Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1121 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Like it or not, I figure it's going to be Red Wolves. And people will point out that it's interesting that we chose a nearly extinct animal that has no history in the DC area for our name.

Actually, Red Wolves populated the entire DMV at one time.

It must have been crowded. :wink:

I could be wrong, but what I was told is that the closest to the DC area that they were ever plentiful is North Carolina,
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1122 » by Wizardspride » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Like it or not, I figure it's going to be Red Wolves. And people will point out that it's interesting that we chose a nearly extinct animal that has no history in the DC area for our name.

I could be wrong, but what I was told is that the closest to the DC area that they were ever plentiful is North Carolina,

Here you go....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/local-opinions/bring-the-red-wolves-back-to-virginia/2020/11/19/14621f4a-2905-11eb-92b7-6ef17b3fe3b4_story.html

"Red wolves once ranged from northern Florida to southern New York, and west to the Mississippi."
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1123 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:13 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Actually, Red Wolves populated the entire DMV at one time.

Here you go....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/local-opinions/bring-the-red-wolves-back-to-virginia/2020/11/19/14621f4a-2905-11eb-92b7-6ef17b3fe3b4_story.html

"Red wolves once ranged from northern Florida to southern New York, and west to the Mississippi."

Fair enough. I'll allow it. :nod:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1124 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:19 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
In keeping with tradition, it'll be an embarrassment.

Like it or not, I figure it's going to be Red Wolves. And people will point out that it's interesting that we chose a nearly extinct animal that has no history in the DC area for our name.

Much like Native Americans.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1125 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:23 am

doclinkin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:

Much like Native Americans.

Native Americans still do.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1126 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:44 am

Oh brother. We finally get a real kicker and then..,
In Rizzo we trust
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1127 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:04 am

Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1128 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:29 am

When I saw Logan Thomas celebrating Kendall Fuller's interception, my immediate thought was for him to be out there on the hands team on special teams. I'm glad it didn't bite us.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1129 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:53 am

Kanyewest wrote:When I saw Logan Thomas celebrating Kendall Fuller's interception, my immediate thought was for him to be out there on the hands team on special teams. I'm glad it didn't bite us.

And Thomas had 2 huge blown plays - causing Lowenbrau's int and dropping the td. He also whiffed on some blocks.

Gibson - for the 2nd straight week - goes out of bounds when they were trying to run down the clock. <shakes head>

Michelob played real well - better than his stats - Thomas really owes him.

No kicker worked out fine - we got our 1st 2 point conversion after 12 straight misses.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,902

Post#1130 » by TGW » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Damn i love Riverboat Ron:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1131 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:18 pm

For folks who believe point differential is the best measurement of how good a team is, it's not looking good for us. We've got the worst in the NFC East with -53. Dallas is +76, Philly is an impressive +31, and NY is -51. After playing the 6-5 Raiders next weekend, we finish with 5 straight against the NFC East - Cowboys Eagles Cowboys Eagles Giants. The NFC East was a joke last year, but this year - each team is better, and the games are much more fun to watch. If we can cut down on the mistakes and avoid injuries, each game should be a lot of fun to watch.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1132 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:When I saw Logan Thomas celebrating Kendall Fuller's interception, my immediate thought was for him to be out there on the hands team on special teams. I'm glad it didn't bite us.

And Thomas had 2 huge blown plays - causing Lowenbrau's int and dropping the td. He also whiffed on some blocks.

Gibson - for the 2nd straight week - goes out of bounds when they were trying to run down the clock. <shakes head>

No kicker worked out fine - we got our 1st 2 point conversion after 12 straight misses.

Yes and no-- assuming Washington makes that field goal instead of going for it on 4th and goal. But getting the 2 point conversion worked out and who knows if Seattle returns another special teams play.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1133 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:32 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Yes and no-- assuming Washington makes that field goal instead of going for it on 4th and goal. But getting the 2 point conversion worked out and who knows if Seattle returns another special teams play.

I was surprised we didn't kick a FG there. I guess Way can't serve as a backup kicker. I would have guessed we would have someone on the roster that can kick chip-shot FG's and extra points in an emergency, but I guess it's not as easy as it looks.
RealGM

Post#1134 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:32 pm

TGW wrote:Damn i love Riverboat Ron:
I'm fired up
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1135 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:33 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
Ruzious wrote:And Thomas had 2 huge blown plays - causing Lowenbrau's int and dropping the td. He also whiffed on some blocks.

I was surprised we didn't kick a FG there. I guess Way can't serve as a backup kicker. I would have guessed we would have someone on the roster that can kick chip-shot FG's and extra points in an emergency, but I guess it's not as easy as it looks.
Call money that these coaches make you would think that they would have a designated backup to the backup kicker and just give a guy a bonus for being able to make a field goal
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1136 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:

Call money that these coaches make you would think that they would have a designated backup to the backup kicker and just give a guy a bonus for being able to make a field goal

And it would have been a chip shot - it was 4th and goal at the 3 - with an 8 point lead - it would have been game over. You and I could make it from there, especially with time to practice from halftime on. Heck, if I'm Deshazer Everett - knowing I should NEVER play anything but special teams - I'd learn to kick a little bit.
RealGM

Post#1137 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:21 am

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I was surprised we didn't kick a FG there. I guess Way can't serve as a backup kicker. I would have guessed we would have someone on the roster that can kick chip-shot FG's and extra points in an emergency, but I guess it's not as easy as it looks.

And it would have been a chip shot - it was 4th and goal at the 3 - with an 8 point lead - it would have been game over. You and I could make it from there, especially with time to practice from halftime on. Heck, if I'm Deshazer Everett - knowing I should NEVER play anything but special teams - I'd learn to kick a little bit.
You or I could kick that **** field goal
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1138 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 1, 2021 11:38 pm

RealGM

Post#1139 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:38 am

Ruzious wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/robert-griffin-iii-writing-tell-all-book-about-redskins/ar-AARlnZs?li=BBnbfcL

Does anyone (outside of politics) have a bigger martyr complex than RG3?
I tried really hard to like that guy. Now I'm kind of neutral on him, and, yes, he does have some sort of complex
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1140 » by gambitx777 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 6:12 am

I think blaming the team is a bit far fetched for him to respnably do. They gave that kid the keys and it's not the teams fault he was injury prone and never learned to slide it stand in the pocket and sling. That being said they probably could have still done better by him.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Washington Wizards