Zonkerbl wrote:Preventing panic is 10% of your job as President. The other 90% is adopting policies to save people's lives instead of actively discouraging people from wearing masks and social distancing.
What part of "It's a Democrat hoax" was preventing panic?
The annoying thing is he's not even a very good liar, it's just his brainwashees want to believe him so badly they'll swallow any snake oil he offers, even fake snake oil.
The panic he was attempting to prevent was 100% about the stock market. He was protecting stockholders, not citizens. His stakeholders, not the public good. Note how he cites every uptick in the market as if the country is doing well. Closing on 200,000 deaths means the country is by no means "well". However if you look at the increase in wealth of the top 1% during this time, he is doing a fine job of protecting his core constituency: the exceedingly wealthy.