The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1361 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Do the Commodes have enough cap space for both Wagner and the Honey Badger?

If so, we could use the draft to load up on offensive talent, taking a WR like Wilson and an OL with our first two picks.

It looks like they've got some maneuverablity. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/cap// says they have about 12.85 mil available - based on their top 51 contracts. They saved a bunch of cap space on the O-line by going with Norwell and Lucas over Scherff and Flowers. I don't see them going after 2 big names, but 1 wouldn't surprise me.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1362 » by gambitx777 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we retread some notable name WR for cheap, older skill player vets. But add a ton of beef in the draft.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1363 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 1, 2022 5:02 pm

Looking at the 2016 draft... picks 1 and 2 were Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. They both looked like franchise QB's. And the 135th pick was a name that sounded like it came from a John Grisham novel -
Spoiler:
Dak Prescott.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1364 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 2, 2022 12:51 am

Ruzious wrote:Looking at the 2016 draft... picks 1 and 2 were Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. They both looked like franchise QB's. And the 135th pick was a name that sounded like it came from a John Grisham novel -
Spoiler:
Dak Prescott.
I mean other than putting up stats what's he really done for the . Carson had a lot of success early Goff did too. Carson still has tallent. Idk I'm not as high on dak .

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1365 » by Ruzious » Sat Apr 2, 2022 1:17 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Looking at the 2016 draft... picks 1 and 2 were Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. They both looked like franchise QB's. And the 135th pick was a name that sounded like it came from a John Grisham novel -
Spoiler:
Dak Prescott.
I mean other than putting up stats what's he really done for the . Carson had a lot of success early Goff did too. Carson still has tallent. Idk I'm not as high on dak .

Lol, all I said was he the 135th pick.

But 12-5 is a pretty good stat. And he's clearly the top QB in the division.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1366 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Apr 2, 2022 2:15 pm

Kind of a blah off-season so far. Really wanted the Commodes to address either mlb or WR in free agency so that our 1st would be the other. For example, Wagner/Olave or FA WR/Lloyd
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1367 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 3, 2022 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
?t=L0OQXFI5LvykaZg5QzzXdQ&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#1368 » by badinage » Sun Apr 3, 2022 12:40 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

It would seem he can’t survive this. But what are the chances the NFL says — ok, Dan, it’s over; Tanya Snyder must be handed the keys.

That seems like the kind of weaselly, Old Boys Club move that Goodell and the NFL would make. A “win” for both sides and Dan Snyder gets to save face.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1369 » by gambitx777 » Mon Apr 4, 2022 12:02 am

badinage wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

It would seem he can’t survive this. But what are the chances the NFL says — ok, Dan, it’s over; Tanya Snyder must be handed the keys.

That seems like the kind of weaselly, Old Boys Club move that Goodell and the NFL would make. A “win” for both sides and Dan Snyder gets to save face.
It's very possible that they force a transfer of shares to the wife and Dan be barred or band from the stadium and grounds and removed from making team buissness. That wouldn't shock me at all!

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1370 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:32 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
badinage wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's very possible that they force a transfer of shares to the wife and Dan be barred or band from the stadium and grounds and removed from making team buissness. That wouldn't shock me at all!

If it's not the last straw; it's the straw before the inevitable next last straw. He's gotta sell. Transferring ownership to his wife is a non-starter that doesn't accomplish anything, imo.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1371 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 11:59 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
badinage wrote:

If it's not the last straw; it's the straw before the inevitable next last straw. He's gotta sell. Transferring ownership to his wife is a non-starter that doesn't accomplish anything, imo.
I mean, it's possible they put him but transfer to her and ban him. Now that being said If they force the sale..... He still gets paid lol. He still walks away with billions.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1372 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 6, 2022 12:11 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:It's very possible that they force a transfer of shares to the wife and Dan be barred or band from the stadium and grounds and removed from making team buissness. That wouldn't shock me at all!

I mean, it's possible they put him but transfer to her and ban him. Now that being said If they force the sale..... He still gets paid lol. He still walks away with billions.

Who cares what he gets? Besides, one of the reasons the NFL probably wants him to sell is that he's been hurting the value of the franchise considerably over the years. According to the Post, they were last in attendance last season. And with all the borrowing he's done, I doubt selling will end up being nearly as lucrative as you think.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1373 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 6:39 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:If it's not the last straw; it's the straw before the inevitable next last straw. He's gotta sell. Transferring ownership to his wife is a non-starter that doesn't accomplish anything, imo.

Who cares what he gets? Besides, one of the reasons the NFL probably wants him to sell is that he's been hurting the value of the franchise considerably over the years. According to the Post, they were last in attendance last season. And with all the borrowing he's done, I doubt selling will end up being nearly as lucrative as you think.
Depends on a lot of things he's still walk in ng away will billions in his projects even after taxes.

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1374 » by queridiculo » Thu Apr 7, 2022 7:29 am

Dear Jeff Bezos, please make it happen.

Thanks,

Washington Fans everywhere.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1375 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 7, 2022 8:55 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I mean, it's possible they put him but transfer to her and ban him. Now that being said If they force the sale..... He still gets paid lol. He still walks away with billions.

Depends on a lot of things he's still walk in ng away will billions in his projects even after taxes.

Again, I'm not sure why that should matter to us, but selling (assuming he does) would presumably trigger the taxable gain - which he likely otherwise would have deferred for the rest of his life. None of us know the dollar amounts, and I don't think it's relevant to anything tbh.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1376 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 9:05 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Who cares what he gets? Besides, one of the reasons the NFL probably wants him to sell is that he's been hurting the value of the franchise considerably over the years. According to the Post, they were last in attendance last season. And with all the borrowing he's done, I doubt selling will end up being nearly as lucrative as you think.

Again, I'm not sure why that should matter to us, but selling (assuming he does) would presumably trigger the taxable gain - which he likely otherwise would have deferred for the rest of his life. None of us know the dollar amounts, and I don't think it's relevant to anything tbh.
I think it is. Because everyone's talking about him loosing the team and all this ****. Like it's a punishment and it is, but he's still making money back and walking away with cash even after taxes he's banking a ton of money. More than he paid for the team and probably more than he put in once you look at the books, which ever ones the real ones are. My point I simple. Yes he might loose the team but he's no in danger of any real punishment. He's gonna ride off into the sun set and go away with billions and will still never want or need for anything as long as he draws breath.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1377 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 7, 2022 11:22 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Depends on a lot of things he's still walk in ng away will billions in his projects even after taxes.

I think it is. Because everyone's talking about him loosing the team and all this ****. Like it's a punishment and it is, but he's still making money back and walking away with cash even after taxes he's banking a ton of money. More than he paid for the team and probably more than he put in once you look at the books, which ever ones the real ones are. My point I simple. Yes he might loose the team but he's no in danger of any real punishment. He's gonna ride off into the sun set and go away with billions and will still never want or need for anything as long as he draws breath.

I understand what you're trying to say, but obviously it's a punishment, and I'm not sure why you care about how he lives the rest of his life. I also think you're making a lot of assumptions that may or may not be true. And honestly, I could give a flying fudge how he lives the rest of his life. It's not my business, and I don't care.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1378 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 6:47 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Again, I'm not sure why that should matter to us, but selling (assuming he does) would presumably trigger the taxable gain - which he likely otherwise would have deferred for the rest of his life. None of us know the dollar amounts, and I don't think it's relevant to anything tbh.

I understand what you're trying to say, but obviously it's a punishment, and I'm not sure why you care about how he lives the rest of his life. I also think you're making a lot of assumptions that may or may not be true. And honestly, I could give a flying fudge how he lives the rest of his life. It's not my business, and I don't care.
I don't really care if he gets the boot or not either but a lot of sentiment is that people want him to pay for putting the team into the dirt and all the **** he did. I guess I'm just making the point that even if he loses the team he's still rich so let's just focus less on him getting his just deserts and more on the path forward... Idk

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1379 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 8, 2022 1:31 pm

Smart trade long-term by Philly:

Eagles receive:
No. 18 in 2022
No. 101
No. 237
The Saints’ 2023 first-round pick
The Saints’ 2024 second-round pick

Saints receive:
No. 16 in 2022 (from Colts via Eagles)
No. 19
No. 194

That Saints 2023 1st rounder could be very valuable - no protection. Philly taking advantage of the leverage they had from having multiple 1st rounders in this year's draft.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1380 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Apr 9, 2022 3:46 pm

Dwayne Haskins dead at 24.

Terrible tragedy. So sad.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards