Don't care
11%

Total votes: 129

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Deni Avdija 

Post#1401 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:48 pm

I think Deni is a player to hold on to. He defends a bit and he passes. He is not afraid to shoot. Metrics are kind to him for good reasons.
Bye bye Beal.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#1402 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:44 am

doclinkin wrote:just to reset the topic:

take that, Luka! :D
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#1403 » by tleikheen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:03 am

Tyler Herro was 6th Man of the Year last year avging 20ppg playing starter minutes off the bench.
Some say we need to consolidate because we have to many forwards but Deni can play 1-4 being a triple threat ,scoring ,passing and rebounding plus playing defense on the opponents best player. His all around game doesnt lock him into one position and he play where needed .

When training camp hits you can pencil in KP,Kuz,Beal and Morris starting to start with leaving the 5th position open. The expectation is Rui is going to come in and look to good to be coming off the bench. Deni is going to come to training camp looking confident after a successful FIBA showing. Deni brought the ball up and showed an all around game. I think Deni can be a 6th man candidate avg 15 ppg/7apg/7 rpg and defend the opposing players best players. I also would like to see Avidja,Beal,Kuz ,Hachimurs and KP getting some 4th quarter minutes.
arusinov
Sophomore
And1: 250

Post#1404 » by arusinov » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:36 pm

https://youtu.be/wgC-464Iep4

Naturally those are highlights but I think everyone can see what is the potential we " Deni's stans" are talking about
RealGM

Post#1405 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:56 pm

tleikheen wrote:Tyler Herro was 6th Man of the Year last year avging 20ppg playing starter minutes off the bench.
Some say we need to consolidate because we have to many forwards but Deni can play 1-4 being a triple threat ,scoring ,passing and rebounding plus playing defense on the opponents best player. His all around game doesnt lock him into one position and he play where needed .

When training camp hits you can pencil in KP,Kuz,Beal and Morris starting to start with leaving the 5th position open. The expectation is Rui is going to come in and look to good to be coming off the bench. Deni is going to come to training camp looking confident after a successful FIBA showing. Deni brought the ball up and showed an all around game. I think Deni can be a 6th man candidate avg 15 ppg/7apg/7 rpg and defend the opposing players best players. I also would like to see Avidja,Beal,Kuz ,Hachimurs and KP getting some 4th quarter minutes.
Honestly, to now from when the season starts...

Are they in training camp??

Japan trip is... WHEN???.

Sent from my SM-A536U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#1406 » by deneem4 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:56 pm

He should be our starting point guard
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1407 » by doclinkin » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Hah! Universally agreed, Deni talks too much.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NXIudf4CZFY

But man you know, you got to talk on defense...
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#1408 » by nate33 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:55 pm

doclinkin wrote:Hah! Universally agreed, Deni talks too much.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NXIudf4CZFY

But man you know, you got to talk on defense...

:lol:
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 870

Post#1409 » by badinage » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:04 pm

What I'm hearing in this isn’t something funny. Though, sure, it’s a fun little item. But what I hear, beneath this, is that these are, in the main, men who are lacking when it comes to a certain kind of emotional and social and inner development. Not saying that that’s what this is, that’s what I hear. And it’s not so surprising — they’re jocks; jocks are not shaped toward that goal — from a certain age, they are actively shaped away from it. That’s fine on the court. Maybe even necessary. But a fuller, richer life is there, outside of competition, and the constant quest to crush other men like a bug.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1410 » by doclinkin » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 am

badinage wrote:What I'm hearing in this isn’t something funny. Though, sure, it’s a fun little item. But what I hear, beneath this, is that these are, in the main, men who are lacking when it comes to a certain kind of emotional and social and inner development. Not saying that that’s what this is, that’s what I hear. And it’s not so surprising — they’re jocks; jocks are not shaped toward that goal — from a certain age, they are actively shaped away from it. That’s fine on the court. Maybe even necessary. But a fuller, richer life is there, outside of competition, and the constant quest to crush other men like a bug.

The hell? A bunch of young dudes in their 20's are excited to be going on a trip to Japan to play a couple games that don't count. That's it. The 27 year olds gave thoughtful responses to a throwaway question. The younger ones were clowning. Except Johnny Davis who's clearly gotta be nervous. And just had a baby. The video editor picked the most entertaining responses. Because they are in the entertainment business. It's how the bills are paid.

Man, I'm not sitting next to you on that plane. Can't enjoy the in flight movie because you'll be parsing the dark semiotics underlying every plot twist. "You enjoying that packet of nuts? You know the almond industry is destroying the water table of California. Every nut you eat represents one family who cannot put water in the dog's bowl. One thirsty child."

:clown:
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 870

Post#1411 » by badinage » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:16 pm

doclinkin wrote:
badinage wrote:What I'm hearing in this isn’t something funny. Though, sure, it’s a fun little item. But what I hear, beneath this, is that these are, in the main, men who are lacking when it comes to a certain kind of emotional and social and inner development. Not saying that that’s what this is, that’s what I hear. And it’s not so surprising — they’re jocks; jocks are not shaped toward that goal — from a certain age, they are actively shaped away from it. That’s fine on the court. Maybe even necessary. But a fuller, richer life is there, outside of competition, and the constant quest to crush other men like a bug.

The hell? A bunch of young dudes in their 20's are excited to be going on a trip to Japan to play a couple games that don't count. That's it. The 27 year olds gave thoughtful responses to a throwaway question. The younger ones were clowning. Except Johnny Davis who's clearly gotta be nervous. And just had a baby. The video editor picked the most entertaining responses. Because they are in the entertainment business. It's how the bills are paid.

Man, I'm not sitting next to you on that plane. Can't enjoy the in flight movie because you'll be parsing the dark semiotics underlying every plot twist. "You enjoying that packet of nuts? You know the almond industry is destroying the water table of California. Every nut you eat represents one family who cannot put water in the dog's bowl. One thirsty child."

:clown:

Yeah, that’s fair.

I don’t think it represents how I feel about it now. Sounds kinda extreme and over-serious. But it did then. A flash of a feeling, over and done with. Replaced by other feelings I felt and (probably) don’t feel anymore.

What I’m feeling now, thinking about this, is: I like these guys. A lot. It’s a team that’s got a lot of likable cats. Really likable. But when I see footage like this, or when the camera gets too close, the whole human interest profile thing … I seize up. No. No no. It’s kind of similar to how I feel about songs in another language. Without knowing what they’re really about, they could be about anything, and so you, the listener, can make them be as profound and mystical as you want or need. And then you learn the words and discover that they’re as banal/dopey as the songs in your own language. :)
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1412 » by doclinkin » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:22 pm

badinage wrote:What I’m feeling now, thinking about this, is: I like these guys. A lot. It’s a team that’s got a lot of likable cats. Really likable.

This is the one key clear benefit of Ted's policy on selecting for character above all and his double bottom line. It's pretty easy to cheer for hard working good guys who love the game and won't cheat on the effort. Maybe we don't have hypertalented high-achieving superstars who approach everything in life with a level of competitive arrogance that makes them miserable people but successful in their narrow field of skill. Or folks who have some dangerous past or shady associates that were necessary evils growing up. (Like: I have no idea what made Tari Eason drop so far in the draft. Maybe background checks showed some risky people in his circle, or whatever. No point in speculating. But there is no way he was the 17th most talented player in this draft. Seemed like a high effort high energy hard-working guy to me.)

But so okay our talent level may not be stellar. But this crew comes across as decent good guys, however good they pan out to be as players.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#1413 » by payitforward » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:52 pm

doclinkin wrote:... I have no idea what made Tari Eason drop so far in the draft. Maybe background checks showed some risky people in his circle, or whatever. No point in speculating. But there is no way he was the 17th most talented player in this draft. Seemed like a high effort high energy hard-working guy to me....

Is there really much to conclude from Eason being taken as late as #17?
As you know, at least 1 of the top 5 guys in every draft is taken at least 10 picks lower than #5. We'll see how he turns out (wish he was ours :)), but however good he is, it won't be a surprise that he went so low. Look at where Kawhi went!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#1414 » by doclinkin » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:34 am

payitforward wrote:
doclinkin wrote:... I have no idea what made Tari Eason drop so far in the draft. Maybe background checks showed some risky people in his circle, or whatever. No point in speculating. But there is no way he was the 17th most talented player in this draft. Seemed like a high effort high energy hard-working guy to me....

As you know, at least 1 of the top 5 guys in every draft is taken at least 10 picks lower than #5. We'll see how he turns out (wish he was ours :)), but however good he is, it won't be a surprise that he went so low. Look at where Kawhi went!

Kawhi dropped because he was inarticulate and nervous in interviews, by all reports. Teams questioned his jumpshot, wondering if it was broken and if he would work on it. But more than anything as soon as teams started working him out he slipped further and further down the mocks. The Suns GM I think was the one who said he passed on him because he sweated through his suit during interviews at the combine. Figured he would crack under the attention of thousands of people. There is often a reason players drop. And yes the reasons are often exactly that stupid. Trying to gauge 'character' rather than answering the question: does this guy play the game well?
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#1415 » by Frichuela » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:31 pm

If his shooting is legit and hits +36-37% from 3, he has the potential to be a top 75 player in the NBA.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=Sqsywnt8y0r8v3XT3c226A
RealGM

Post#1416 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:28 am

payitforward wrote:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-by-pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-17/

History of the NBA Draft – Pick Number 17

2019 Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech – New Orleans Pelicans
2018 Donte DiVincenzo, Villanova – Milwaukee Bucks
2017 D.J. Wilson, Michigan – Milwaukee Bucks
2016 Wade Baldwin, Vanderbilt – Memphis Grizzlies
2015 Rashad Vaughn, UNLV – Milwaukee Bucks
2014 James Young, Kentucky – Boston Celtics
2013 Dennis Schroeder, Germany – Atlanta Hawks
2012 Tyler Zeller, UNC – Dallas Mavericks
2011 Iman Shumpert, Georgia Tech – New York Knicks
2010 Kevin Seraphin, France – Chicago Bulls

2000’s

2009 Jrue Holiday, UCLA – Philadelphia 76ers
2008 Roy Hibbert, Georgetown – Toronto Raptors
2007 Sean Williams, Boston College – New Jersey Nets
2006 Shawne Williams, Memphis – Indiana Pacers
2005 Danny Granger, New Mexico – Indiana Pacers
2004 Josh Smith, Oak Hill Academy H.S. VA – Atlanta Hawks
2003 Zarko Cabarkapa, Serbia & Montenegro – Phoenix Suns
2002 Juan Dixon, Maryland – Washington Wizards
2001 Michael Bradley, Villanova – Toronto Raptors
2000 Desmond Mason, Oklahoma State – Seattle Supersonics

1990’s

1999 Cal Bowdler, Old Dominion – Atlanta Hawks
1998 Radoslav Nesterovic, Slovenia – Minnesota Timberwolves
1997 Johnny Taylor, Tennessee-Chattanooga – Orlando Magic
1996 Jermaine O’Neal, Eau Claire HS (SC) – Portland Trail Blazers
1995 Bob Sura, Florida State – Cleveland Cavaliers
1994 Aaron McKie, Temple – Portland Trail Blazers
1993 Greg Graham, Indiana – Charlotte Hornets
1992 Doug Christie, Pepperdine – Seattle Supersonics
1991 Victor Alexander, Iowa State – Golden State Warriors
1990 Jerrod Mustaf, Maryland – New York Knicks

1980’s

1989 Shawn Kemp, Trinity Valley – Seattle Supersonics
1988 Eric Leckner, Wyoming – Utah Jazz
1987 Ronnie Murphy, Jacksonville – Portland Trail Blazers
1986 Harold Pressley, Villanova – Sacramento Kings
1985 Uwe Blab, Indiana – Dallas Mavericks
1984 Jeff Turner, Vanderbilt – New Jersey Nets
1983 Leo Rautins, Syracuse – Philadelphia 76ers
1982 Brook Steppe, Georgia Tech – Kansas City Kings
1981 Kevin Loder, Alabama State – Kansas City Kings
1980 Larry Drew, Missouri – Detroit Pistons
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#1417 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:50 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
payitforward wrote:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-by-pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-17/

History of the NBA Draft – Pick Number 17

2019 Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech – New Orleans Pelicans
2018 Donte DiVincenzo, Villanova – Milwaukee Bucks
2017 D.J. Wilson, Michigan – Milwaukee Bucks
2016 Wade Baldwin, Vanderbilt – Memphis Grizzlies
2015 Rashad Vaughn, UNLV – Milwaukee Bucks
2014 James Young, Kentucky – Boston Celtics
2013 Dennis Schroeder, Germany – Atlanta Hawks
2012 Tyler Zeller, UNC – Dallas Mavericks
2011 Iman Shumpert, Georgia Tech – New York Knicks
2010 Kevin Seraphin, France – Chicago Bulls

2000’s

2009 Jrue Holiday, UCLA – Philadelphia 76ers
2008 Roy Hibbert, Georgetown – Toronto Raptors
2007 Sean Williams, Boston College – New Jersey Nets
2006 Shawne Williams, Memphis – Indiana Pacers
2005 Danny Granger, New Mexico – Indiana Pacers
2004 Josh Smith, Oak Hill Academy H.S. VA – Atlanta Hawks
2003 Zarko Cabarkapa, Serbia & Montenegro – Phoenix Suns
2002 Juan Dixon, Maryland – Washington Wizards
2001 Michael Bradley, Villanova – Toronto Raptors
2000 Desmond Mason, Oklahoma State – Seattle Supersonics

1990’s

1999 Cal Bowdler, Old Dominion – Atlanta Hawks
1998 Radoslav Nesterovic, Slovenia – Minnesota Timberwolves
1997 Johnny Taylor, Tennessee-Chattanooga – Orlando Magic
1996 Jermaine O’Neal, Eau Claire HS (SC) – Portland Trail Blazers
1995 Bob Sura, Florida State – Cleveland Cavaliers
1994 Aaron McKie, Temple – Portland Trail Blazers
1993 Greg Graham, Indiana – Charlotte Hornets
1992 Doug Christie, Pepperdine – Seattle Supersonics
1991 Victor Alexander, Iowa State – Golden State Warriors
1990 Jerrod Mustaf, Maryland – New York Knicks

1980’s

1989 Shawn Kemp, Trinity Valley – Seattle Supersonics
1988 Eric Leckner, Wyoming – Utah Jazz
1987 Ronnie Murphy, Jacksonville – Portland Trail Blazers
1986 Harold Pressley, Villanova – Sacramento Kings
1985 Uwe Blab, Indiana – Dallas Mavericks
1984 Jeff Turner, Vanderbilt – New Jersey Nets
1983 Leo Rautins, Syracuse – Philadelphia 76ers
1982 Brook Steppe, Georgia Tech – Kansas City Kings
1981 Kevin Loder, Alabama State – Kansas City Kings
1980 Larry Drew, Missouri – Detroit Pistons

My favorite 17 of all time?

Gotta be Uwe Blab
In Rizzo we trust
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#1418 » by Frichuela » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Looks like the ankle injury was mild in the end...let's hope for no set backs...

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=a1Cf4d1fxa5t-ow4ySEZLQ
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#1419 » by AFM » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:13 pm

love deni's "preparing for a flood" swag. hike them pants up amigo
Wizraeli
Sophomore
And1: 146