Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX 

Post#461 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Ed Wood wrote:Dangling has a pretty menacing connotation in that sentence. Am I to understand that the Magic are threatening to give us Aaron Gordon unless we surrender our pick to them?

Dangling prepositions are not what we want to look at.

I can't see an Aaron Gordon trade to the Wiz given his salary of something like 18 mil. There's no match on the Wiz with the possible exception of an s&t of Bertans.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#462 » by Eli Babak » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter

WTF!! :banghead: This must be a joke.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#463 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:09 pm

SOMEONE TELL TOMMY TO STOP SIPPIN THAT ERNIE KOOL-AID!!!
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,315

Post#464 » by NatP4 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Woah
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#465 » by Meliorus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Too much attachment to Wall, been nearly a decade. Trading him would make it so hard to watch them. Sentimental attachment is a real thing for the 2nd longest-tenured player in the NBA, and it's really not worth it if we're giving up draft picks.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,363

Post#466 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think this is real. Sounds like fiction created by Houston to drum up PR value for their outgoing disgruntled player. Beal has made it clear he wants to play next to his 'brother' Wall. Tommy has made it clear he wants to build around Beal. Westbrook has shown declining value. Neh. Unlikely.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#467 » by Dark Faze » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 pm

I knew it was just a matter of time until Sheppard showed his true colors.

If its a straight up swap, you maybe think about it---not even close to considering it if we have to add draft picks.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#468 » by Ed Wood » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 pm

I choose to assume it's entirely smoke or another instance of picking up the phone to ask after people's spouses and pets. Wall and Westbrook were last good roughly two years ago (and Westbrook was admittedly better then) but while Wall's value has diminished as a result of his being hurt Westbrook's has by playing... ungood. Sure, I'd probably say no even if I thought it was a push as a trade because I also like Wall, but I don't really even feel that it is. We've seen Russ start to decline, we can at least pretend Wall is gonna blow doors off this year.

e: I say this as someone who thinks Russ comes off as a neat guy and like engaging in his commitment to things he cares about. He has also unquestionably been a historically significant player and a greater player than Wall over his career. I don't have concerns about him as a person - I just don't foresee him necessarily outplaying Wall going forward.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#469 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Ed Wood wrote:I choose to assume it's entirely smoke or another instance of picking up the phone to ask after people's spouses and pets. Wall and Westbrook were last good roughly two years ago (and Westbrook was admittedly better then) but while Wall's value has diminished as a result of his being hurt Westbrook's has by playing... ungood. Sure, I'd probably say no even if I thought it was a push as a trade because I also like Wall, but I don't really even feel that it is. We've seen Russ start to decline, we can at least pretend Wall is gonna blow doors off this year.

Westbrook not being able to shoot high volume of three at a high percentage permanently hurts his value. He isn't Jordan who shot .50 percent and basically was his team bigman. He is not steph curry who basically makes 350 shots equivalent to "and 1". and on top of that shoots close to .50 from the field.
hte only guard I am trading for is a player who can shoot close .50 from the field on high volume, otherwise a guy like Westbrook can never be your number one option. Beal is not a primary option because he doesn't shoot .50 from the field but his field goal percentage should really increase because wall should give him alot more open looks and increase his field goal percentage. that's only way Beal turns into a true number one option by increasing his volume of three and hitting that at higher clip. We can turn into a deep playoff team by locking down another teams three point shooting with achiuwa out perimeter and on switches.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#470 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Lol, the Rockets are desperate. Its pretty clear that they leaked the news to Shams. I'm sure they called Tommy up to discuss a trade since Wall and Westbrook have the same contract. But why would we trade for Russ and give up assets?

That contradicts everyone saying Wall looks really good (and he does!) in his conditioning and how he's playing since he was cleared to do basketball activity months ago.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#471 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 am

FAH1223 wrote:Lol, the Rockets are desperate. Its pretty clear that they leaked the news to Shams. I'm sure they called Tommy up to discuss a trade since Wall and Westbrook have the same contract. But why would we trade for Russ and give up assets?

That contradicts everyone saying Wall looks really good (and he does!) in his conditioning and how he's playing since he was cleared to do basketball activity months ago.

This.

These trade "discussions" were "leaked" either by Houston or Westbrook's agent to generate buzz. We aren't trading for Westbrook. Maybe if we were actively trying to drive Bradley Beal away, we'd do this.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,382

Post#472 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:13 am

Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

WTF Tommy :nonono:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#473 » by queridiculo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:14 am

:lol: yeah right.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#474 » by Shoe » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:26 am

The only way we trade Wall attaching assets before the season would be if he screws up again promoting gang affiliation. Listen to the Lowe podcast and Sheppard did not take that lightly.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM

Post#475 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 am

Shoe wrote:The only way we trade Wall attaching assets before the season would be if he screws up again promoting gang affiliation. Listen to the Lowe podcast and Sheppard did not take that lightly.

I listened to it a couple days ago. Anyone concerned that he considered the Keef deal a great trade? We gave up a lottery pick for that bum.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#476 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:41 am

Hey, while we’re talking, how about I give you Beal and you give me Harden?
In Rizzo we trust
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#477 » by Dat2U » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:45 am

doclinkin wrote:
Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think this is real. Sounds like fiction created by Houston to drum up PR value for their outgoing disgruntled player. Beal has made it clear he wants to play next to his 'brother' Wall. Tommy has made it clear he wants to build around Beal. Westbrook has shown declining value. Neh. Unlikely.

Chris Miller on Twitter said where there's smoke, there's fire. I think its legit. But I think its likely Houston checking the temperature on one of James Harden's best friends and seeing if that would be enough to get Harden to buy into possibly staying.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM

Post#478 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:06 am

Between Tommy saying the Keef deal was a “great trade” and Chris Miller basically saying that the Wall/Westbrick discussions are legit, my faith in Tommy is beginning to waver. Ugh make it stop.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#479 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:16 am

Dat2U wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Eli Babak wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chris Miller on Twitter said where there's smoke, there's fire. I think its legit. But I think its likely Houston checking the temperature on one of James Harden's best friends and seeing if that would be enough to get Harden to buy into possibly staying.

Another consideration is Westbrook really liked playing for Scott Brooks.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#480 » by TGW » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 am

Relax dudes. Westbrook was probably asked by rockets management a list of teams he wouldn’t mind being traded to, and the wizards were probably on his list. The rockets are doing due diligence at this point.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards