ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,555
And1: 10,613
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1021 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:43 pm

zero2hero wrote:Post game thoughts

Week 1 it wasnt on Del Rio.... Week 2 its on him. Every time we blitzed we created opportunities. We. Need. To. Bring. More. Pressure. That being said Chase Young so far as been underwhelming Year 2

Offensive thoughts.... Whatever Drew Brees is doing right now, we need to hire him as an offensive/QB coach ASAP. Taylor Heinicke is a couple inches taller than Brees but he plays like he's 5'9. He needs to be more confident in his reads. You saw that in the first half with overthrows, and in the second half with overcompensating with underthrows. He needs a short quarterback whisperer!!

I thought Taylor looked nervous in the beginning but settled down and was real good - except for the interception. If I recall right, he was 24 of 34 for 336 yards and 2 TD's to go with the int. I'll take that ever day - especially on Sundays. His QB rating remains over 100, and he's a lot more mobile than... Drew Brees. Brees is a future 1st ballot HOFer, so Taylor will never "measure up" to him. Honestly, I think his reads are generally terrific. He blew it on the int, but it seemed like the DB was tipped off somehow - the way he jumped the play. Sometimes ya gotta tip your hat to the defense.

I'm surprised how mediocre our defense has been so far, but it's early. The game was entertaining from start to finish. No doubt, we got some luck from the Giants' mistakes. We probably should have kept Gano, lol. Remember when Mark Mosely had the record for most consecutive FG's? It's a LOT more now.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,961
And1: 7,662
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1022 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:28 pm

I don't know who said it first but the quote is, "First you win and then you get good".

1-1

This is way better than 0-2 for the Washington Football Team
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 11,179
And1: 3,373
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1023 » by doclinkin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I don't know who said it first but the quote is, "First you win and then you get good".

1-1

This is way better than 0-2 for the Washington Football Team


Michael Wilbon: I've long bought into the philosophy expressed by some coaches that "first you win, then you get good." Bobby Ross was the coach I first heard talk it, and I buy into it 100 percent.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 17,664
And1: 3,167
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1024 » by tontoz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I don't know who said it first but the quote is, "First you win and then you get good".

1-1

This is way better than 0-2 for the Washington Football Team



Yeah it would have been really easy to lose that game.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,961
And1: 7,662
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1025 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I don't know who said it first but the quote is, "First you win and then you get good".

1-1

This is way better than 0-2 for the Washington Football Team


Michael Wilbon: I've long bought into the philosophy expressed by some coaches that "first you win, then you get good." Bobby Ross was the coach I first heard talk it, and I buy into it 100 percent.


docklinkin,

:bowdown: :rock:

I salute you, Sir
:usa:

Would you believe I have a personal experience Bobby Russ story?

deleted the BR story part
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 17,664
And1: 3,167
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1026 » by tontoz » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Finally watched the end of the game. Heinicke is cold blooded. No fear in this guy. Only his 3rd start but he plays like a vet.

:lol: @ the Giants being offsides on that first field goal.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
User avatar
gambitx777
Head Coach
Posts: 6,637
And1: 950
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1027 » by gambitx777 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:04 am

I was wondering if Tyler has that Kurt Warner in him? The time frames seem oddly familiar.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,571
And1: 2,610
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1028 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm

I hate to say this but the Pokes look legit.

Dak is back and Parsons is trouble
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,555
And1: 10,613
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1029 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:19 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I hate to say this but the Pokes look legit.

Dak is back and Parsons is trouble

It's definitely Dallas and Washington as the teams to watch in the NFC East. Still Dallas won because of a 56 yard last second FG, and LAC had 2 TD's called back by the officials, and Herbert uncharacteristically threw 2 bad int's. Dallas is loaded at the WR's. Their defense is different than ours - they're dominated by their LBers rather than their linemen.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
zero2hero
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 439
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
         

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1030 » by zero2hero » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:33 am

Ruzious wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I hate to say this but the Pokes look legit.

Dak is back and Parsons is trouble

It's definitely Dallas and Washington as the teams to watch in the NFC East. Still Dallas won because of a 56 yard last second FG, and LAC had 2 TD's called back by the officials, and Herbert uncharacteristically threw 2 bad int's. Dallas is loaded at the WR's. Their defense is different than ours - they're dominated by their LBers rather than their linemen.


I think teams have figured out Herbert, at this moment. He didn't look too great against the Football Team either. 2nd full year starting is a lot different than the 1st year - teams have a lot more tape on you. Same thing happened with Mayfield. Will Herbert adapt? Who knows

That being said, I'm not that sold on Dallas' defense. They are the better team atm but I think we could definitely put up points on them.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,571
And1: 2,610
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1031 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 pm

zero2hero wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I hate to say this but the Pokes look legit.

Dak is back and Parsons is trouble

It's definitely Dallas and Washington as the teams to watch in the NFC East. Still Dallas won because of a 56 yard last second FG, and LAC had 2 TD's called back by the officials, and Herbert uncharacteristically threw 2 bad int's. Dallas is loaded at the WR's. Their defense is different than ours - they're dominated by their LBers rather than their linemen.


I think teams have figured out Herbert, at this moment. He didn't look too great against the Football Team either. 2nd full year starting is a lot different than the 1st year - teams have a lot more tape on you. Same thing happened with Mayfield. Will Herbert adapt? Who knows

That being said, I'm not that sold on Dallas' defense. They are the better team atm but I think we could definitely put up points on them.


After watching week one, I’d have a really hard time saying that the WTFs figured out Herbert.
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,345
And1: 467
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1032 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

elevated DT Daniel Wise to the active roster earlier
I’m hoping the DL gets to Allen early & often
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
User avatar
zero2hero
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 439
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
         

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1033 » by zero2hero » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:46 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
zero2hero wrote:
Ruzious wrote:It's definitely Dallas and Washington as the teams to watch in the NFC East. Still Dallas won because of a 56 yard last second FG, and LAC had 2 TD's called back by the officials, and Herbert uncharacteristically threw 2 bad int's. Dallas is loaded at the WR's. Their defense is different than ours - they're dominated by their LBers rather than their linemen.


I think teams have figured out Herbert, at this moment. He didn't look too great against the Football Team either. 2nd full year starting is a lot different than the 1st year - teams have a lot more tape on you. Same thing happened with Mayfield. Will Herbert adapt? Who knows

That being said, I'm not that sold on Dallas' defense. They are the better team atm but I think we could definitely put up points on them.


After watching week one, I’d have a really hard time saying that the WTFs figured out Herbert.


I mean we held them to 13 points barring an Antonio Gibson fumble on our own goal line
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 16,294
And1: 7,645
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1034 » by queridiculo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Jack Del Rio should just pick up and get the **** out.

This is the most underachieving unit since the Mike Nolan days.
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 16,294
And1: 7,645
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1035 » by queridiculo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Oh yeah, and Turner can take a hike too.

I thought it was a terrible hire when he was announced, and he hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise.

Panthers fans were ecstatic when he got the boot.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,961
And1: 7,662
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1036 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Now I am going to review the offseason transactions. Several questionable moves made then appear to be bad decisions now.

Drafting Jamin Davis?
Cutting Jimmy Moreland?
Ryan Kerrigan ??
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,571
And1: 2,610
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1037 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:39 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Now I am going to review the offseason transactions. Several questionable moves made then appear to be bad decisions now.

Drafting Jamin Davis?
Cutting Jimmy Moreland?
Ryan Kerrigan ??


Definitely not seeing it from Davis. A number of much better players were on the board.

Isn’t Moreland injured with a chance to come back?

Del Rio’s defense makes no sense to me. Four man rush and soft coverage. Teams aren’t making great plays against us, they’re just have their QB take the easy completions we’re giving them.
In Rizzo we trust
User avatar
zero2hero
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 439
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
         

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1038 » by zero2hero » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:17 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Now I am going to review the offseason transactions. Several questionable moves made then appear to be bad decisions now.

Drafting Jamin Davis?
Cutting Jimmy Moreland?
Ryan Kerrigan ??


Definitely not seeing it from Davis. A number of much better players were on the board.

Isn’t Moreland injured with a chance to come back?

Del Rio’s defense makes no sense to me. Four man rush and soft coverage. Teams aren’t making great plays against us, they’re just have their QB take the easy completions we’re giving them.


Del Rio has been painfully soft and vanilla with his defense but our "star studden" D-Line has been severely underperforming also. A lot of them this offseason apparently drank too much of their own Kool-Aid, including and especially Chase Young
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,555
And1: 10,613
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1039 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:18 pm

queridiculo wrote:Jack Del Rio should just pick up and get the **** out.

This is the most underachieving unit since the Mike Nolan days.

We probably should have seen this coming in the preseason - when our backup defense put so little pressure on QB's. There was either a lack of teaching or a poor system.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,186
And1: 8,529
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1040 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 1, 2021 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Wizards