ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#21 » by doclinkin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:17 pm

payitforward wrote:No, wait... make that "Dreadskins." You know, for tradition?

But, hold on -- if the team isn't good, call it the Treadskins. Yet, as much money as it makes, perhaps it should be the Breadskins? Yet, if the owner were named Fred or Ed -- Fredskins/Edskins.

Maybe Leonsis should buy them: the Tedskins. Yes, this is getting kind of heavy (Leadskins?). Perhaps they'll be injury-prone (Medskins). Or never play from behind (Aheadskins). Will they have run away (Fledskins)? Be respected on the street (Credskins)? Exhibit bright colors (OLEDskins)?

What if they're sleepy (Bedskins)?

Finally how about if they like this post (Whathesaidskins)?

They play in FED-EX field and are adjacent to the center of American government, seems to me they'd more likely be the FEDskins. The Feds.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Post#22 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If they (WFT) can get this kind of interior push from Payne, Allen, Ionnidas & Settle, where they take the OL with them into the backfield and the DE’s keep Murray contained. The LBers will be left clean to make a play on Murray if he runs.

Could be a big game for Bostic. I’d have expected Holcomb to be in a lot too but I didn’t like the way he limped off the field last week. Anyone seen an update on Holcombs injury?

Last week the Eagles were so banged up. It feels like this game is a better test for the D Line.

I hope they don’t need to bring Collins into the box. If Troy Apke is left alone back there...

Go Team!
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

TE was with Coach Rivera last year 4.71 forty, 6’4” but not known for his blocking ability. Knowing the system has it’s rewards.

WR has 4.27 forty but only 5’ 8” if I remember. Special teams help I think.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:24 pm

“Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Opinion or facts? Which sways your appraisal of Dwayne Haskins. How about actual game logs?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HaskDw00/gamelog/2019/

At the end of last season, in his final six games Haskins threw only three interceptions. Haskins threw seven touchdown passes over that same 6-far span.

His passer rating was 122 against the Eagles. Washington is going to win by more than a touchdown this weekend.

Gibson is going to make a huge difference in this team’s effectiveness.”
==========================================================

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I’m a fan of Haskins too. I’m hoping he continues to improve. He looked really good in the hurry up/ quick hitting offensive plays. But I think the second half of the season is when he may really put it all together.

Also I was surprised by Gibson’s size. I think he’s bigger then his listed roster weight. I think the announcer guessed his weight to be at least 238? I think that’s bigger then Stephen Davis. If they get some better blocking. This could be a fun year.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#25 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Well that sucks.

I wonder if Ryan Anderson plays some LB this week.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:39 pm

I just looked at the stats from last years Panthers @ Arizona game. NC won 38-20.

Kyle Allen threw four TDs, 2 to TE Olsen. Mcafferty had 153 yds & a 76 yd run.

Panther D picked Murray 2x by the CB & had 8 sacks. 4 by DE / 3 by LB / 1 by S. First downs and time of possession dead even.

It would be great if Riverboat Ron beats the Cardinals again with a new team 1 year later.

I’m starting to get excited :D

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#28 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Landon Collins' lack of awareness on that TD is amazing given his reputation and the fact that he ignored the top receiver in football.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:40 pm

2 straight lost fumbles. :nonono: The Skins D is being asked to carry the entire team once again.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#30 » by TGW » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:53 pm

I have no faith in Haskins when he drops back to pass. Even on a simple 2 yard pass, it goes in the dirt.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:49 pm

The tv broadcasters are terrible. The play-by-play guy doesn't know what quarter it is, and I can barely hear the color guy - obviously his microphone sucks, but how does a network not fix that at some point during the game. I've switched to radio, and the new group there seems pretty good - better than I expected.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 pm

TGW wrote:I have no faith in Haskins when he drops back to pass. Even on a simple 2 yard pass, it goes in the dirt.

He's gotta stop targeting Logan Thomas so much - 9 times this game, and I think it resulted in 25 yards - and that was similar to the first game. Thomas is a journeyman, and it's not working. Throw to Gibson more for the underneath stuff, or use Love and make him a part of the passing game. Thomas might contribute more if he's targeted less. Use AGG more - he was targeted once.

Haskins missed a bunch of passes by inches - he's throwing it too hard too often - there's no arc - if he put a little arc on those passes, those misses will often get caught. I think that'll come with experience - and he did that a little towards the end of the game - when it was really over.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#33 » by Kanyewest » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:The tv broadcasters are terrible. The play-by-play guy doesn't know what quarter it is, and I can barely hear the color guy - obviously his microphone sucks, but how does a network not fix that at some point during the game. I've switched to radio, and the new group there seems pretty good - better than I expected.

Dick Stockton (the play by play guy) is terrible - I'm not sure why he's still around. Apparently the color guy was Brady Quinn.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The tv broadcasters are terrible. The play-by-play guy doesn't know what quarter it is, and I can barely hear the color guy - obviously his microphone sucks, but how does a network not fix that at some point during the game. I've switched to radio, and the new group there seems pretty good - better than I expected.

Dick Stockton (the play by play guy) is terrible - I'm not sure why he's still around. Apparently the color guy was Brady Quinn.

Yeah, Stockton's got a good strong voice and has a ton of experience, but he clearly doesn't know football any more than an average fan does, and Quinn managed to say nothing insightful the entire time I watched. Our local radio team however sounded great. Bram and DHall worked really well together, and Julie D did a nice job of lobbing questions to DHall - who had tons of interesting things to say. He stuttered a couple of times, but that didn't hurt the broadcast, imo. And Bram is the first Washington play by play guy I can remember (sorry Frank Herzog) who tells you where the ball is, what down it is, and what's happening each play. He's also got a sense of humor that goes well with DHall's seriousness. You can tell all 3 of them are doing their best to put on a good show, and they're doing it.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#35 » by TGW » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:10 pm

So how long should Haskins leash be? I figure if he continues to underwhelm by week 7, Allen should get an opportunity.

I actually support Haskins and approved of drafting him, but like RG3, he got drafted by the wrong organization. I’m sure if it were up to Coach Ron, Haskins would be sitting out for the year and learning the offense/cleaning up his mechanics.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#36 » by mhd » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm

TGW wrote:So how long should Haskins leash be? I figure if he continues to underwhelm by week 7, Allen should get an opportunity.

I actually support Haskins and approved of drafting him, but like RG3, he got drafted by the wrong organization. I’m sure if it were up to Coach Ron, Haskins would be sitting out for the year and learning the offense/cleaning up his mechanics.

You can't teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. Haskins can't throw a deep ball to save his life because he puts no arc on it. He can't throw a touch pass to save his life. He's best with inside slants with his quick release. That's all he has. He's simply horribly inaccurate.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#37 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 pm

mhd wrote:
TGW wrote:So how long should Haskins leash be? I figure if he continues to underwhelm by week 7, Allen should get an opportunity.

You can't teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. Haskins can't throw a deep ball to save his life because he puts no arc on it. He can't throw a touch pass to save his life. He's best with inside slants with his quick release. That's all he has. He's simply horribly inaccurate.

Yeah, my hopes aren't high. But it's looking like it could be a down year across the division so they might be able to keep giving Haskins chances while staying competitive. The season could get very interesting if they can somehow go into the bye 3-0 in division. Again, hopes aren't high...but...
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#38 » by queridiculo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 am

I didn't want to rain on everybody's parade after the high of that first week, but it was obvious even in that win that this defense really struggled and wasn't up to its billing.

Despite a group of JV linemen the Eagles left a lot of points on the board.

I am only slightly more impressed by what Jack Del Rio has done with his defense than I am with his Twitter persona.

What an ****.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#39 » by queridiculo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:35 am

Washington spent a high first on Haskins.

As long as the defense doesn't distinguish itself as a unit that can win them some games, they might as well take the rest of the year to see if there is anything Haskins shows on the field that could make Washington question whether to spend another high pick on a franchise quarterback.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#40 » by gambitx777 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 am

Haven't watched a game this year , honestly I've retreated from sports lately other than the ufc. But I've heard Haskins can't take his eyes off the man he's tossing too and he telegraphs too much ? True or false ?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Washington Wizards