ImageImageImageImageImage

Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!!

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,728
And1: 1,889
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#1 » by doclinkin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:58 pm

:beer:
:curse:
:meditate:
:rockon:
:vent:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:wizard: :hoop:
:swami:
:clown:

tell us a story grandpa! what have you learned in allllll your years of wisdom...
User avatar
youngWizzy
Rookie
Posts: 1,106
And1: 424
Joined: Dec 20, 2016
 

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#2 » by youngWizzy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Happy Birthday PIF!!!
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 46,496
And1: 5,626
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#3 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Happy Birthday, PIF!

Party on!

:rockon:
2020 Wizards SHOULD Draft:

(Unless they move up in the top to draft Wiseman/Okongwu)

JALEN SMITH and either Xavier Tillman, Paul Reed, Udoka Azubuike, or TYLER BEY (if they get lucky and he slips in the draft).
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,623
And1: 7,026
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#4 » by dckingsfan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Doesn't look old to me at all...

Image
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,080
And1: 4,344
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#5 » by payitforward » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:14 am

One thing I've learned is that if when you were young you pretended that you were experienced & wise, then when you're old you get to pretend that you're young, open, & always learning.

Another thing I've learned: if you pretend that you're young, open, & always learning -- you have a chance to make it so!

Peace out, kids!
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
User avatar
AFM
General Manager
Posts: 8,379
And1: 4,542
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#6 » by AFM » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:00 am

Happy birthday man
dobrojim
RealGM
Posts: 13,702
And1: 1,642
Joined: Sep 16, 2004

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#7 » by dobrojim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Best wishes for a great birthday.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 13,483
And1: 6,120
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#8 » by montestewart » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 pm

doclinkin wrote::beer:
:curse:
:meditate:
:rockon:
:vent:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:wizard: :hoop:
:swami:
:clown:

tell us a story grandpa! what have you learned in allllll your years of wisdom...


Tell us about the time you got in a fight with William Burroughs

Image


Happy Late Birthday Professor PIF! Sorry I missed the party. I've been celebrating my wife's 9-11 birthday this weekend. For me, "9-11, NEVER FORGET" carries a much deeper, "or else" meaning.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,623
And1: 7,026
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#9 » by dckingsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm

payitforward wrote:One thing I've learned is that if when you were young you pretended that you were experienced & wise, then when you're old you get to pretend that you're young, open, & always learning.

Another thing I've learned: if you pretend that you're young, open, & always learning -- you have a chance to make it so!

Peace out, kids!

Another way to say this: You know you are old when there is nothing left to learn the hard way :D
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 9,728
And1: 1,889
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#10 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
payitforward wrote:One thing I've learned is that if when you were young you pretended that you were experienced & wise, then when you're old you get to pretend that you're young, open, & always learning.

Another thing I've learned: if you pretend that you're young, open, & always learning -- you have a chance to make it so!

Peace out, kids!

Another way to say this: You know you are old when there is nothing left to learn the hard way :D


Oh I like this. I'm borrowing it. Yours? Or attribution.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 19,623
And1: 7,026
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#11 » by dckingsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 pm

doclinkin wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
payitforward wrote:One thing I've learned is that if when you were young you pretended that you were experienced & wise, then when you're old you get to pretend that you're young, open, & always learning.

Another thing I've learned: if you pretend that you're young, open, & always learning -- you have a chance to make it so!

Peace out, kids!

Another way to say this: You know you are old when there is nothing left to learn the hard way :D


Oh I like this. I'm borrowing it. Yours? Or attribution.

Grandfather used to say it... so way predates me.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 40,974
And1: 6,866
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Pif, I remember your birthday because it's the same as Yao Ming's. Now, I just need a way to remember Yao Ming's birthday. I got it - it's the day after 9/11. Happy birthday weekend!
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 14,080
And1: 4,344
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: Happy BIRTHDAY Payitforward you old coot!!! 

Post#13 » by payitforward » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 am

doclinkin wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
payitforward wrote:One thing I've learned is that if when you were young you pretended that you were experienced & wise, then when you're old you get to pretend that you're young, open, & always learning.

Another thing I've learned: if you pretend that you're young, open, & always learning -- you have a chance to make it so!

Peace out, kids!

Another way to say this: You know you are old when there is nothing left to learn the hard way :D

Oh I like this. I'm borrowing it. Yours? Or attribution.

It's great, isn't it?

I tell you what -- if true, I guess I'm not old yet: "the hard way" remains the only way I ever learn anything.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.

Return to Washington Wizards