ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,057
And1: 3,667
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#281 » by TGW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Allen Robinson and Kyle Pitts. If somehow they can nab both of these guys, I'd say there's potential for a SB run.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,071
And1: 2,157
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#282 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 am

TGW wrote:Allen Robinson and Kyle Pitts. If somehow they can nab both of these guys, I'd say there's potential for a SB run.


I’d love that. But I don’t see any way Pitts drops to 19
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#283 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 pm

I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,071
And1: 2,157
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#284 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.


Word. I think he fits need and draft position really well.
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
WashWiz54
Veteran
Posts: 2,752
And1: 294
Joined: Aug 07, 2004

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#285 » by WashWiz54 » Yesterday 3:53 am

So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#286 » by Ruzious » Yesterday 4:16 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.

Until we get a decent owner, we'll continue to make inexplicably poor decisions like this.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#287 » by Ruzious » Yesterday 4:28 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'm definitely for signing a top-flight WR like Allen Robinson, and I know we need to focus on offense, but I'd lovel to get Zaven Collins- the big LBer from Tulsa. Looks like we could even trade down about 10 spots to get him. 6'4 and somewhere between 240 and 260 - and had the best pass defense rating for a LBer in years. He also won the Bronco Nagurski Award for college DPOY. Dude's an impact player with tremendous versatility and size. I don't get why he's not rated a top 10 player, but every mock I saw has him either late 1st or early 2nd.


Word. I think he fits need and draft position really well.

I guess he's not rated higher because people are comparing him to 34 OLBers who rush the passer, and he got only 4 sacks, but that's not how Washington would use him - playing primarily a 43 defense. He'd be playing any of the 3 LBer positions - and playing much more coverage than blitzing.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,412
And1: 7,708
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#288 » by Wizardspride » Yesterday 6:00 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WashWiz54 wrote:So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.

Until we get a decent owner, we'll continue to make inexplicably poor decisions like this.

Don't blame Dan for this one.

This is 100% Ron.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#289 » by Ruzious » Today 1:06 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
WashWiz54 wrote:So from what I’m reading it sounds like we’re just saying screw Kyle Smith and what he’s built here?

That’s a bad decision.

Until we get a decent owner, we'll continue to make inexplicably poor decisions like this.

Don't blame Dan for this one.

This is 100% Ron.

Who gave Ron the power? Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think it never makes sense to give the coach the power to choose the GM.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas

Return to Washington Wizards