because Republicans can’t be allowed to gain any type of power any time soon.

As for Mitch McConnell, he’s the classic comic book/movie villain. He’ll gladly see the world burn to the ground just to satisfy his own goals and ego. He doesn’t care if he loses the Senate because his seat is safe. You’re very right he could be threading the needle, but Democrats have two pickups in CO and Arizona and only need two more to take control of the Senate. Remember for McConnell, he’s the hero of his own journey he only cares about the right wing history books will right about him. Everyone else can **** off
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#556 » by dobrojim » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:32 am

Wasserman was pretty optimistic on Chris Hayes tonight echoing
lines of reasoning similar to his tweet that was recently posted.

I hope law enforcement has a plan for post election movements
by POTUS.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#557 » by dobrojim » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:36 am

Zonkerbl wrote:For something that was so politically inevitable, radical left wing twitter is ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS about the Barrett confirmation right now. Like, more angry than I've seen in awhile. Nancy Pelosi. Chuck Schumer openly talking about expanding the SCOTUS.

We'll see i guess.

The more I think about and learn about the idea of ‘packing the court’
the more I like it mainly because it dilutes the importance of any
single judge/justice.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#558 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:43 pm

dobrojim wrote:

We'll see i guess.

single judge/justice.

Gloves have to come off at this point. Here’s the game plan:

1. Win POTUS
2. Win Senate
3. Eliminate filibuster
4. Statehood to PR and DC
5. Enact SCOTUS term limits
6. Add seats to the court
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#559 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:00 pm

It's gotta start with destroying Trump - not just beating him.

Speaking of gloves off or hats off, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-trump-supporters-stuck-on-freezing-cold-omaha-airfield-after-rally/ar-BB1atyrX?li=BBnb7Kz Should we feel sorry for these folks nearly freezing to death? Obviously Trump doesn't care - as long as they don't die before they vote.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#560 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:14 pm

dobrojim wrote:

We'll see i guess.

single judge/justice.

When it comes down to it, I just can't root for an increase in the number of SC Justices. While it's more than tempting to get revenge and avoid the terrible damage done by the current Senate, it would be cheapening a vital and sacred part of our government. And with more Justices, it would be more difficult for the SC to do its job. We need to avoid politicizing the SC. It made me sick the other day seeing a commercial for Barrett's confirmation. Something like that should never happen again.

Return to Washington Wizards