Don't care
11%

Total votes: 129

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Deni Avdija 

Post#1101 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Doclinkin enjoys my talk too text errors. I will switch the my tablet ….
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1102 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:21 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Doclinkin enjoys my talk too text errors. I will switch the my tablet ….
Now I am on a different device that at least I can read the text easily. As far as justifying my idea about Jam at Center...

Perhaps I should have stepped away from the keyboard before I even came up with that! Don't worry <<gym>>I don't think the VA meds have killed me yet

HERE ARE NBA HIGHLIGHTS

What I said about Jen vesely you would have to go back and use the search function but I stand by it to this day. The Wizards ruin that young man's career. He and Kevin seraphin played in what some people called meaningless games at the end of a season and they won something like six or seven games in a row. The next year grunfeld that did some horrible roster construction and made it so neither one of those young players could succeed.

My sister thinks I need to be on stronger meds and you guys think I'm crazy but I think you're all wrong I know what I'm talkin about
Bye bye Beal.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,022

Post#1103 » by dckingsfan » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:26 pm

payitforward wrote:Deni Avdija turned 21 seven weeks ago...

OTOH, & this is the only negative note, his TOs are slightly up.

And even there - his Assist/TO ratio is up...
RealGM

Post#1104 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:32 pm

Of course I could be wrong. Jan vesely is mostly a rimrunner who dunks the ball. I believe he could play small forward with Denny or he can play center or he can play power forward and I'm sure I'm right. I don't think I'm right I'm sure I'm right
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1105 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:42 pm

I said with this current interasian of wizards integration iteration yes that's the correct word.

Jan vesely is an experienced International player who had a shot at the NBA and wasn't totally unsuccessful and I could point to basketball-reference statistics or the realgm file but I'll let you guys look at that.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jan-Vesely/International/2329/2022

I found something ridiculous
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jan-Vesely/Comparison/2329/Giannis-Antetokounmpo/49629

I found something extremely informative and very good
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jan-Vesely/Comparison/2329/Giannis-Antetokounmpo/49629

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Vesel%C3%BD

THE WIKI ONLINE ENCYCLOPEDIA it has his accomplishments and everything you need to make your own argument. He will be 32 years old in April and he's very much in his prime and he already knows and has been a teammate with Bradley
He might have played against rui hachimura in this last Olympics I'm not sure

What I said is he would be good in that Center rotation with Thomas and with Daniel but what I really mean to say is he would be a good addition to the team even if he's on the bench

I remember people telling me Jalen Smith was no good
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1106 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:53 pm

In the last 20 minutes I have made three separate posts to defend what might be an indefensible position. That comment about Jan vesely. Everything else is the same old Ken that's been on realgm for 21 years

We made it through September 11th

About 5 years ago here in Hawaii there was a missile scare that we thought

might be the end with an ICBM heading for this island from North Korea

Heaven knows --Covid-- it has changed the game for everybody the last two-and-a-half years

I am not worried about being up at 5 a.m. when the world is looking at Ukraine and Russia

Boy oh boy we're living in some crazy times
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1107 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Euro fans love Vesely. They think he's one of the greatest athletes ever to play basketball. I remember getting into an argument with a couple of them - maybe 3. I said Javale McGee was a better athlete. They said I must be crazy to think that. Honestly, I think it's because the level of athletes they're used to seeing is so much worse than NBA level, and that's something most of them are never going to believe - for whatever reason.

I think Vesely's biggest problem was that he didn't have a real position in the NBA. He wasn't strong enough to play center for long stretches - and also didn't have good hands, and he didn't have the kind of skills teams look for in forwards. He needed a James Gist type tough guy to play with. Speaking of which, I think Gist was just as athletic as Vesely.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#1108 » by doclinkin » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:02 am

payitforward wrote: I take it back!

Inside joke but: HAH!
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#1109 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:08 am

Gafford back to starting, as it should be.
RealGM

Post#1110 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 1, 2022 2:02 am

All those people who said that Jalen Smith was light in the cakes how did he get that double double in 26 minutes yesterday? So Indiana traded with Sacramento for Haliburton and they traded with Phoenix for Jalen Smith; to go along with Chris Duarte (docklinkin's guy).

The great news is right now Deni is even better than Jalen Smith. Both were worthy of their respective draft positions.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1111 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 1, 2022 2:06 am

doclinkin wrote:
payitforward wrote: I take it back!

Inside joke but: HAH!
Gist was better on the same teamwhen drafted. I champion underdogs but Come On Man....

NOBODY

NONE OF US

Nair one wanted Vesely over Klay or Kawhi (and I liked Kenneth Faried), except Ernst Grunfail.
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#1112 » by payitforward » Tue Mar 1, 2022 3:36 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:...Nair one wanted Vesely over Klay or Kawhi (and I liked Kenneth Faried), except Ernst Grunfail.

Ain't it the truth! Kawhi was my guy at #6.

I also liked Faried.

In fairness... I did find Bismack Biyombo, the mystery man that year, kind of appealing!

But, I'd have taken Kawhi at #6. Then, at #18, I'd have taken Tobias Harris or Faried or Jimmy Butler -- given that Vucevic was gone.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#1113 » by doclinkin » Tue Mar 1, 2022 3:19 pm

payitforward wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:...Nair one wanted Vesely over Klay or Kawhi (and I liked Kenneth Faried), except Ernst Grunfail.

Ain't it the truth! Kawhi was my guy at #6.

I also liked Faried.

In fairness... I did find Bismack Biyombo, the mystery man that year, kind of appealing!

But, I'd have taken Kawhi at #6. Then, at #18, I'd have taken Tobias Harris or Faried or Jimmy Butler -- given that Vucevic was gone.

I wanted Jonas Valanciunas, but with him gone I knew Kemba Walker would be good. We had the young John Wall but had been through few years with no back up PG, which hurts not only when a star is injured, but hurts defensive effort and leads coaches to overplaying their stars. Plus I didn't want to repeat the mistake of not drafting Curry simply because Arenas was on the roster.

Everybody on the board liked Faried in part because Kev Broome's stat evaluations loved him.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#1114 » by Pistol King » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:33 pm

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1115 » by FAH1223 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:46 pm

Pistol King wrote:A detailed analysis on Deni by Kevin Broom. Worth a reading:

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2022/3/24/22994635/wizards-avdija-comparing-nba-young-players-future-prediction

We used the 9th pick on the 12th best player in the draft so far.

And Kevin basically says if he can improve his shooting, defending without fouling, and his handles... he'll be a quality player.

So many IFs
Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Post#1116 » by Dolevi » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:52 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2022/3/24/22994635/wizards-avdija-comparing-nba-young-players-future-prediction

And Kevin basically says if he can improve his shooting, defending without fouling, and his handles... he'll be a quality player.

So many IFs

Shooting (overall offensive game) and handles.. (confidence too as a direct product of his expected development).
Defending without fouling? Deni is the best defender in the team. Sometimes the refs don't give him respect and whistle when he faces all-stars. Defense is the last thing Deni needs to work on.

He's a Point Forward potential, the only 2 things stopping him from being able to play our 1 and be a starter are his % from the field (offense) and a little bit handles. If he'll be good at both (and he can be with some hard work) - he's a stud - all-star potential level. Trust the process my friend, i don't think that how good he's now compared to others is relevant like how his potential compared to others is.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#1117 » by nate33 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:57 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

So many IFs

Broom's PPA analysis is good, but like most summary metrics, it's limited in it's ability to capture defense, particularly for perimeter defenders.

I think if you properly account for Avdija's above-average defense, he is probably more like the 8-10th best player in the draft. That's pretty good with the 9th pick. (There are always one or two late picks that surprise to the upside, making it hard to outperform your draft position when picking high in the draft.)
Runner300
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#1118 » by Runner300 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:12 pm

"Get rid of the guy" wrapped in polite words and advanced statistcal mertics.
But I may be wrong...
arusinov
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#1119 » by arusinov » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:55 am

As Chase Hughes reports: before almost every game Deni Avdija performs windmill dunk...

Chase tried to get one of those in his tweets... but it seems each time he attempts this feat - for whatever reason he fails to record the dunk. This game (against GSW) he almost succeeded but still was a bit late so the video is not in focus.

Anyway here's around 0:53 you can see not very successful attempt to record Deni's successful windmill dunk

Read on Twitter

The sad thing: this season any Deni's dunks in actual games are just as elusive as "a white whale"

p.s.

Here on Deni's Instagram - a windmill dunk on a full view (get to the 3rd frame) ... How could player which does those with such easiness avoid dunking in games almost completely - beyond my understanding

Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Post#1120 » by Dolevi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:46 pm

arusinov wrote:As Chase Hughes reports: before almost every game Deni Avdija performs windmill dunk...

Chase tried to get one of those in his tweets... but it seems each time he attempts this feat - for whatever reason he fails to record the dunk. This game (against GSW) he almost succeeded but still was a bit late so the video is not in focus.

Anyway here's around 0:53 you can see not very successful attempt to record Deni's successful windmill dunk

Read on Twitter

The sad thing: this season any Deni's dunks in actual games are just as elusive as "a white whale"

p.s.

Here on Deni's Instagram - a windmill dunk on a full view (get to the 3rd frame) ... How could player which does those with such easiness avoid dunking in games almost completely - beyond my understanding

Totally. Everytime I see those Deni's Dunks highlights on IG, sometimes it's in pre-game, sometime it's in practice, but dude doesn't want to try it in games. Lack of confidence? Ability? It's all mental. He afraids to try and dunk on guys in gametime. Can't understand it.

Return to Washington Wizards